I don't get what's so important about nutka...

I don't get what's so important about nutka. Why not just build another trading post right next door to it in the land you do own

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=_4HD1HgfKB4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Retard

Whoever owns Nutka owns Vancouver owns the most convenient port to China owns the ability to get a tea trading monopoly in exchange for giving the land to either the US or Britain before the peace deal is signed. Nutka = all the tea in China. Also muh sister voodoo etcetera

For the same reason that 99,99% pure meth is so much better than 98% meth in breaking bad: it's a story device.

mhm

Hmm

mmhmm

*Angry walking music*

when you control the trade route you control the world you idiot

all the other trade routes had pirates since they were not patrolled by Americans or European vessels.

mhmm nootka

mmhmm

take off your dress

mhmm idiot

why do you think such a mmhmm small country such has Portugal achieved so much power and influence in their time ? you control the trade routes, you control the world. mmhhhmmm

Controls Vancouver island, so due to the geography of that part of North America it allso means they can control sea access to Vancouver city and Seattle in a similar manner to how ownership of Gibraltar and Ceuta controls access to the Mediterranean

How can he be attracted to THIS

30 hit her like a brick.

TAKE OFF THIS FUCKING DRESS

*hallucinates about mummy trying to kill him while he's fucking his sister*

i've always had a thing for her

there is something about her

I love her collarbones

Jessie is prettier.

i wouldn't say prettier, but definitely more attractive in this role

t. pleb and wrong

Nootka sound has an inlet where you can build a port and have it protected from pirates.

DUDE BLACK POWDER JOKES LMAO

Where was you when taboo turned meme

KANGZ

because they didn't yet know about all the gold in California.

>muh pelts. `

>mfw this show is basically a lead up to Muh Pelts

Well I think she's hot.

N SHIET

Lorna is still cuter.

Because it allowed Vancouver Island to be controlled. Which controlled the river estuary. Which controlled the easiest way to trade inland (going up river is better than landing then going in land on road). Which allowed you easy access to both Canada and United States of America (when they got there enmasse of course).

Controlling it meant you could tax and control trade from China and India. Canton (Guangzhao) was the only port in China open to foreigners. So, obviously, controlling the nearest port to it would, essentially, give you control of all the tea in China. At least in terms of trade with the USA and Canada.

Having that kind of power would make you basically untouchable. In terms for the British Crown, they wanted the Island so they had the power. The EIC wanted the Island so they had the power (and would essentially be unstoppable). The Septics wanted the Island so they had the power.

In reality the land went to the British Crown in like 1840 but the this is alt history.

>t. manlet
you are wrong my man

DAILY REMINDER THAT DELANEY WAS ONE OF THE CREW MEMBERS ON THE SHIP THAT SUNK WITH THE SLAVES.

>tfw cockblocked by ghosts

That shit sucks

this
m.youtube.com/watch?v=_4HD1HgfKB4

HE WAS THE CAPTAIN

This but with incest

She's fucking hot.

btw I'm a girl

I was thinking the same thing from the start but she's grown on me, also the exorcism episode made me Randy like a Dandy.

A girl?! Have you kissed other girls.

eww no that'd be gay silly.