Sovereign nation of Apple

Apple corporation is valued at close to one trillion dollars. I'll repeat that - one TRILLION dollars. That's comparable to the economy of substantial countries like Mexico and Indonesia. Only fifteen countries have economies over $1 trillion.

So, what would the effects be if Apple bought an island somewhere and declared itself a soverign nation? Issued its own currency with Steve Jobs' head on it, formed a government, hired mercs as armed forces etc. It would pay no taxes in the US or anywhere else so would the US government force it to remain at gunpoint?

>short scale
>>>out

That's a lot of hipsters and japs with apple proucts.

I'm not a hipster

If you unironically make a choice to buy Apple in le current year you are either a hipster or a wannabe hipster

Apple products existed before hipsers were a thing

Nah lad it was a family gift
I love the machine but its not my main computer

I can dig that

Yes, they did, I used to have a G4 back when there was an actual reason to use a mac and I must've burned my way trough half a dozen ipods, again, back when there was a reason to use those.

I still have a Power Mac G3 somewhere, back then when Apple believe in upgrading their products on the line

If you want to get technical tho the term hipster was coined in the 1950's, hippie comes from that, so it does technically pre-date Apple

T. Android using fedoralord

Nobody would recognize them as a sovereign nation and most likely every industrialization nation would seize whatever assets are left in their countries and ban the sale of their products. Also why the fuck would they do that?

Excuse me if I don't enjoy my phone crashing every 12.5 minutes

this for god sake

This

The last time a corporation tried to do something like that it got seized by the British Empire

This

>Comparing 'stock' and 'flow'
>retard

With platform capitalism, we're moving into a corporate dystopia where a few big tech companies form an oligopoly which owns the essential digital infrastructure on which the increasingly large portion of global economy depends.

Facebook, Google, Apple, Amazon and Microsoft have to be expropriated and broken up if we want democracy to survive.

why the fuck would they need that? it'd just eat into their profits and provide little to no benefit, plus piss off their american consumer base who'd see it as unpatriotic

I'm talking about bourgeois democracy, of course.

>Retards think GDP is comparable to a company's market cap.

GDP is a (very bad) measure of how much money a country produces IN ONE YEAR.

Market capitalization is (another bad indicator) of how much money would make all available shares times the last share price.

Not comparable at all.

Slavoj is that you!?! You post on Sup Forums?

They're not comparable, but you're economically retarded to say they're bad indicators. They are incredibly useful.