Why are Burgers so offended by this? almost all of the people I saw claiming it's anti-Church were American...

why are Burgers so offended by this? almost all of the people I saw claiming it's anti-Church were American, and Europeans Catholics mostly liked it. what is Americans problem?

Americucks have shit taste in everything.

americans hate what they dont understand

most americans don't give a shit about the catholic church. sure these weren't latin americans?

From what I've heard, most Americans just watch the trailer and assume it's House of Cards in the Vatican.

American catholics are surrounded by Christians and as such are more defensive and easly offended.

I'm European and I just thought it was a shitty show my religion didn't come into my opinion at all.

>are surrounded by Christians
hippie-new-age moron hesus baptism is not christianity KEK

>Christians
the correct term is heretics here

yes, the trailer was very misleading, i probably wouldnt have watched the series if i saw it. well i would have because of sorrentino seal of quality, but still, what an awfull trailer

>American catholics are surrounded by Christians
>Christians

KEEEK

>Europeans Catholics

>Europeans Catholics

I thought that violated Sharia law

Actually, that's exactly what I think it is (only saw the trailer), am I wrong?

What? Who's offended by this?

>non-Catholic Europeans

Burger here
Virtually all Catholics in the US are Mexican or South American. These are the people who believe Mary appears to them on slices of toast. You cannot honestly believe they'd like this show.

It actually ignited my interest in Catholicism. All of my grandparents were born Catholic, but I've never been to mass and was not raised the in the Faith.
Perhaps I should go.

This seemed to be the biggest thing to me.
People saw the hype and the first episode, and thought it was going to be a boring evil-protagonist show, but they threw their fedoras down in disgust and REEEEEE'd the fuck out of giving the show a fair hearing because it was slow, symbolism-filled, and ruminescent, treating the main character as conflict-filled, and not drawing the majority of the show's appeal simply from protagonist versus antagonist drama.

>where are the good guys and the bad guys
>wait, this guy isn't a cynical asshole? I can't wait to see him get his comeuppance!
>wait, he's succeeding!?
>fucking christfags REEEEE

Americans are retarded.
This has been known for a long time op.

Not entirely. There's still some holdouts in the old fashioned Slavic and Italian families along the rust belt.

yes, very. it's a surrealist show about crisis of faith. although there are politics in the show, there is much less scheming than in HoC.

ITT: shows amerigoys will never understand

same here, I started wearing my cross after I saw it and I havent had any contact with church since I was a teenager

Christs mother was just the oven for gods child. She's not an important figure. You don't praise tools, you praise the person that used the tool and the finished product.

>Protestant filth actually believe this

She showed up at the Passion which is more than what 11/12 apostles could say for themselves.

>almost all of the people I saw claiming it's anti-Church were American

The vast majority of Americans don't give a shit about the Catholic Church. Why do you think we keep making movies and tv shows about pedophile priests?

>Virtually all Catholics in the US are Mexican or South American.

There are about 35 million Mexicans in the US, out of 54 million latinos total (although that includes half-Mexicans like Tony Romo and half-Cubans like Ted Cruz). There are about 72 million Americans who identify as Catholic. So really, Mexicans make up at most less than half of American Catholics. They're mostly Irish and Italians.

since she was a mother of God, theologians came to a conclusion that she also had to be born without original sin since human born with original sin could not have been worthy of being a mother of Messiah. that alone makes her extraordinary. the most extraordinary human being save for Jesus himself in fact. and how could you that she is not an important figure when she was literaly the mother of Jesus Christ.

Important, but not some extraordinary human being. All she did was pop out the kid. There are plenty of biblical figures more impressive: Noah, Moses, David...

>god randomly chooses a virgin uterus to birth his son
>"SHE'S SO IMPORTANT YOU GUYS I SWEAR!"

Protestcucks are probably triggered that it wasn't whore of Babylon: the show.

She was the only one that loved him even when no one else did during the crucification proccess. That's kinda the point also, she was just a regular girl and she is more important than pompous jewisk kings because she was a good person through and through.

American evangelical Christian here, I think it's a great show. If anything it's strengthened my faith by questioning it.

>Important, but not some extraordinary human being
born without an original sin=extraordinary. and God plan literaly only was possible because she gave birth to a Messiah. without Messiahs mother there would be no Messiah.
> All she did was pop out the kid.
yeah, and all Jesus did was dying nailed to a stick if we're at retarded simplifications
>There are plenty of biblical figures more impressive: Noah, Moses, David...
great Biblical figures. small steps in Gods plan that eventually allowed for Messiah to come. but the last part of this plan was Mary, without her there would be no Messiah. God himself chose her for this role, it wasn't just some random woman

>God creates a woman without an original sin and chooses to be born as a human through her womb
> randomly choosen virgin uterus
wrong