How would you make this into a movie? Its going to happen whether we want it to or not...

How would you make this into a movie? Its going to happen whether we want it to or not. New line and Hackson love money to much.
I feel like they could make a decent trilogy out of just the war for the silmarils.

Who cares about shitty adaptations?

I never read the book, but it isn't like a bunch of different stories about an age long long ago? Like mythology book from the Middle-Earth

Anyway, this isn't getting made into a film until Christopher Tolkien dies

Wouldn't work. No one is autistic enough to watch this.

Go the route of a ten part tv series instead. spread it out, and get a narrator or two from the original LOTR.

>implying people wouldn't eat up any movie with the Tolkien name on it.

Not happening after the Hobbit fiasco. No point even thinking about it.

The Hobbit was objectively the worst movie adaptation of all time. The LotR trilogy was pretty good, but still not great. How can you fuck up this bad with The Hobbit and then expect to make the Silmarillion? Christopher Tolkien better never let the rights slip away because Tolkien's works have been tarnished enough by these shitty movie adaptations.

the tolkien family won't sell the rights and it won't go into public domain for quite a while. chances are slim we'll see an adaptation in our lifetime

>The LotR trilogy was pretty good, but still not great

How would you have improved it. Remember we are talking about the visual medium of film so just "adding in all the shit left out from the books" is not a valid answer

Been rewatching the hobbit movies this past week. They are actually quite ok if you watch only the extended cuts. I liked all the extra scenes in dol guldur. Also I can't get that Ed sheeran song from the end of the 292nd one out of my head.

Goddamit, everything was awful. The cinematography, the dialogue, the direction, the acting. Sean was the only one who understood his character

Made by Netflix or some other streaming service. Different episodes for each story, some would get multiple episodes. It would be really hard to pull off. Its like trying to adapt the whole bible and making a coherent narrative out of it.

>Sean was the only one who understood his character

Too true...

The King Arthur mythos > whatever Tolkien tried to do
2bh

A stand alone movie about the fall of numenor would work.

But alas MONEY MONEY MONEY LET'S TURN IT INTO A TRILOGY

How about removing everything that wasn't in the book rather than adding cut parts of the book? Legolas, original characters, absurdity in the Battle of the Five Armies.

think before you post idiot

He was talking about LotR series not Hobbit you illiterate cunt

this.

Op is just a b8ing redditor.

>eye of sauron

Not in the books you cunt. Sauron is a neet shadow hiding out in his tower. Hackson added the eye because he knew his audience were stupid.

Oh, misty eye of the mountain below
Keep careful watch of my brothers' souls
And should the sky be filled with fire and smoke
Keep watching over Durin's sons!

It fucking triggers me to no ends that he said durins sons instead of durins folk. It was fucking set up and everything,

>what are copyrights

>Sean
which one?

The silmarillion enters the public domain in 2028 , at least in the UK.

Do you have a crystal ball or something user? Have you visited the year 2028 and confirmed that the license is snatched up by kikewood and shilled into a cash grab for the goyim? Is america still even a super power? Please, what are next weeks lottery numbers

Yeah that was a perfect set-up. Still a good song though. Great way to end the movie. Goes great with that ending shot of Smaug flying towards Laketown.

I was going by UK copyright laws. The copyright ends 70 years after original publication date.

I agree, I still like the song. I actually like the second hobbit movie, it's actually decent in my opinion.

And that has to do with hollywood being able to make a movie about it how? 11 years is a very long time user and unless you can predict the world doesn't end tomorrow or anytime in the next 11 years, nobody gives a flying fuck when the license expires.

Too long and expansive for a blockbuster adaptation.

It really is. Has the most LOTR feel to it out of all the Hobbit films. Though their depiction of Radagast is fucking awful.

I've never read the book, I want to get around to it soon if I can. I didn't know it was that far off

Once the rights go into public domain the Hollyjews wouldn't have to worry about Christopher Tolkien holding up progress anymore.

did you watch the """third part""" of the hobbit?
neither did I.
Only autismos who haven't read the books, could have any faith on hackson left

And it was a great decision. Film is a visual medium and the Eye of Sauron, especially in the first movie, gave sauron a real menace and made him ever present for the ring bearer.

Been awhile since I read it. I honestly think they just mention Radagast once or twice. It just bothers me that they would make a wizard like Radagast come across as some hippy buffoon.

>Has the most LOTR feel to it out of all the Hobbit films.
Fuck you.

I've read pretty much anything related to the Lord of the rings. Though I haven't read the unfinished tales yet. I doubt Hackson would want anything to do with a silmarillion movie. They literally had to blackmail him into making the hobbit. They wanted to give the hobbit films to Brett Ratner if Jackson refused.

I agree, he just seems really crazy to appeal to kids really.

Don't adapt it whole, it's impossible.
Instead just make Mel Gibson the director and the film about the life and death of Fingolfin.
>elves being dickheads
>humans
>great battles
>English-like orcs
>FREEEEEDUUUUUUM ending
It would be great.

If i had to get this is what we'll get. Minus the Mel gibsman

I want to see a film with Sauron being sneaky.

A giant physical eye on a pole looked terrible. They should have made it appear only in the minds of the fellowship or something.

What would have happened if Sauron managed to control the minds of the elven ring bearers?

Sauron first would need to have some part in creating the elven rings; they were made by Celebrimbor alone.

They still answered to the One, though. Hence why they stopped working after its destruction. Also, remember that all of the rings were once in the elves possession and only later redistributed to humans and dwarves when they didn't work.

It would be shit no matter what you do.At least LotR and The Hobbit are good stories(and even The Hobbit was shit as a film series) but The Silmarillion is just DUDE LORE LMAO.

>The LotR trilogy was pretty good, but still not great.
Fucking hell...

He's right. Have you ever read the books? It's definitely not a great adaptation.

Don't put it all on Jackson nikka, the time frame he was given was stupid as hell and at the end of the day you wouldn't turn down millions of dollars even if it meant making a sub par product

Yes, I've read the books and while some changes were meh I believe that most of the changes work well because it works easier in a film setting.

>you wouldn't turn down millions of dollars even if it meant making a sub par product
sure I would, especially if I was already a multi-millionaire.