So atheists can't be good people?

so atheists can't be good people?

how can you be so fucking dense to get that out this movie?

I know this is bait, but what is the basis for atheist morality?

empathy?

Who else became Christian after watching this?

Nope ;)

Don't be stupid, of course they can, it's just harder

i thought this was the message of the whole thing

i did, habibi. hail jesus.

the basis of my own morality was my upbringing. learning the effect my actions had on others led me to develop a distaste for hurting people (physically or emotionally). god doesn't have to factor into it.

you can't deny it's a christian propaganda tho

>learning the effect my actions had on others led me to develop a distaste for hurting people
>implying the conception of this way of thinking isn't christian

How? Because the dude is christian?

McVeigh was Catholic though.

Kaczynski and him were more political.

Hurr durr it's a story about a good Christian who isn't a hypocrite Jew propaganda durrr

dude what's with his neck

>yes good goy, a positive display of any religion is nothing more than propaganda

are you kidding me? Have you even seen the movie?

It's not exclusively christian. There are other religions you know. But there's not much of a point in discussing religion and spirituality on Sup Forums

I don't remember them saying that being a christian was the best thing in the planet. also this movie is based in a real story where a chirstian moralfag really saved 75 guys and the rest were jerks to him because he would be useless during the battles.

Because fucking people over may appear to benefit you in the short-term but it almost always catches up to you in the long-term.

But the whole not killing thing is just childish

>"HUH DURRR IF YOU KILL PEOPLE WITH A GUN YOU ARE AN EVIL PERSON WHO DESERVES HELL BUT WHO CARES IF MY FELLOW COMRADES USE GUNS AND KILL PEOPLE JUST AS LONG AS I DON'T I WILL GO TO HEAVEN LMAO"

Its either the story of a guy who saves a bunch of people and just so happens to be Christian, or its the story of a guy who is so Christian that he saves a bunch of guys.

Any one of his squad mates could have done what he did and killed people, its not mutually exclusive

the movie didn't say that, he just didn't want to commit violence because he was traumatized from when he almost killed his brother as a kid

what is the force that causes your actions to catch up to you in the long-term?

>the movie didn't say that
It's a Christian movie so yes

>needing some book about some old man in the clouds who will punish you if you're not good to be a decent human being
or
>being a decent human being because you have compassion for others
Hmmmm.....

Why didn't they?

the police

or in the larger sense, you perpetuate a system where being a dick is the only option to succeed. Thing is that the more time the system moves towards "dog eat dog," the harder it gets to "turn the other cheek" so to say when you could have done the immoral thing.

>he wants to burn in hell
user if you do not live by the bible you are the most evil person in God's eyes!

>atheists think they're good people

lol nope.

Atheism itself is a sin.

McVeigh was agnostic.

If Jesus is real how did he allow such a dumb scene to be filmed based on such an obviously fabricated war story? This bullshit wouldn't even pass in your local VFW after everyone's had 10 beers.

It's also okay if someone used a gun to save him from getting killed by one of the japs. As long as he's not the one pulling the trigger, it's totally okay. Andrew Garfield is retarded.

Because self-sacrifice, though glorified, is a pretty retarded thing to do. You can't fight when you're dead

So you're under the impression that you're a decent human being, huh. Whatever gave you that idea?

>Daily reminder: God forgives murderers, rapists but if you ever blaspheme against the spirit (call the holy spirit say an abomination) you will NEVER EVER be forgiven and will be forever banished to Hell
Mark 3:29

>HURR DURR GOD LOVES ALL
No he doesn't

are bodies bulletproof?

>millennials will never understand what a real man is capable of

Is the story of a guy that is so chirstian that he decided to not kill and saves a bunch of guys
The movie never says something like "hey dood being chirstian gives you superpowers",

Its worse than that. He wrestled the Japanese soldier into a position that allowed his squamate to shoot him. If this were a civilian murder, and I held down a guy while you shot him, we'd both be charged with murder

What was Sean Bean doing in WW2?

>McVeigh was agnostic.

Agnostic what?

Agnosticism isn't a middle-man/mutually-exclusive.

Why don't idiots understand this still?

You don't understand what the unforgivable sin is.

>millennials will never understand how bulletproof flesh is

explains a lot

>You don't understand what the unforgivable sin is.
It literally is blaspheming the spirit you idiot

See this is why we have Bible debates, because Christians cannot read their own passages without twisting the meanings to suit them

Sorry did I hurt your precious little special snowflake feelings? I don't give a shit what particular brand of faggot you are.

>are bodies bulletproof?
Almost every single action movie has some guy grabbing another guy's body and using it as a shield so I assume so.

But then how the hell did the father in A Serbian Film at the end shoot himself, his son and wife with 1 handgun by aligning their bodies up as the bullet supposedly went through each one?

I wasn't talking about the body being bullet proof. I was pointing to the fact that a real man who fought in WWII would be capable of using a 100lb body as a shield while hip firing a BAR with decent accuracy. They just don't make em like they used to.

None of those examples are atheists.

>being ignorant of history, morals and philosophy

If a rifle bullet can pierce a cinderblock, then it can go through an entire human torso (unless its hollow point)

>It literally is blaspheming the spirit you idiot
Blaspheming the Holy Spirit in what way and in what circumstances? Or did Jesus offer that definition in a vacuum?

>See this is why we have Bible debates, because Christians cannot read their own passages without twisting the meanings to suit them
Exegesis makes you pretty butthurt, eh? I'm sure you know better than the Church Fathers and all the theologians and the ecumenical councils. You're such a clever boy, aren't you? You must be very proud of yourself.

I met an atheist once who followed natural law theory, interesting guy.

Shared humanity

According to this movie: No. It's literally a guy who saved people ONLY because he's a good Christian and because Christianity is good and the god told him and helped him.
>DUDE THE BIBLE LMAO
>DUDE LORD HELP ME GET ONE MORE LMAO

Looks like it's time to revive the fedora meme

>You don't need God to be a moral person.
Said the atheist as he parked his car between an abortion clinic and a gay bath house without a second thought.

>emotional and narrative climax is a drawn-out montage with no tension whatsoever
>have to listen to Andrew Garfield's retarded accent saying "Please just one moe' gawd, please lawd"

>an atheist followed a concept mostly developed by christian theologians
like clockwork

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

Of course. It's a fact.

You mean making up stuff about things that happened when you were in the service? Nah that's the oldest tradition the US military has.

This user is correct, I'm an atheist and I do this all the time.

Atheists throw out the baby and keep the bathwater.

That's what christianity did with judaism and greek philosophy. These things don't evolve in a vaccuum, christianity wasn't the start and it won't be the end either.

REMAKE WITH A MUSLIM DUDE WHEN?

Abortion is moral. Far more morally justified than forcing people into what will most likely be an awful existence, with fat, stupid, abusive, and/or poor parents, in a shit neighborhood all because some law makers can't understand that pro-birth isn't pro-life.

If you have a child and are:

1. Poor
2. Fat
3. Stupid
4. Emotionally unstable

Then you are an incredibly selfish piece of shit who most likely decided to "keep it" because you needed an emotional crutch.

It's literally slavery.

>Implying Lenin did anything wrong

Except that if you throw out the Baby Jesus you're ultimately left with nothing. If you don't think we've reached the endpoint of western civilization you're not paying attention. Nothing comes after this except replacement by a different civilization.

I rest my case.

Not to mention inheritable conditions, physical or mental. If I had a kid and he was unlucky enough to get my "propensity for depression" gene, I'd regret having him for life. Actively wanting to have a kid when you run the risk of the kid having a miserable life is honestly immoral to the highest degree

>but the kid might not get your depression genes

Yeah but he still has a depressed dad

We're getting replaced by machines in the next century user, wake up.

Life is awful, so we should extinguish it then huh?

Why not nuke the world. Less suffering if everyone is dead.

Atheist logic everyone.

Alright. So nobody should have children and we should let our species die.

Nice argument you got there.

>religious-fag logic

Stupid person. Parental license revoked.

Doing good because it's good, not just because you're afraid of punishment from the big man

Ad hominem.

Try again.

No we're currently being replaced by Arab civilization (such as it is). The process should be complete within a couple of decades. But at least we aborted a quarter of our own children, right? (Not even factoring in contraceptives!) Imagine how crowded the place would be if we hadn't. I'm sure all these upstanding young engineers and scientists will be designing the best robots soon.

Define good.

reductio ad absurdum
try again

Aesthetics

>his idea of "doing good because it's good" is posting on Sup Forums

Your 100% original ethical system (do not steal) is off to a tremendous start.

Most of those people are Muslim, yeah? Doesn't that mean it's in God's will? Like some divine pilgrimage?

I mean technically Christians and Muslims share the same God.

Not quite the case. Your argument is ridiculous. Nobody in the world will make a good parent. This Be The Verse by Philip Larkin is a perfect example of this.

It doesn't matter though. What matters is that though all the mistakes and hardships love is perpetuated.

Your argument is foolish and you know it.

the only decent response

Hero complex

Men are mightier then gods

>love makes life worth living!!!

That's wrong.

Got the webm of the screaming dude?

not an argument

Mutual-egoism, i.e. the basis of nearly all morality.

You've heard of the Golden Rule, right? That's an example of it.

>though all the mistakes and hardships love is perpetuated.

This doesnt stop people from wanting to kill themselves because their parents were awful at raising them. Besides, the original comment was saying that people with serious inheritable conditions, which is like 5% of the population. You literally took the argument, made it sound absurd, then said "Why would anyone think this?"

The Golden Rule is based on Christian morality.

Muslims worship Satan. Historically, God has used Arabs to collectively punish Christians when we've grown decadent. Basically, when a Christian society goes apostate, God hands it over to the infidels to be consumed. Isn't it kind of funny that right when everyone turns their backs on Christ, a bunch of heathens happen to just swoop in and rape and murder everyone? Must be a coincidence.

Nah, it's just that shitty people need the incentive of heaven/hell to be good people.

as well as ignorant of christianity. In many strands of christian salvation is predicated on an individual's acceptance of christ rather than their behavior.

There's no such thing as an atheist

As opposed to people who reject belief in heaven and hell who just remain shitty people.

>This doesnt stop people from wanting to kill themselves because their parents were awful at raising them.
Good people can raise children poorly. Bad people can raise children well. This is not an argument. If anything it's a bunch of nihilistic nonsense.

> Besides, the original comment was saying that people with serious inheritable conditions, which is like 5% of the population.
And these people deserve to be discarded like trash? Atheist "morals" everyone.

>You literally took the argument, made it sound absurd, then said "Why would anyone think this?"
You don't have an argument.

empathy