The Green Room
It Follows
The Blair Witch Project
The Shining
The Silence of the Lambs
28 Days Later
Alien
The Babadook

Iv'e head good things about Don't Breath and The Neon Demon, are they worth a watch?

Cannibal Ferox
cannibal holocaust
The thing
Alien
Aliens
The Silence of the Lambs
meat grinder
Ju on
Ringu
Grotesque
Martyrs
Irreversible
Haute tension
Rec
Salo
Mum & dad
The exorcist
A Serbian film
Eden Lake
Cold Fish
Shutter
A Tale of Two Sisters

August underground mordum

>The Green Room
>Don't Breath
These are pretty good, but arent they just thrillers?

Most horrors have elements of thrillers and most thrillers have elements of horror. The question really is where to draw the line. I think any film that has a sense of real mortal dread can be classified as a horror, what do you think?

By that definition i would say Dont Breathe is more of a horror film than Green Room, wouldnt want to be in the same house with the blind dude. Green Rooms nazis just seemed like normal criminals.

So I dont visit horror threads too often but

Bride Corpse
Frankenweenie
Sweeney Todd
Beetlejuice
Sleepy Hollow
Sixth Sense
Ghost
Poltergeist
Wolfman
Ghost and Darkness
A Werewolf in London
Mr. Arashi's Amazing Freak Show
The Fly

THE BLOB with Kevin Dillon is fuckin based.

Have to agree with you on this one, in the green room you have a feeling from the get go that people will survive the events of the film (even with all its twists), having only seen the trailers of Don't breath I have to say I'm not so sure and it seems to have more of a sense of danger. Having said that the nazis from Green Room did thier fair share of fucking people up, however its more upfront about it instead of building up to it. maybe its the way death or danger is portrayed that makes it a horror or thriller?

I see you are a fan of gore

>gore
Not just gore...
Good gore.

>maybe its the way death or danger is portrayed that makes it a horror or thriller?
I think when the threat branches to more unnatural or unexpected levels, it becomes more of a horror film. A blind superman is more out of this world, than a bunch of nazis.

spooky picture

By this definition are most slashers just thrillers?

Audition
R-point
Ichi the Killer
The Skin I Live In
Time crimes
Frontier
Eden log
Inside
Pandorum

He seems pretty comfy to me

>from the 1980s and onward
>none of the best '80s movies
That's kind of sad, OP.

What are your favorite films from the 80s user? Sorry for not listing more, I find it increasingly hard to come back to older films other than the ones listed, I think its probably down to over watching them.

>Bride Corpse
>A Werewolf in London

Your whole list is fucking reddit horror

Just because something is liked on what is commonly considered the opposing platform doesn't mean its bad. I will admit that my list is primarily composed of well recognized films both by individual and by the industry, but I cant help but enjoy them. What about your own list, which horror films do you enjoy?

not him but off the top of my head:
american werewolf in london
nightmare 1,3,4,7
friday1,4,6,7
halloween1,2,3
evil dead1,2+army of darkness
the thing
alien1,2
the shinning
pet sematary
pumpkinhead

Get off Sup Forums in the uni library m8

How else am I meant to procrastinate while writing my dissertation?

To be honest these are just popular products of their time much like my list, which doesn't dampen how good they are, these films definitely hold a place in the horror hall of fame.