Hurddur lex Plan didnt make sense

>hurddur lex Plan didnt make sense

Why would it have to make sense to the viewer? No, really. Why would the plan of Lex make sense or be in need of making sense? Lex is introduced as much as a crazy guy as a genius.

One line of the fucking movie is: "(psychotic) That's a three-syllable word for any thought too big for little minds"

The movie is literally telling you that Lex is either a complete nutjob or someone so brilliant that his brilliance only seems like craziness to us. Not being able to understand his plan is part of that distance the film is putting between us and Lex. He is literally too smart to follow up, as seen by us completely crazy. His plan to make perfect sense would just ruin that distance and put him right near us.

I really hope no one is so retarded to believe that his plan "not making any sense to us" was not intentional.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/b357dSg2w9E?t=30s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

his plan generally made sense

People just say that because they want to bash a film they disliked and have to come up with "reasons" instead of just saying they didn't like it.

Even if it did, which it managed to make sense more or less as you said, there is no need for the plan to make sense after establishing that Lex was an evil savant.

This was an excellent Lex origin story. Starts off proto-Lex, fucks Batman and Superman's shit up, Creates a God monster, learns the knowledge of the cosmos, and finally jailed w head shaved and chip on his shoulder.

Now he's Lex Luthor.

I really liked Eisenlex a lot. Don't get the hate. His approach was very silver-age for me.

His motives for hating Superman weren't that hard to figure out. Daddy beat him, cried out to god to save him but no answer. Superman shows up and starts doing super stuff, this pisses Lex off as he projects his anger onto him, feeling abandoned as a child. "Where were you when daddy was abusing me?" is at the root of his pathological hatred.

It seems like Zack snyder has daddy issues, why else would he have these characters written this way?

>The devil gets, as usual, the most florid dialogue, and Jesse Eisenberg dispenses it with exuberant intelligence. He steals every scene. In a recent interview in Le Monde, Eisenberg discussed his approach to the role:

>"Luthor becomes a character from Greek tragedy. At least, that’s how I approached it, in accord with the screenwriter. He only talks about ideas, which makes him a profoundly theatrical character. I can also play on a paradox: rendering this individual funny although he behaves in an appalling way, also showing him prone to deep depressions because of his internal conflicts. I did everything I could to theatricalize him in the extreme. I had read lots of the adventures of Superman in comic books, but it was impossible to draw on them to find a way to play Luthor. Too schematic. Too much of a caricature. I reconfigured the character as if he became in fact the center of the film."

>Eisenberg’s gleeful and inventive performance suggests that he may be at his best in a tight framework that restrains his physicality and converges his acting to vocal inflections and turns of phrase, gestures and facial expressions.

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

>Starts as golden age Lex, red haired mad scientist, and ends as shaved modern Lex.

Fixed it for you. Another thing that "nu-geeks" never realized

Because it wasnt the suave bodybuilder billionaire from Superman TAS and JL cartoons.

The character was fine, it wasnt what people expected.

Also, I feel his theme and how it plays on important scenes was inspired by Barry Lyndon. The theme itself is also a distorted composition from Superman theme. Really powerful. One of the best OSTs in modern times, not just cape movies. Its Oscar worthy. Too bad the oscars fell for the BvS is shit, better nominate SS!

youtu.be/b357dSg2w9E?t=30s

Good point

Why?

Alright fuckers, I'm finally going to watch this movie right now. It better not be shit.

Ahahahaha, I typed this right after this dude is all "alright the boss wants us out of the building lets' go" while an alien death laser is destroying the city.

Have I been tricked?

Is he the fucking joker? Because you're describing the joker.

Make sure it's the extended or ultimate or whatever it's called not the theatrical/truncated version, which HBO is playing.

Keep browsing and posting as you "watch" so you can shitpost about how bad it was for months to come

correct me if im wrong but wasnt "a jar of grandmas piss" a plot device in this movie?

You think Lex asked an old lady to pee into a jar?

holy shit, he's CIA. it's fucking pottery

Not a plot device (you literally dont know what plot device means), but yes a jar of piss is featured in the movie.

>Why X character didnt chose the most logical action?
Because there would be no movie you fucking idiot!

Also
>judging a film for the plot only
Classic youtube reviewing style

/thread

You're the boss, boss! lmao

>Angels come from the ground
>Devils come from the sky

>Superman is in the ground at the end of the movie
>the parademons come from the sky

Lex has always evolved with the times. BvS Lex was Mark Zuckerberg merged with Eric Harris, a interesting villain for our times, and Eisenberg acted it perfectly.

>Snyder wrote BvS

Ow really?

Never noticed that, thanks. Even Lex Luthor, a disgusting psychopath, is worthy of Superman's grace.

POTTERY

Obviously Snyder didn't write the scripts himself, but I think he would have had some input on the direction and tone of it.

Think about it: MoS is about Clark being torn between two worlds, one represented by his earthly father Jonathan, the other being his "heavenly" father, Jor-El.

Bvs revolves around Clark, Bruce, and Lex and their relationships with their fathers. Clark is trying to do good while protecting those he loves, but he's also concerned that maybe the world doesn't have a place for him in it.

Bruce is terrified by a power far greater than him, he thinks that his life of fighting criminals is meaningless in the face of a world with beings like Superman. He projects his fears on Superman and resolves to destroy him.

Lex hates Superman because he is powerless in comparison to him. Superman is thought of as like a god, this infuriates Lex who wants to prove that Superman's benevolence is a lie. He hates God for letting him suffer at the hands of his father and projects this hate onto Superman.

It's not complicated, all of them are haunted by their parents' ghosts. Clark is afraid he can't live up to the future his father imagined for him, Bruce's parental trauma is well trod territory of course, and Lex can't stand to have anyone standing over him making him feel inferior like his father did.

There are a ton of themes in the movies. But most of it comes down to nature vs nurture. And the father figures fit in that too.

Regarding Lex, I enjoyed the new version of the character, enjoyed the performance but I would have preferred if they made Lex a bit more grayish instead of pure evil.

In the movie he is literally too evil. An autistic machine made just to bring calamity and horrors. In some sense, Doomsday is really his son. Doomsday got the powers of Clark and the will to fuck shit up directly from Lex. Doomsday is Lex psyche unleashed.

Regardless of the actual quality (Or sometimes lack thereof), Snyder's films tend to be highly thematic, so you can dissect them for hours and find different things to talk about. It's all subjective to opinion, really.

This movie sucked.