Can someone give me a quick rundown on Thanos?

Can someone give me a quick rundown on Thanos?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rKR-WSWkVfU?t=1m54s
news.com.au/finance/real-estate/sydney-nsw/these-10-french-castles-are-cheaper-than-sydney-units/news-story/001b1d96b9e9fa99cbdd4d181142d49f
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He's a big guy for you and he'll do it himself.

Bows only to the Bogdanoffs

nigh invincible but has an eternal crush on Death which makes him fodder to deadpool of all people.

I'm mostly optimistic for how the mcu wil adapt him but I already know his defeat will be contrived and gay as hell.

>the call that saved New York

"By the power of friendship, we defeat you Thanos! For we are the heroes of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, now playing on the theater screen you're watching!"

He's a beta orbiter cuck who decides the best way to get his crush, the living personification of Death, to notice him is by eradicating the galaxy of sentient life.

He also has crippling anxiety, and is very self-defeating. He often sabotages his own plans because he doesn't think he deserves to win--this is his "weakness", a la Kryptonite.

I have not exaggerated anything in this post, just so you know.

Thanos' creator said he received more royalties for KGBeast in Batman v Superman than for Thanos, Gamora and Drax combined from all the movies

Marvel also didn't even send him a ticket to see GotG

Is it really the best Marvel comics have?
A burly purple man who can punch hard?

Rich finally left humanity behind.

He's a purple Steve Austin who dresses like Liberace.

And the entire MCU up to this moment is about him getting his bling back.

What is KGBeast? Russian East?

he dropped a cube

He has a sweet helicopter

youtu.be/rKR-WSWkVfU?t=1m54s

DCucks want Marvel to fail so bad

1:54 will answer all your questions OP

The poor man's Darkseid

Who's the rich man's Darkseid?

Will we ever see a legit Galactus in a MCU movie, or did Fantastic Four ruin that by making him a space cloud?

>capeshit

There you go.

>Will we ever see a legit Galactus in a MCU movie, or did Fantastic Four ruin that by making him a space cloud?
Fox is run by cunts

True, but they're planning Marvel movies for the next 20 years, and I have to imagine that at some point, (((Disney))) gets what (((Disney))) wants.

Darkseid Is

Darkseid can't be a rich man's Darkseid. Darkseid is the neutral comparison; you can have a poor man's Darkseid, Darkseid, or a rich man's Darkseid.

Disney wanted Galactus for GotG1 but Fox didn't budge, so they settled for a random cellestial

Not really. You can say a house is a poor man's mansion

And what's a rich man's mansion?

A mansion. It's literally not hard to comprehend.

No, the answer is a castle.

>news.com.au/finance/real-estate/sydney-nsw/these-10-french-castles-are-cheaper-than-sydney-units/news-story/001b1d96b9e9fa99cbdd4d181142d49f

>the call that saved MCU

Will Disney have the balls to make Thanos' motivation Mistress Death? Will they also find a way to combat him that isn't just a "beat up waves of copy-paste cgi bad guys then use big laz0r"?

He... Wants to kill everyone.. but thinks he shouldn't be able to do it and so he fucks up his own plans?

Thanos is the universe's ultimate beta male

His motivation will be to serve Donald Drumpf and his legions of neo-nazi alt righters

i see this guy again.

can someone tell me who this person is and why they keep getting posted around here?

I too could use some brief bulletpoints

a lot of marvel fans can relate

He doesn't want to kill everyone, he wants to woo Mistress Death.

He doesn't consciously fuck up his own plans, he is so afraid of success that he gets in his own way.

Sounds very shitty of a character.

WTF is going on in the top left pannel?

I mean, would it be better if his motivation was, "power is fun, i wanna be the most powerful ever"?

Rumor has it they will make a character out of Death herself.

I really canĀ“t see how that would work in the movies without making something complex, but I was expecting that he would be after Hela hence why he wants Loki around.

this is the big boss villain of the mcu..

jfc

If they do him well there is the potential that he could be kind of interesting. Despite being a knock off of Darkseid with a little Metron thrown in for good measure he developed into a lovesick weirdo. Trying to win the affections of Death does give him a different motivation to the usual kill-em-all / rule-em-all big bad villains you usually see in shit like this. He does suffer from being overpowered like a lot of comic book characters (he's physically powerful due to being from a race of super beings but is also essentially a space mutant with super powers from that as well, and he is super smart and crafty, and has cybernetically and technologically and mystically enhanced himself, as well as having powers bestowed on him by galactic forces and universal constants, and he knows space magic and has his own super fortress and etc etc etc).

Modern Marvel absolutely doesn't know how to write him though and in the comics he's become generic space despot.

Wait. So who is going to play this mistress death in the movies?

so how will they adapt this?

"You cannot defeat the Avengers: Infinity War, Thanos!"

So, Thanos vs Wanda would be a Duel of Self-Doubt and Anxiety.

>Modern Marvel absolutely doesn't know how to write him though
I somewhat agree. They depowered my fave character - Galactus so much it hurts.

Shit, I came to post this

Darkseid gets killed by a small flight of stairs kek

Part. 1

Part. 2

>Disney bows to Thanos
>In contact with Death
>Posses psychic like abilities
>Control the universe with a Nintendo power glove.
>First designer babies will be Thanos babies
>Owns Chair factories around the world
>Said to have +250 IQ
>You probably have Thanosbots inside you right now
>Keeps RDJ a star
>We don't know their infinity plans yet. Hope he is benevolent.

I thought I hear a rumor that Mistress Death was being played by Eva Green? Or at least that Eva Green was playing a mysterious unspecified role in the movies?

This is from a non canon comic book written by the electric company not Marvel.

These Darkseid ones are 100% Canon written by DC comics.

Darkseid gets BTFO by Batman

>Miss Green, please put your clothes back on this is a pg 13 movie
>please put your top on, we still can't show your tits sorry
>oh ffs, we'll just cgi her breast out.

got this at goodwill a few days ago for 3 bucks. that's a pretty good deal, right?

That can be cool. Like the other user said she's too nsfw for disney's taste though.

I dont know, i really feel like Thanos can be cool after hearing these things about him. Would Disney be able to do that though? Their movies are too light. Relationship between Thanos and mistress wouldn't really fit their style

yep, i have that as well.

clean your fingernails, cretin

I'm a welder so they are like that every day, I usually try to clean them nightly before I go to bed.

I feel bad now

It's okay user, I forgive you. I noticed when I selected the pic someone would eventually say something about it

>back
no

you're a good guy, user :)

in that condition the comic is worth ~$10

fine deal, but nothing amazing

also unlikely to increase much in value, ever

Yeah, i didn't figure it was an amazing find. But the lady that works there said they had 3 more longboxes in the back that they were going to put out this week, and apparently some of the local comic book guys have been snooping around the place trying to buy the lot. So I'm probably going to go back soon and check it out

Thanos is a literal jobber, that's all you need to know.

MARKS BTFO

c'mon, dude, it would have taken less than 12 seconds to remove the white corners. have some pride in your shitposting

Fucking this. Big G is just the character that gets knocked on his ass to establish that whatever threat/new hero is SO COOL and SO DANGEROUS.

I thought he'd get his time to shine during that last F4 run. But then he dies and fucking Franklin Richards summons him back to life and refers to him as "Galan" effectively making Galactus little more than a Pokemon. God, fuck that run.

I had some glimmer of hope during the Annihilation Wave but they just had to this stupid shit to him I completely dropped it.

no fuck off with that shitty forced "meme"

short summary would be nice