How underrated is this movie? Or any other thoughts about it

How underrated is this movie? Or any other thoughts about it.

If murder is impossible in the future, hence why the loopers exist, how did they kill his wife?

Plotholes: the mvoie

Like most time travel movies, it falls apart if you think about it too much.

It's the only reason I'm remotely interested in the upcoming Star Wars movie

You barely have to think about it at all to realize shit dont make sense.

>murder is impossible in the future
when was that said?

Getting away with it is impossible. Thats the whole premise of the film. That they have to be sent back in time to be murdered

Looper isn't underrated at all, it's overrated. It's deeply mediocre at best and forgettable and shit for the most part, yet it has above average reviews.

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

>Getting away with it is impossible. Thats the whole premise of the film.

Yeah.

>be a looper
>know this above-mentioned fact about the current times I live in
>get tasked by my boss to apprehend a fellow looper to send back to the past
>mother fucking shoot and kill an unarmed woman in the process

Are loopers the most degenerate henchmen in all of future existence? Or is it just a shitty written film.

everybody here hates it

It's enjoyable. I just still don't understand why they added all this TK bullshit. It could've been a great thriller without all that nonsense.

The plot is incredibly stupid. Think about the earth's rotation around the sun and rotation around its axis. If you beam a body back in time it would be easiest to just beam it into a different position, how careful would you have to be to beam it into the exact same place in the solar system? Or why not just beam it forward, or pretty much any other better way to dispose of a body. And why would you ever have anyone kill themselves? Just have other loopers kill them. It makes no fucking sense.

Also the two actors look nothing alike and the prosthetics on Levitt make him look weird and not like Bruce Willis.

Kid should have died, it's the only logical ending to it.

I'd say it was probably overrated more than anything, but everyone forgot about it, so it's whatever now.

doing gods work

Maybe time travel takes momentum into account like when you throw a ball upwards in a car.

going by that logic, T2 is also ''stupid''

or maybe you could just use your imagination for like a tiny little bit and assume they also thought of that and added it to their timetravel math formula

>when you go back in time you also want to go back in relative spacial location
>"take momentum into account"
>go even further forward into spacial location

?

This shit isn't regular retarded, it's hyper retarded.

The scene where Old Dano gets slowly killed in a way he can't possibly do anything to stop it is the most terrifying death scene I've ever seen.

It's a convergence of multiple timelines. Rainmaker can't exist with the old guy going back time. Its like 12 monkeys but it isn't an endless spiral.

It also made no sense

Why would they? Just jettison the bodies into space.

time travel safetyguards, duh

How underrated is this movie? Or any other thoughts about it.

Everybody here hates everything

>Time travel in the future is so illegal, that when our employers want to close our contracts, they'll also want to erase any trace of their relationship with us ever existing
>Time travel in the future is so illegal
This is how stupid this movie is.

whats stupid about that exactly?

Great atmosphere and set-up, but not the best film overall. Still fun.

A hitman describing the legality of time travel as if it were that insignificant. It's fucking time travel, man. The power to travel through time is more powerful than any nuclear device.

The mafia have somehow managed to seize control of a device more powerful than a nuke and restrained themselves from their constant backstabbing and infighting to keep it a secret for years. I'll let that gestate for a moment.

I'd say it's perfectly rated, in that people don't talk about it much but when they do it's a solid 7/10

Yeah it's fundamentally ridiculous to think that they could secretly possess an illegal time travel devices but still not have the technology to destroy a body without a trace. They basically dispose of bodies in the least convenient imaginable way just because it makes the plot work.

What's nonsensical about it though? If you mean the way time paradoxes in Looper don't make sense then it's pointless to call it nonsensical, since the whole film is about a universe where paradoxes can happen and then get solved fine while still changing the future.

fucking hell its just a movie lighten up a little

He's also a feminist.

If they hadn't made me sit through that surgical limb cutting off while you're alive part I might be more inclined to think of it as a fun action movie but since the movie takes itself so seriously I insist that it try to make a lick of goddamn sense.

It's a stupid way to handle that sci-fi tool, that's obvious. In that regard Looper can be compared to Face/Off, both films have action/drama with a ridiculous scientific advancement being central to the plot, and neither of these films try to take themselves too seriously with it, though Looper is more serious with the characters.

Time travel in the future is so illegal opposed to the 80s and 90s when Deloreans and phone booths offered it with stock models.

didn't really enjoy it.

also the sound mixing was terrible. dialogue was very quiet with gunshots being unbelievably loud. annoying.

Yeah I noticed that too

I don't care if it's done on purpose or not to 'feel the shock of the gun' or something equally retarded, it's fucking annoying

>during the intro, JGL explains that for some reason SOME people are telekinetic
>Telekinesis never gets used for anything practical and the power gets dropped completely until the kid shows up

This movie was just filled with a bunch of bad shit.

>that forced out of nowhere romance between the overprotective mother and some random dude living in her shed

The more i remember the movie, the angrier i get.

It was ok.
They should have killed that fucking kid though.

In the future the power to completely alter the technological advancement of our species is so illegal they have you's whacked after you's done with yer jobs. No shit.