S2 is a lot better than the first so far, I wish they didn't shorten the intro though

S2 is a lot better than the first so far, I wish they didn't shorten the intro though.

I'm almost done with the first season. This might be the best show Scifi has put out in years.

considering 3 episodes in to season 1 it turned into one of those shitty canadian shows syfy buys it's not very hard to be better than that.

S1 came back in the last 3 eps though

Dunno, I stopped watching after the woman beating the exoskeleton on arm wrestling while on low gravity

No you didn't.

Yes, I actually did, I didn't watch more, I swear on my mum, I go to these threads to test the waters and see if more bullshit like that is going to appear, if by the end of the season this didn't become into GOT I'll return.

that's actually the only edgy abuse scene in the series so far.

It's easily that

does the CGI feel sort of shoddier this season to anyone else?

The CGI is a lot better to me, production values in general are, that space battle was 10/10

Huh. Maybe it was the rip I was watching.

where did you find the CGI to be bad? I thought in episode 3 there was something a little off

Speaking of Scifi, is Dark Matter any good? I don't expect anything on the quality of this.

It's more in the vein of like a Buffy-type show

Not as interesting to me as Firefly

I don't have specific examples it just seemed to stand out more, blend less seamlessly into the background. Like it was more obviously CGI.

Perhaps they had to cheapen it a bit so they could put more in. Rewatched s1 a few months ago, didn't get the same feeling.

yes, the next best thing on syfy. Can't say that it's a comfier show, bc it has some edgy violence, but in 80% still is.

how? it has many intense scenes, even there. The ship "saving", mars jail and headshot, flee from there..

So is Eros going to turn into some kind of colossal eldritch horror?

Would be neat

p much

unless Fred Johnson, least intimidatingly-named military genius in the universe, decides to hit it with the mormon mobile

So, like what is the 2nd best sci-fi show on syfy?

Dark Matter. It has more action and less political intrigue than The Expanse.
Basically a "turn your brain offf" version with more focus on character development and background stuff.

>Dark Matter is 2nd best

Welp, SyFy really is fucking shit and The Expanse is the diamond sticking out of the turd. I couldn't even get past the 1st ep of DM.

It's the 2nd best sci-fi show on the Syfy channel after "The Expanse". It's hard to care about the characters though.

Your inability to get through a single episode of a show thematically similar to another show that you supposedly enjoy is entirely non-sensical. Why do you use hyperbole?

I stuck with season 1 just because it was so inventive but it took me a long time to get into it. It's gotten better over time and I'm definitely looking forward to the next episode. I usually pirate everything but I actually plunked down the cash for S2 since I don't have cable and I don't see this show ever gaining a massive audience. I really hope they do a few more seasons and it won't get cancelled before they can build to a good series ending.

I've seen so many shows and movies that I know the signs of a bad show or movie from a few scant clues.

Regarding people saying this or that sucked in the show (the armwrestling): there is no way that a show this complicated with this many characters plus demanding effects and sets on a limited budget will be perfect. Every show has bad beats, even semi-perfect shows like Breaking Bad have parts that I just have to roll my eyes and forget it.

I'm definitely hoping that the Bobbie Draper character gets better, she's pretty fucking annoying so far.

Guys, is Miller expecting to crash the mormons' ship on Eros ? Is he crazy ?

If we merge Mormons with the proto-molecule it could become the mother of all sci fi villains

Sounds flawless, hopefully the mormon ship is full of women and children lol

If the U.S. nuked the Kamchatka Peninsula in Siberia in order to tell Russia "back off", how well do you think it would go?

So why would the UN generals think nuking Deimos would go down any different?

Because bad writing and someone is trying to start a war on purpose.

Yeah but Mars blew up an earth station first remember? So they can argue proportional response.

REMEMBER THE DEIMOS

>Deimos Dimensions 33×13×13 km
>Eros Dimensions 15,0 × 12 × 10,4 km

why do they need a billions dollar colonization ship to destroy Eros while a few missiles blew up something almost the same size?

Incorrect. The moon blowing up ruins space around Mars for travel. Blowing up the remote research faculty asteroid int he middle of no where doesn't affect space travel. They essentially carpet bombed all the roads in a country. Which is a really good long term war strategy.

Dark Matter and Killjoys are watchable, yes. They're not on the level of the Expanse though.

>woman physically stronger than robots
>woman physically strong
hahahahahah

Hmmm. Maybe they don't have weapons systems as powerful as the Mars fleet? Or maybe there is something special about the LDS ship, guess we'll see Wednesday.

Haven't watched, but s1 didn't cover everything in leviathan wakes?

>bookfags

Because they are a rag tag group and do not have weapons that powerful. Also, they need something super powerful to ensure total destruction, unlike the moon.

very good question

They're pretty good I recommend them.

That's beside the point.

Yes but Johnson is in touch with that old indian whore. He can influence earth to nuke Eros since there is a threat linked to Mars and hidden tech blabla.

But the idea of Thomas Jane hijacking that mothership is cool.

Hey. Was the doublepilot longer than the separeted E01 & E02 ? I just saw the latter, but got the subtitles for the double one, and it has unfamiliar parts. ( @0:0:30, after the Martians prepare to go to Pheobe and before Holden and the girl repairs something)

Is he our guy?

Phobos was the superior moon.

He's a robot

I feel threatened by women: The Post

They didn't want to destroy Eros. Destroying it would scatter the protomolecule throughout the solar system and worsen the problem. They wanted to de-orbit Eros and send it straight into the sun to burn.

What's the gist of The Expanse? Saw a single commercial and thought it was interesting, but have no idea about the story.

I mean, I could Google it but I love the way Sup Forums explains shit.

Why don't you just watch the pilot

I honestly have such a huge backlog for both work, pleasure, and school that I have to prioritize.

I'm vet scripts and watch pilots for a living

It's a detective show. Former policeman turned private detective investigates the death of a girl which turns out to be part of a conspiracy to use humans as guinea pigs in unethical experiments.

alot of big guys, alot of masked men, alot of flight plans, alot of plans.

>300+ years into the future
>humanity is multiplanetary with colonies as far as the moons of saturn
>earth is over-populated and lazy and leaches off the rest of the solar system
>mars is super redpilled and the population is working their ass off to terraform the planet
>the colonies in the asteroid belt and outer moons are hard working proletariat who provide raw materials for earth and mars but get dick in return
>an ice-hauler ship operated by belters is destroyed by an unknown ship
>shit hits the fan and the entire solar system comes to the brink of war

>tfw no mars gf
;_;

Your disgusting projection aside It's supposed to be sci-fi not fake-fi

No, he's right. Dark Matter is garbage.

The Expanse is the only watchable show on SyFy.

Maybe he's a tranny?

you don't need always to watch serious shows, DM is good for Xena/Hercules/Buffy/Supernatural level comfiness

Mars a best
Fuck belters
Fuck earth

Until it starts heading for Earth for more biomass

>The moon blowing up ruins space around Mars for travel.
[citation needed]

Instead of one big object that's easy to avoid, Deimos is now a shitton of little objects that aren't so easy to detect and avoid. One smashing into your spaceship will fuck it up good.

Stop calling it "SyFy". Expanse is good because it's being made by a legitimate movie company (Alcon; the ones making the new Blade Runner), not "SyFy". SyFy just pays for airing rights in the US.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>DM is good for Xena/Hercules/Buffy/Supernatural level comfiness
Why is exactly why it's at best, a guilty pleasure. Realistically, pretty garbage. (And I watch it)

>Deimos
>Donnager
Mars is really just having bad luck with things beginning with the letter D

All I wanna know is when is Venus gonna join the fight. I need me some crispy space dindus.

Google Kessler Syndrome