one of the best shows from the late 70s is about the 50s

> one of the best shows from the late 70s is about the 50s
> one of the best shows from the late 80s is about the 60s
> one of the best shows from the late 90s is about the 70s

explain this shit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CMX2lPum_pg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Takes about twenty years to forget how awful things really were and put on those rose colored glasses.

Its not even that. Its just people who were born during that decade making shit about their childhood as entertainment for people younger than they were/

>use to watch the wonder years all the fucking time with my mom growing up
>remember nothing about it other than the joe crocker song and I think there was an episode where they go on vacation and Milhouse throws up in the car

BEST SHOW NOW
ABOUT FLIPPING ZOMBIES

EXPLAIN THAT

Paul Pfeiffer came before Milhouse. Milhouse wa probably based on Paul.

So we're overdue for a great show about life in the 90s?

People idolize the time they were 12 and the people who wrote TV in the 70s were 12 in the 50s and so on

We have one for the 80s.

Why is "Stranger Things", a show about the 80s, the big retro show now? Longer lifespan of the writers?

>2020's will have to do a show about the 00's
Oh dear

Can't wait to see blobby chrome aesthetic, boy-band music, and one of these babies.

people who grew up in the 80s are approaching their "prime earning years", and so are the biggest whale for advertisers, so suck on their nostalgia

Happy Days was about the 50s in the 1970s.

>that 70's show best show from the late 90's
come on pal, it was an ok show but if you add all seasons together it is just a mediocre show

I thought he was implying freaks and geeks

>Y2K pilot
>9/11 special
>Iraq War kickoff special
ENDLESS TRASH

>First episode starts with boy attending his sisters high school graduation
>AS WE GO ON, WE REMEMBER ALL THE TIMES WE HAD TOGETHER

I actually think that Malcolm in the middle is a decent look event though its a comedy. It was the end of the time where kids could call everything gay without screeching from libs and it was all on tv.

>remember the Wonder Years better than my own childhood and teenage years
>have more feels about the show than my own life

I'm not sure how to feel about this. Well played I guess.

That 00s Show when?

Because the shows are targeting the late 20s, early 30s audience since it's the largest demographic to target for popular TV.

If the show is based 20 years earlier, it's hitting the nostalgia buttons of that demographics childhood perfectly.

It'll be called ''Millenials'' and it'll be the worst thing we've ever seen. Because all the other generations had things that defined them. The only thing that defines the 2000's and on is technology and hipsterism.

Not that Hipsters are unique to our generation. It's just that in the generations before, there was still a main culture that hipsterism was counter to. Now being a Hipster is mainstream, so what is it a counter to?

And that is the reason it's complete trash now.

>remember the first kiss that little shit got in Wonder Years
>tfw you always tried to recreate that exactly and it never happened and now hear you are a sad adult

Wonder Years ruined my Wonder Years.

We honestly need at least a century (see: Downton Abbey). I'd rather it be a forgotten age.

Now tell me, are you underage or 40? Because if not then le born in the wrong generation meme

Millennials are 80-00, not 00+.

Also Hipsters already got a movie about them, several in fact, its called Revenge of the Nerds.

"What would you do If I pulled that off? will you die?"

Mid thirties. I wasn't born in the wrong generation, I can just recognize my own generation for it's trash. I also think the Baby boomers are trash too, because they're responsible for our generation and every one after it.

>nerd culture is hipster culture

No, it's what hipster culture has become in this generation. Hippies were hipsters at one time. It changes in response to main stream culture.
Which is why now that it IS mainstream, it's complete trash.

>the soundtrack will be full of nu metal, post-grunge and pop punk
Fucking kill me, if I ever hear some kid say "I was born in the wrong generation! I wish I had grown up when people listened to REAL music like Limp Bizkit, Creed and Sum 41!" I think I'll snap.

nostalgia. how does it work? MAGIC.

>hipsters
nigga what? when I think 00s I think jack ass and jack black
youtube.com/watch?v=CMX2lPum_pg

"hipsters" is more of a late 00s and 10's

He said 90s.

The best 90s show when?

It's called nostalgia by generation. People hit a certain age and their memory takes that first big step in degrading - bits go missing and suddenly they can only remember the good stuff about their lives 20 years back - it takes on a rosy glow with the loss of detail.

It's why we have people on this board today unironically having fond memories of the 90s, as if it were a decade worth living through.

Not all shows follow the 2 decade rule - The Goldbergs has gone one decade earlier in their depiction.

Also: posting some prime Olivia d'Abo.

I sang that in Cocker's drunk voice. Well played.

Also, wasn't The Wonder Years set in the early seventies? I don't remember quite well.

The average writer writing about their childhood about twenty-five years ago.