Could a live action Evangelion ever work?

Could a live action Evangelion ever work?
I think it could.

youtube.com/watch?v=_IKNGxx_RxY

Yeah, it's called Pacific Rim.

Yep.

Pretty much.

as posted previously,Pacific rim is pretty much it.
Evangelion wouldb be too edgy and weird for normies.

>completely missing the tone and point of NGE

Not suprising, considering youre posting on Sup Forums.

But Pacific Rim is good

what tone? the fucking talking penguin and shit? or the pseudo intellectual CROSSES EVERYWHERE religious imagery? the main characters not being angsty 13 year olds? or the faggot angel guy from the penultimate episode?

It'd bomb hard

How about a single ounce of plot beyond THE ROBOTS NEED TO FIGHT DA MONSTERS!

What the fuck did I just watch? Is this some fan-made animation? Looks pretty cool and makes me want to start up Eva now.

Also: as with actual show
>have the benefit of flight
>hover at an altitude that the Eva (Angel in the show) can rekk your shit
For what purpose? Fly way up out of reach and shoot from there. Or be more than 10 feet from it god damn.

That's essentially what Evangelion is you retard except they dress it up a bit so teenagers are impressed by it.

Have Anno shoot it as a complete parody, like his Cutie Honey or that Ultraman short. I can't see it working any other way.

what once of the plot precisely?the gay relationship between shinji and kaworu?people evolving into literally tangerine?Gendo being a pedo that is in love with rey?Misato being an attention whore used by kaji?
NGE is just too much fucked up.

Officially licensed "fan animation"

yes. All of that counts as plot that is absent in Pacific Rim

In the simplest terms Eva is about its characters and dealing with self loathing. It's is not considered good because of muh the symbolism or DEEPness or whatever you seem to think. Of course the characters and concept of Eva would be butchered and it would turn into a Michael Bay film about robots fighting monsters to appeal to general audiences.

I like the sound of that actually...

the penguin never talked, idiot

It talked during Shinji's internal dialogue if I remember correctly...

No, because the budget would be too high and story is too complex to fit in a two hour movie

I watched Eva for the robots and the overall setting.

Weak characters with issues annoy the hell out of me (most Eva characters), unless they serve a plot purpose and are either killed off ASAP or improve themselves.

Anyone un-ironically likes Eva for its character development is either a masochist or self-inserting their own shitty life into it.

>Budget too high
No higher than any other giant monster/mech movie

Yes but typically those movies are part of a pre-existing franchise (transformers, marvel)
Evangelion isn't mainstream enough for studios to risk spending hundreds of millions of dollars on it

From reading your post I can tell your opinion isn't very valuable

Stuff like this makes me wonder how close something like the Jeger designs can get before being considered straight up ripping off.

Unit 02 on the left there is already coming close

That's fine. Strong audiences identity with strong characters. Weak audiences identify with weak characters.

Now neck yourself before you bring your dad more shame.

Idiots identify with one or the other when in reality both have plenty of value

NOOOO
NOW WE WILL NEVER GET EVAS

Be honest with me. As someone who doesn't like most anime, is eva worth watching?

yes,no,maybe,i dont know.

I identify with Driver. What does that make me?

It was made early on and it doesnt have that weird thing that most animes do where they lower the animation quality and have the character turn into characatures of themselves to push a joke or over reaction.

Its decent and keeps itself serious, if you are into a show about mechs and a type or realistic toll it might pay on the people that use them then yes (also last 2 episodes are kino, the movie is shit).

It's widely considered the best anime series ever made so you should decide for your self

Yes, it's a trip.

Yes. Watch End of Evangelion after the series, it's a very good film. The remake movies are kinda garbage compared to the original series, but also worth a try if you want more.

That didn't work though. It was an utter box office failure.

>widely
almost all normal people who are into anime don't know what NGE is :-)

That was Godannar the Movie, though.

The thing about the jaegers is they don't capture the primal rawness of the eva units (of course because the evas are actually organic creatures)

No, it was a "disappointing" box office return. It made enough to justify a sequel.

fuck no it wasn't.

PR and EVA both are takes on giant robot anime cliches, both handle it very differently.

Most anyone who is significantly interested in anime has seen or at the very least heard about it. It's one of the most popular shows ever made and likely the most acclaimed ever. Of course by your logic I guess Naruto and The Big Bang Theory must be considered the pinnacle of their art forms because more "normal people" watch it.

because the Angels are trying to actively get to a particular mcguffin under the city, the EVAs are an inconvenience to them, not the goal

I mean, I think it's pretty important we get live-action shinji x kaworu in my lifetime

yes, NGE is mostly watched by people who are depressed, lonely and fucked up, that's basically who the franchise is aimed towards (teenagers)

not mainstream enough for western studios perhaps
in Japan it's like Thunderbirds, Star Wars and Chris Nolan rolled into one franchise

yes
make sure you watch the "director's cut" version of episodes 21-24 and also watch the finale, End of Evangelion

autistic

Definitely
Eva transcends anime