Why did Americans help Germany, Italy and Austria, ie the enemies, Spain got nothing?

Why did Americans help Germany, Italy and Austria, ie the enemies, Spain got nothing?

Germans wanted the war, they lost, you shouldn't have helped them.

you only invest in something profitable.

Spain wasn't really damaged by the war (they're to "blame" for their own civil war).
The real question is why 347 million for Sweden. Are we the (((them))) of countries?

The United States gave billions of dollars to Spain. However, we did it under a 1950s agreement. So it wasn't part of the Marshall Plan.

stop gommunism spreading
Just imagine if they didn't
>be euro
>country is bombed to shit by the germans and allies
>supposed good guys leave, your country is still a bombed shithole thanks to their bombings of invasions against the Eternal Kraut
>still expect you to be on their side against the Soviets
Communism would look a lot more appealing than the ideology/economic system of the two country's who are apparently your friends but have treated you like complete shit
This very thing nearly happened in Italy post WW2, their communist part gained a scary amount of power

>profit from the war
>still get gibs

The real help given to Germany wasn't in the Marshall Plan, it was in the 1953 debt relief treaty.

US invested in Western Europe to bould a strong oposition to USRR. No one in US loved Germany after the war. It was a strategic move in line with Washington's interest. Sometimes deals can be good for both sides.

Tyst, du läcker våran hemlighet.

guess why those countries have a lot of favourable view towards USA

Americans are too good.

Spain "didn't" participate in WW2, and the U.S.A didn't really like the idea of Franco being in power, however they tolerated it without trusting him too much, there were spies making sure Franco didn't go full N.Korea and started developing nuclear weapons

Why didn't Spain develop a nuclear program?

Because Spanish military history stopped after the Civil War, we aren't savages anymore.

Dunno but maybe it has something to do with Spain beeing a facist state?

We gave money to Spain, just not under the Marshall Plan

also
>wanting agricultural shitholes as allies against the Soviets

They did because in the first decades of Franco's regime, the Spanish market was closed, so America pressed the government to open it if they wanted their help

meanwhile
>no marshal aid
>300 mil reparations to SU

Actually there was a developing plan for nukes in late 60's and early 70's. When Franco died, the parliament took it down.

Our politics are a big meme since then

Germans are the biggest americanophobic people in Western Europe.

Because there is a economic cold war going on between USA and Germany/EU

Surprised they gave money to Salazar, I guess they just decided to dislike him in the 60's

Retard

Not looking good for you guys, kek.

America gib moar moneh pleez

I think you gonna lose, thanks to Trumps wise leadership

Because Spain wasn't a barren incompetent leaderless shithole after the war. Take it as a compliment.

Spain wasn't exactly an ally, user.

Moron

I even can sing the hymn.
> oh say can you see,
> how much i like to get shot

Spain did entertain the thought of producing nuclear weapons in the 70s, and it is even suspected that the Spanish government had discussions with South Africa, Mexico and Argentina who were considering refining their uranium into weapons grade material at the time for cooperation. All parties came to the realization that it wasn't worth the effort.

>turkey
>portugal
>sweden
>switzerland
>ireland
why did the yanks give neutrals gibs?

They offered to aid to the Soviet Union too, but they rejected, commie pride and all.

>recieve more aid than anyone else
>gets overtaken by both France and Germany
why is the UK such a failure?

Exactly, we aren't savages.

This is a good question, anyone? Was it just an investment?

Mexico and Argentina did actually go ahead with refining their uranium though. You bred savage children. Argentina gave theirs to Brazil and I believe Mexico said they would give theirs to us but never did. Nukes are a throwback to a bygone era at this point though. The next world war will be fought with chemical and biological warfare to preserve tangible assets.

sweden is a long time friend of the us. in fact, we were among the first to recognise them as a sovereign state.

More of a bribe desu

this is the strewth (Translator's note: keikaku means "truth")

Stop them flipping over to communism

no, not when you pay attention to what we did to South America during the Cold War.
Europe got the attention of our optimists in government, and South America got the attention of our pessimists (primarily the CIA)

But then decided to support the commies in the colonial war, dumb fucks

Also Nice digits

There was actually a very simple reason, the US wanted to halt the influence of the CCCP, and we were quite far to the left. They bought influence with us and it actually was quite a big deal for our economy, even though we had our entire industrial base safe and secure after the war.

Holden Roberto's UPA/FNLA was USA aligned for example. Please, read more.

They still were on the same side as the russians in the ultramar war

across our entire history, the USA has been more consistently anti-colonial than anti-communist actually. our one flop with colonialism was the Philippines, which we let go after 30 years after flailing around like retards

Russia was actually a very close ally of ours from 1917 to 1945, despite being communist.

Switzerland? Communism? Seriously?

Maybe we should call it "securing the interests of the United States". This make sense.

Meanies

>They still were on the same side as the russians in the ultramar war

Why don't Portuguese read and think it is so linear? There are times in Angola where the actions of Forças Armadas Portuguesas were synergetic to expell other contrary liberation movements. Where do you get your meme education from?

Why did we give money to the swiss and turks wtf

BTW. Was there at least one country in Europe that chose communism out of its own free will?

>were synergetic with some liberation movements

>Switzerland? Communism? Seriously?
Switzerland's role in the European economy were financial markets tied to major export countries, specifically Germany. Ergo Germany's manufacturing destruction directly affected Swiss life, even though Switzerland itself wasn't bombed to shit.

It's sort of the relationship the US housing market had on the rest of the world in 2008. Bubble burst, countries like Greece started slipping mighty hard

France may have, because French academics were suicidal. Who knows how that would have gone

I don't think there's any country that embraced communism without war? not without being a soviet puppet?

>levam a UNITA a alterar a sua estratégia e entrar em conversações com as autoridades portuguesas. Savimbi entra em acordo com madeireiros portugueses - "Operação Madeira" -[170] e com a Zâmbia. Assim, consegue maior margem de manobra na sua zona de actuação e limita a sua actividade sobre o caminho de ferro de Benguela.[171]

A "Operação Madeira", iniciada em 1971, permitia "liberdade pessoal e a integridade física" a Savimbi, e é bem vista pelo Governo central que, assim, ganhava mais uma força contra os outros dois movimentos.

De acordo com informações militares dos portugueses, a UNITA estava a perder terreno no Leste para o MPLA e, em 1969, cerca de 145 guerrilheiros decidem sair desta organização e voltar para a FNLA.

Plus Russia never supported UPA/FNLA or UNITA

Didn't Czechoslovakia do it on their own?

>You bred savage children
That's the amerindian blood, my militarynut friend.

It sounds like Iraq.
>Be Iraqi
>Country destoryed by Saddam
>Country gets even more destroyed by war of Saddam and co vs the US
>Genocidal maniac thrown out
>the US leaves because random people on the other side of the globe thinks it's a good idea
>ISIS

No, they are simply not as autistic as French politicians.
France decides what happens to Germany after world war > an even bigger war
The US decides what happens to Germany after world war > the longest peace in West European history

you mean you aren't smart enough to look out for your people anymore.

>France decides what happens to Germany after world war > an even bigger war
You talk like a nigger. If my country is like that it's because of you. When will germs take their own responsibilities?

I can't really tell for sure but if you imply that the Treaty of Versailles was not something that the population of Germany had any right to be upset about, then you are moron.

>to look out for your people anymore.
>implying we don't have Am*ric*ns to die for us in the middle east

I would imagine that the first world war was something that the population of France had the right to be upset about.

Considering the fighting in the west happened on French soil to boot.

I think they have chosen the communist party with around 38% of votes. Czech commies did go to the elections with democratic valious on their lips. After they won thoug, they did what their Soviet masters told them to do (change the contitution, kill/intern the oposition). But in a way it does seem like they chose their fate. That could explain some of the American donations to countries that didn't get hurt in WWII.

BTW. Czechoslovak transition to communism after WWII totally deserves a separate Thread on Sup Forums. It's interesting.

Get on my peace levels americANO

Versailles was not that punishing.

Yeah, but it still means they more or less did it on their own

>can we really fix it
>no its fucked

>Get on my peace levels

Our Spanish user is a mean coala bear. But he is right that Spain is rather one of the safest places in Europe in case of continental war. In geostrategic terms they are basicly an island - kinda like USA (not that safe though).

Seems so.

>132 billion gold marks
>during the onset of WW1, 4 marks could exchange for 1 US dollar
>as WW1 ended, the ratio was 8:1
>after Versailles, the ratio was 48:1
>after Q1 1921 it was 90:1
>after June 1921 it was 330:1
>after 1922 it was 7,400:1
>after 1931 it was 4,210,500,000,000:1

I'm not even making of this up. That last value is real. Versailles ruined the German economy absolutely.

Shit, 1931 should be 1923. Clearly I was distracted by a currency so hyperinflated its exchange rate was in the trillions

Yes it was, no doubt about it and they got what they wanted. I'm simply stating that punishing a population because of what their aristocracy commanded them to do is bound to have consequences and I argue that the consequences outweighed the gain.

Punishing enough to make Germans think that Nazism was a good idea.

It was bad enough before the stockmarket crash of 1929, but after that it was a catastrophe, and the hardships spiraled out of control.

>Their aristocracy
When the people sing songs about fighting and killing for that aristocracy in a jingoistic fury, then yeah.

There were no real bad guys during the first world war, but to expect the losers not to get punished harshly would be idiotic.

>When the people sing songs about fighting and killing for that aristocracy in a jingoistic fury, then yeah.

hey sexy

oy vey anti Semite stop with the heartless lies g*rmany is absolutely evil and versailles wasnt enough of a punishment.

>Spain wasnt really damaged by the war
Swedish education

There is only a tenuous connection between Versailles and Weimar's hyperinflation, in addition the Versailles treaty itself was relatively mild (compared to what had been originally proposed) and was whittled down even further by the Dawes and Young agreements.

Well there was also the part where you made them take ALL the blame for the ENTIRE war and all the dead.

I'm not saying that it was a surprise, simply that the US thought it was a bad idea but were overruled on the decision. As it turns out the US was right and France was foolish about their expectations of the war.

I to believe that Germany would have punished France in a similar way, as any sane man does.

A few bombarded towns don't really count in comparison with the clusterfuck that was Europe

Neutral countries unite

>As it turns out the US was right and France was foolish about their expectations of the war.
If we were killed to the degree that French non-combatants and combatants were killed, we would have probably wanted revenge as much as they did

This situation speaks more for the need of a (relatively) impartial arbiter rather than letting the belligerent with the most grievances determine the post-war balance of power. Not of any particular moral high ground the USA has or had

The Kaufman plan would have been better

>sell iron and steel to warring nations
>proceed to get aid
Pretty much yes

There was a power vacuum and if we didn't step in the soviets would have.

>Few Americans have ever heard of a prominent fellow-citizen named Kaufmann ... In Germany every child has known of him for a long time. Germans are so well informed about Mr. Kaufmann that the mere mention of his name recalls what he stands for. In one of his recent artlcles Dr. Goebbels wrote, "Thanks to the Jew Kaufmann, we Germans know only too well what to expect in case of defeat."[19]

>—The Nation, November 14, 1942

You're telling me. I've never heard of him until today

>After World War II, Kaufman disappeared entirely from public life. One scholar, Berel Lang, a Visiting Professor of Philosophy and Letters at Wesleyan University, failed to locate Kaufman in the records of the city of Newark and in other sources.[21]
Talks shit, then leaves. Go figure.

self hatred isnt healthy my dude

>sell DLC to warring gamers
>proceed to get AIDS

Really, no one in war-ravaged France, where massive sweeps of land looked like the surface of the Moon, was going to have a great swell of sympathy for the German delegation quibbling over a largely political article in the treaty. The Americans toned down the final article or else it would've been much more harsh.

Man I love Paradox games

>A German flag might come from an ethnically German poster.
Interesting assumption

''Of the many provisions in the treaty, one of the most important and controversial required "Germany [to] accept the responsibility of Germany and her allies for causing all the loss and damage" during the war (the other members of the Central Powers signed treaties containing similar articles). This article, Article 231, later became known as the War Guilt clause. The treaty forced Germany to disarm, make substantial territorial concessions, and pay reparations to certain countries that had formed the Entente powers''
This was unprecedented and turned Germany into a slave state. Where any surplus was swiftly swept out of the country while at the same time as they were blamed for a war that they were only one player in.

We invested money in western Europe to stifle Soviet influence. Spain was already explicitly anti-communist and not bombed out, so there was no reason to give them Marshall Plan style aid. We still gave them access to American markets and capital at rates that would be unthinkable by today's standards though.

>We still gave them access to American markets and capital at rates that would be unthinkable by today's standards though.
hol' up china let me crank open this market for you

Sino-Soviet split was basically the best thing to happen to us. Bringing the Chinese into alignment with us basically made the bulk of the arms control treaties with the Soviets possible