What are your expectations for Season 5? Are you as hype as I am. Are you rewatching the previous seasons?

What are your expectations for Season 5? Are you as hype as I am. Are you rewatching the previous seasons?

>What are your expectations for Season 5?

Some fucking continuity I guess, Samurai Jack's biggest flaw is that it was just all over the place except for a few scant episodes.

Punished Jack

This show really doesn't deserve the attention its getting. I liked it just as most people did, but even at best all the new season is going to be is another western action cartoon that is outclassed by any decent anime.

anime is total trash for losers

>outclassed by chinese cartoons

lol

Then you must not like Samurai Jack very much considering it's directly inspired by anime

Not really.
>made by talented people
>no shitty humour

xD

I'm pretty sure that it was inspired by Russian cartoons considering that the creator himself is Russian.

Nice bait.

wtf I remember watching this show when I was 8 or 9, how is it still getting made?

>>>/reddit/

It's inspired by a lot of things. Jack is a conglomeration of Western and Japanese storytelling, mythological and historical, fantastical and futuristic, light-hearted and serious. Its cinematography and sound effects are better than any other cartoon, hands down. Better than most anime, if not all. It's a show that can be appreciated at any age: as a kid, you'd probably revel in the action, the humor, the witticisms, and as an adult, you'd admire the sheer artistry of everything, the loving hand that designed every frame, every sound, every movement to be as pleasant as possible.

It is, dare I say, the crowning jewel of animationkino.

it got a 13 year break

Lol no, Russian cartoons always had, like, zero action in them. There are some good ones, but most of them are just decent or nothing special.

It's really not that good. The only people who like it that much are Sup Forums drones like OP who get triggered when you say a single bad thing about it.

WHADDYA THINK OF THAT?

MR. BANEPOSTIN'...

>wtf I remember watching this show when I was 8 or 9, how is it still getting made?

Everybody asks the same thing about the Simpsons.

FLIGHT PLAN MAKIN'

DUBS GETTIN

I'm expecting an ending. That's all I want. And I want that ending to be a happy one.

I still remember the disappointment I felt as a kid when I saw that final episode.

I also hope he wrecks the shit out of those 7 aku sneks.

>A shameless cash grab by adult swim by milking it's fully grown millennial audience

It'll be an underwhelming attempt at trying to recapture the original series lightning in a bottle

I'll still watch this garbage anyway

>It'll be an underwhelming attempt at trying to recapture the original series lightning in a bottle
They wouldn't have brought the majority of the original team back for that.

I really liked the end of the original show. It just ended. I always liked to imagine that jack is still doing crazy shit while living in limbo knowing he can't come back.

At least this will play on toonami

Your just mad that it's gonna be good. If you think it's garbage you should just watch you're favourite show instead

I really fucking HATE this flat construction paper look that these Genndy-Tarkovsky reboots are getting. It looks so fucking terrible.

Its going to suck because of Cartoon Network's track record of bringing back old shows.

I appreciate your opinion, but you really don't know what you're talking about. I'd invite you to name a better cartoon or anime, but you'd probably get yourself laughed out of the thread. Still, you're welcome to try.

Good thing this is airing on Adult Swim then. And that they got everyone from the original team back.

>I really fucking HATE this flat construction paper look that these Genndy-Tarkovsky reboots are getting. It looks so fucking terrible.
>I hate how it originally looked

Seriously?

nobody cares you retarded fanboy

The action will be alright, and with any luck there'll be a decent narrative to go with it
Most people seem to remember the few seconds per episode where Jack cuts something with his sword and forget everything else, so this might make people question how much they actually like Samurai Jack

except adult swim is bringing it back, not CN

>adult swim
>cartoon network
>not the same exact thing

Is samurai jack a meme now ?
Why are redditors so excited about this ?

nobody cares you retarded hater

But that doesn't look like construction paper at all.

People obviously care about it, or it would not be made after a decade.

That was more CN's doing than Genndy's as he said in that behind the scenes thing from 8 months ago, it was about airing re runs. 5 all follow each other

Why would I be mad that they're finally concluding the series? I'm just going in with low expectations so I don't get disappointed like I did with Dragon Ball Super, which took 80 episodes for it to get gud

you might have had a point 20 years ago

Adult Swim is just a block of time of Cartoon Network.

see is from the original show, so what I'm saying is you don't know what you're talking about period.

they aren't though

See:

Yes they are.
They are the same company, they share the same channel.

No, what I don't care about is having a discussion with retards who think this is the greatest show ever. The fanboys have the autism of your average of Rick and Morty fan. It's like hearing retards talk about Teen Titans.

so you cant?

what don't you like about Teen Titans? it was good

I just hope it's good. I've watched the trailer a bunch of times, really love the newer animation.

I also really love the way the "OUR DESTINY IS YOUR DEATH" line is delivered. Something about sounds wrong but...I like it.

you come under the false premise that we think its flawles, why do you seek conflict like this?

I think it will be reddit, like the original.

and I thought Williams Street was its own thing. Fair enough

>"The first four seasons we weren't allowed to do episodic stories," Tartakovsky explains. "Back then no one was doing episodic storytelling. You couldn't have a lot of change in Jack, because if they wanted to run episodes out of order, all of a sudden he's one way here and another way there. So we had to keep him as a stoic samurai unfazed by anything."

God fucking dammit

>CN and [as] arent the same thing
>they're two programing blocks on literally the same channel

yeah definitely not related at all

will it be a single season?

Williams street was created by the head programmer of Cartoon Network. Adult swim is literally just cartoon network.

>"It opened us up to violence, but that wasn't interesting to us. It really opened us up to storytelling opportunities. There is a death at one point, where Jack realizes that he's killed his first human. And that's an important thing early on. By episode five, I think people will see what we're doing with the story this season — and it is a full, single arc that tells a story — I think people will be surprised. It's not something anyone has ever tried to do in animation before."

>So Genndy Tartakovsky is done now, and so is Jack. This journey is complete and there's only one final step.

>"I want to see people's reactions," he says. “There's so many great episodes, and some nostalgia, but people will be saying ‘holy shit’ and looking forward to the following week ... then they get to watch the entire thing as one movie."

i started rewatching finishing season 2 rn

one season, 10 episodes.

Yes both are good, not great shows. They are at the top of their class as far as western shows go. But if you are going to argue that they somehow outclass the best of japanese animation I'm going to call you a retard because I genuinely think you are one.

i think that depends a lot on the succes of season 5, who knows if it gains a lot of new fans they might continue afterwards

>There is a death at one point, where Jack realizes that he's killed his first human.

Aww, that means these guys just got "flesh wounds".

desu that's part of what made it good.

Young Justice is better

well the claim that any "decent" anime is better than it its pretty stupid too, so there you have it

>the best of japanese animation

I have to ask what you consider the best of Japanese animation.

>chinese cartoons are inherantly superior to western cartoons

kill yourself

And that's coming back too.

No, it really wasn't.

theres a very tiny text in the left corner that says they are robots and samurai jack team does not encourage the violence

So much Leone. I'm of course referring to the 18 minute build up to that moment.

>no shitty humor
have you forgotten the episode where jack saves a town from a dragon's farts?

>But if you are going to argue that they somehow outclass the best of japanese animation I'm going to call you a retard because I genuinely think you are one.
>the best of japanese animation
>mfw

You cant really compare a child cartoon to a grim, 2deep4you anime with high budget. Give me an anime for younger kids that is better than Samurai Jack.

Bleach

>Give me an anime for younger kids that is better than Samurai Jack

Detective Conan.

Well by "decent" I meant any quality show worth watching

No, not "inherently". They are in general superior in quality because its taken far more seriously.

These look pretty good I think

>Give me an anime for younger kids that is better than Samurai Jack.

I never said "for young kids". I agree it isn't fair though. The fact that so many people got triggered is fucking hilarious though.

>Evangelion

Opinion immediately discarded.

the first arc on Earth was great but it really goes to shit once they go to the other world

I didn't even know there was more than 1 season. Been watching them the last couple days

Hiroshima and Nagasaki was not enough

>America
>Three distinct artstyles and tones
>Japan
>Same "realistic" artstyle, could all be the same show for all anyone knows

All three examples on the right are feature films.

>comparing movies with big budgets to cartoons for television

nice bait

>NGE
top kek

>on the left
>animation for kids and pre-teens and generally a younger audience
>on the left
>animation for faggoty American "young adult" emos who hate everything about America and dream about having racial reassignment surgery to become weebs

disgusting

2009 ended and with it golden era of chinese cartoons as we knew it, faggot.

And one of the left examples is a film. Do movies not count as Japanese animation? Are you really going to pretend like there aren't more examples? Go look at Kabaneri's animation. Go look at Champloo's animation. There are countless examples my man. Anyone who thinks western animation is just as good is a literal retard.

Give me three examples of western films with animation on par to the right. I'll wait.

This is a b8 pic, but Detective Conan is legit better than everything on the left.

Never seen the show before, i'm currently watching the first episode.
So explain to me why no one bothered to keep an eye out for Aku?
They know where the Aku tree is, so why not maybe get someone to watch it for any signs of him reawakening?

2D or 3D because I think we know who fucks up who in terms of 3D animation.

Are you really going to pretend that the budget for a motion picture is in anyway comparable to that of a cartoon?

Season Three, Episodes 11 and 12

2D

3D gaijin animation would destroy the nips

Maybe read my post. I just gave you two more examples of shows and one of the left is a western film. The reason you can't give any examples the match the right is because there are none.

Man gravity falls was so fucking good that even tumblr couldnt ruin it for me.

thanks fám