Is it true that most Americans don't learn philosophy at school?

Is it true that most Americans don't learn philosophy at school?

I don't think they learn anything at school.

We learn common core.

this

But we don't learn philosophy either...

there was a silly math course that literally teach math in a wrong way what was its name?

They learn how to play video games and watch dumb tv shows.

t. βλαχος

It was teaching math the "right" way actually, but you can't just tell random teachers to do it.

We also don't learn geography

t. τιρανέζος

no way

i had that subject in high school and it was fucking bullshit, everything comes down to people's own opinion.
>teacher tells you to write something about x using your own arguments
>teacher doesn't agree because people are different
>get shit grade

I learned it in 4th grade.

τ. ερντιν χοτζαι

aaahh now I remember
They were teaching philosophy to those who picked the humanities "direction".

>studying humanities
kek

it changed since 2010 I think, it's mandatory for like 1 or 2 years in high school

100% accurate

rather learn nothing than how to properly use zhe and xhe and so on

>greeks learn philosophy in school

I can picture all the WEWUZZERY already

Your teacher was either a shithead, or you reached a completely wrong conclusion. Because while it is possible to believe in different things than others in philosophy, you can't go against something that is fundamentally wrong for the sake of opinion. "Opinions" are generally frowned upon in philosophy.

This doesn't look like philosophy class.

What the fuck. Can't black people behave?

>bothering with silly subjective wankery
>not studying superior objective fields that actually matter
>being such a pleb

burgerland would be replaced by china overnight and the world would'nt miss out on much

imagine that

We don't learn philosophy either.

As far as I know, there's only philosophy courses in College.

Education system here isn't terrible, but its still pretty fucked in some areas. Personally never understand why some teachers care more about grades than they do about their students genuinely understand the concepts being taught to them.

Previous grades that build up towards the mastery of something, such as homework or practice work, shouldn't bite you in the ass. Point is that you learned something, not that you struggled on your way there.

this is what americans learn at school

Niggers act the exact same wherever in the world they are, no matter what culture. They're the biggest argument in favour of nature vs nurture.

They should teach formal logic in elementary school.

Why are the Alt-Right obsessed with Greeks from 2000 years ago?

No they aren't

Nice neckbeard

>not being obsessed with the precursors of the western civilization

AYO TEACHER HOL UP

In USA, Nigeria or Sweden, they're all lazy and stupid except when it comes to dancing where they chimp out completely. Dancing is the only activity they get other than commiting crime.

this

True, studying philosophy in school isn't that important unless you intend to continue in that field. It doesn't matter here though, because OP is trying to start a discussion about the American education system in general.

>塗山

wwww

Because of extreme We Wuzzery and identity crisis from American larpers

Here we have one mandatory year of philosophy in the last grade.
It's a mixed bag because an awful lot of people think "Le philosophy is so complicated xD" and official programs require to learn the very strict and very formal methodology, which drives a lot of people away

But on the flip side, the philosophy we learn is usually pretty advanced and goes a long way if you're interested in it.

because the alt right is 80% american retards

Don't try to tell me about this country, and stop using these baseless arguments

I really hate neets

*receives EU handouts*
SO YOU BE SAYING

>I really hate neets

Says he while being on Sup Forums at 2 - 5 am.

I dont get it

Those are RNH, he would not be a real nigga if he didn't post during these designated hours.

I dont get it

Philosophy shouldn't be taught in grade school nor should it be taught in any publicly funded university. A complete waste of fucking time and tax dollars. If you want to learn philosophy go to the library and read about it on your own time.

its 2-5am in the US right now

Yeah we do, you learn it in middle school. It's just people are fucking dumb and they forget or don't pay attention.