So let me get this straight...

So let me get this straight. You are about to be let into the inner circle of one the most powerful men in the world and you only get this one chance to not fuck it up, and on your way to your first session you decide to say fuck it all and go straight home because you heard your wife had cuckolded you once 5 years ago or something when you could've just waited and taken care of this subtly after session is over. And not just that, by doing so you inadvertently cause the death of the saviour of rome to a bunch of sheltered pussy noblemen because you weren't there to help him

Good writing of a rational character

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/11/the-electoral-college-was-meant-to-stop-men-like-trump-from-being-president/508310/
youtube.com/watch?v=WVpHKkECDrs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>saviour of Rome

you mean the man who killed the republic?

Like the man said, Savior of Rome

>you mean the man who killed the 1% who owned 99% of Rome and disenfranchised the working class citizenry for their own gain and would've succeeded had he not been killed by said 1%?

FTFY

He was a demagogue you fool. He could always rely on the Plebs since his aedileship.

You have the representative/republican system to thank for Trump winning you worthless ingrate.

If the majority mob had their way, we'd be living in a dystopian Hillocracy.

Tiberius and Caligula are sure better than elected officials.

if he had been there it would have caused a time paradox

Vorenus was always a bit of a hothead

Tiberius a good boi he dindu nuffin it's not his fault Livia wiped out all the other competent heirs

>tfw caesar accomplished more on a day off than I have my whole life

Sex with babies is ok then huh?

He wept at a monument to Alexander when he was in Spain because he saw himself as worthless compared to him.

>His friends were surprised, and asked him the reason of it. ‘Do you think,’ said he, ‘I have not just cause to weep, when I consider that Alexander at my age had conquered so many nations, and I have all this time done nothing that is memorable?

To a roman like him honor was everything. even when his kid became a whore he did not hide it out of principle

Ironically, if Alexander were here today he would weep since Caesar is now more famous than him.

if majority had their way we would be living in a different world because there would be less voter apathy caused by electoral college

I would say they are equal in fame

This, he was a true Roman.

HE BLACKENS HIS EYES WITH SOOT

>mfw this guy did historically exist unlike Caesar

This.

We all knew it was coming and that his temper would be his undoing.

Shakespeare and Asterix put a stop to that.

Alexander is not as famous nowadays as Caesar, not that it makes him better. I

>mfw Romans had these guys to read documents
>mfw Athenians posted them up so the citizens could read them themselves

lmao average Romans could't even read. Fucking savages.

>romans were among the first to have hung studs prepped and ready to go at moment's notice

why were they so advanced as a society?

scandalous

ironically, the electoral college is the only vote that the constitution requires and it failed spectacularly

theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/11/the-electoral-college-was-meant-to-stop-men-like-trump-from-being-president/508310/

They posted the orders of the Senate and Caesar on the Senate door. Unless you forgot that scene

depends who you ask but 2004 movie Alexander is well remembered

True Roman thread for true Romans

Im not reading this shit. summarize if you wish to get your point across. If its something like "they did not have to listen to the people" you can fuck right off

>rational character
What makes you think he's a rational character?
I always looked at him like he has a bad temper that he was containing through strong discipline and will.
His self control just broke there for a bit and it fucked everything up.

I can name only a few people who actually watched that movie.

I can name even fewer that actually liked it.

Vangleis made such a good soundtrack though

>I can name only a few people who actually watched that movie.

it was just too gay for most people.

who wants to see a movie where guys can get dragged off for butt rape screaming for help while the other guys laugh and party?

Alexander is more famous than Caesar purely by the fact that so few know how to say Caesars name properly.

fuck plebs for not appreciating cinema with historicity

Well July is named after Caesar. Does Alexander have his own month?

>I can name only a few people
well someone paid that 167.3 million USD (not even counting reruns on tv) you have no way of proving that Alexander the person is less popular than Caesar

THE MOCKERY OF THE JEWS AND THEIR ONE GOD MUST BE KEPT TO A MINIMUM

How many people do you know call Alexander "Alexandros"

>dude main characters were involved with literally every significant event lmao

what did the writers mean by this

>who wants to see a movie where guys can get dragged off for butt rape screaming for help while the other guys laugh and party?
everyone? is not that way so many people watched spartacus?

>2004 movie Alexander is well remembered
lol

He was a CONSUL of ROME.

A Consul of Rome

guy who proposed the Julian calendar has a month named after himself in it? what a shocking revelation

Good times, good times

It has a 16% on RT, and is never played on cable. Troy and Kingdom of Heaven are always on for reference, considering both those movies are in a similar vein.

Did you know days of the week are named after Norse gods?

>tfw Napoleon did the same shit

who?

Who's that?

:^)

nappy who?

This guy:

I did not say it was well liked

I didn't even hear of it until like 2 weeks ago and I'm quite familiar with flicks

>tfw the era when your mother would ask you if you had penetrated your female slaves when you were just 14 years old will never come back

>never played on cable
I have seen it on cable so that can't be right

And Alexander was trying to be Cyrus the Great 2.

>I didn't even hear of it until like 2 weeks
than you must be underage because the premiere was a major event

youtube.com/watch?v=WVpHKkECDrs

>saviour of Rome

did i stvtter plebian?

It really wasn't.

everyone who's not a cuck would have stormed out of there and confronted their wife, you fucking cuck

What? You were provided proof she is an unworthy slut. You're literally in with the most powerful people in the world. Just do your job and kill the bitch when you get home. Throw her head in the alley. No one is going to say shit.

Throwing it all away for a woman (let alone a whore) is being a cuck.

How did they try to portray caesar? One moment he smiles and makes diplomatic promises and compromises, the other he's ruthless and wroth-like.

Is he evil that comes with a smile, like the nazis?

>Throwing it all away for a woman (let alone a whore) is being a cuck.

that's the mother of their children you stupid fuck., that's not just some whore

>evil

this is an 18+ site.

>you wretched woman

Season 2 was such a letdown

ur mom was a letdown

fuck you, this is a civilized rome thread

Kill yourself

Considering it got canceled and they had to condense the remaining seasons into a few episodes, it ended well.

blame HBO for caving

You have awful taste my boy

>we'll never see a woman get fucked by a baboon

such a letdown indeed

>That's the mother of their children

And she's proven to be an unfit influence. Better to get her out of the way you stupid cuck!

>there will never be a historical show as big budgeted and high quality as Rome

Also
>try to rewatch it with my parents
>realize how much nudity and sex there is in it
>stop after 5 episodes

He obviously had issues with his temper, the guy was basically a bundle of rage even before his family was shattered.
>people don't always make the objectively best choices all the time
welcome to humanity, bub.

>Caesar didn't exist
Am I interpreting your post wrong? Surely noone is THIS retarded.

Can somebody explain to me if the real cato, scipio, cicero etc were as large pussies as the show portrays them as? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it a requirement to serve in the military before being a senator. So why is cicero such a spineless craven and acts as if he has never seen a sharp blade before?

Yes, that's completely correct and obviously has nothing to do with my post. The post I quoted literally said what he did was the best possible choice for anyone who isn't a cuck. I disagree.

Welcome to misunderstanding the fuck out of something, bub.

>noone

Ceaser was the republic you senate dick sucker . he would of been dictator for long enough to get his reforms passed then it would of gone back to the way it was before him . but instead of letting him do what he had to do the age of the emperors was begun by the senates butchery

>would of

I really don't get Sup Forums's constant nuthugging for Rome.

Rome at best is Walmart-GoT. Many plots from GoT were copied to Rome like incest, betrayal and large scale wars. Hell, even most of the actors from GoT are from Rome

The republic did and still does need killing. You can thank the faggot Brutus for the corrupt governments we have today.

Didn't work with Sulla, wouldn't have worked with him.

Down with kings.

(You)(You)(You)

Sulla was defending the optimates/senate. Caesar was a populares who had the love of the people.

Completely different situations and you should be ashamed for trying.

This is patently false. Caesar was power hungry and actively tried to diminish the power of the Senate.

t. Senate

If you weren't trying so hard someone would actually fall for this.

>Caesar's face when

AUUUUURGHHHHHHHHHHHH

>There will never be a historical drama as good as rome again

just bought i, claudius. hopefully it fills the void a bit'

Alexander should've been a show

ikr? We can finally settle on who would in a fight, Caesar vs Alexander?

Nepalion? What is a Nepalion?

I, Clavdivs is spectacular if you don't mind watching what amounts to a taped, 12-hour long theater production.