The future of the DCEU

So they have a plan, right? This scene wasn't just thrown there for the hell of it, they're going somewhere with it, right?
I'm just worried that with the way things have been going they're going to forget they even put this scene into the movie.

What exactly do you think the scene was?

Avengers will lose

A dude from the future?

>they have a plan
Hah. Hahaha.

You're saying Justice League part 1 will make more money than Avengers did?

Though it is hamfisted, Snyder's cinematography is pure kino.
Wasn't the point of that scene was to establish Batman gathering the Justice League?

haha no way. people will remember how bad BvS was and stay away in droves

Word for word, obviously Superman goes dark and Lois is the key to saving them in that scenario, but Flash says he's too soon, meaning he time traveled too far back, as to why he says 'find us'

I sure hope him showing up too soon doesn't lead to the future he was trying to prevent from happening happening.

he showed up too soon and in his timeline the DCEU became totally wrecked, it was predicted in their own movie - wow

No they don't have a plan. WB looks at what's popular in the cape genre, throws everything at the fucking wall to see what sticks, and will later take credit for what gets a good reaction from the audience. Thus far, they've repeatedly fucked themselves because they want to cram as much shit in possible so they can catch up with Marvel before the comic fad money dries up. I'm a DC fan, and I fucking hate these movies. Do you know how many non comic readers were confused as hell over this damn scene? I had to explain Darkseid and Flash to at least 5 people

So The Flash.....time-traveled......into a dream?

>So they have a plan, right?

The Flash was targeting Bruce Wayne to time travel to.
Aftereffect of that is Bruce's brain merging with his future brain and experiencing his future self's death, and giving him the thought to form the Justice League.

There has been outrage and confusion about around this Flash scene. But is this in fact the most realistic depiction of time travel ever on screen? Time is beholden to metaphysical philosophies. Like the proven scientific theory states, the faster we travel through the space the slower we travel through time. Yet, here the classical depiction of physical time transportation is being discounted in favor of portraying a more realistic ethereal perhaps spiritual destination.

Go back in the Bible, how, at many moments, angels appeared to prophets and saviors and told them of what events or battles would unfold. Zack Snyder is saying those those extraterrestrial visits were not predictions of all-knowing being, they were acts of time travel before time travel was conceptualized.

As soon as Barry gave Bruce the warning that timeline ceased to be, so whatever remnants Bruce retained was in the form of a vision. All in all the scene itself was poorly handled, screeches everything to a halt, and underly meaningless to the plot to the point where cutting it out would have been for the better

>person I like
>"hmm yess rational idea"
>person I dont like
>"IM SILLY"

What the fuck is wrong with DC naming so many villains D names? I don't even read the comics and I can remember Darkseid, Deathstroke, and Doomsday off the top of my head. They are all stupid and I hate them, each and every one.

Oh, so scary, a prop escaped from Peter Jackson's warehouse and is rampaging around the unpopulated part of a fake city. Better fetch Batman and the Israeli girl with her own guitar riff to stop him before Dickcrave arrives and then things get REALLY HAIRY
Fuck I hate everything about that awful movie and the D's make it worse

If WB could pull this off it would be masterful.

But general audiences dont want to be left with "wait wtf was that mexican kid scene about". We know there will be more JL, but you cant have that kind of flashback.

I hope to fucking God you're kidding

What I find stupid about this scene (apart from the usual complaints already mentioned) is that Barry is standing still the entire time when delivering the message. Shouldn't he be, I don't know, RUNNING? This movie feels like I missed 3 or 4 films leading up to it

They don't really have any kind of plan. They saw Marvel raking in money hand over fist with their system and saw a chance to start their own with Man of Steel, but were too impatient to actually build up to it cause maybe they thought it was too late and they didn't have time to put out 3 or 4 more movies to build up to Justice League. So they rushed out BvS. They don't have to copy Marvel though, they could've sat down and thought out how they wanted to do their superhero team movies. Maybe start with Justice League, build it up over time release some stand alone novels about individual characters later.

But no, they panicked and shat themselves trying to copy Marvel.

this is generally correct

The fact they've ditched 3 scripts and directors is proof DCEU flash will be left in limbo for a while longer.

Nobody wants to watch a twink looking spic with a fan-tier cosplay suit ham it up on the silver screen.

I hope to fucking God you have an argument.

Its all leading up to this hopefully.
Shit give it 10 years and Affleck will age into the role.
>the preacher from man of steel could be norman

I haven't watched BvS yet. I've tried but it's just bland.

I have, however, watched CA: Civil War at least 4 times. So...

Also, now that I think about it, Marvel TV shows are even way better than DC TV shows. HEH..

Weird.

>the preacher from man of steel could be norman
I think that's the point of

Literally do they have a plan? Yes. Zack Snyder drew up the timeline with Tsujiahara and all them

That timeline is now in crumbles though. But they're still making the movies. I think the biggest decision they have right now is rather to fastrack Ayer with his Suicide Squad pseudo-sequel Gotham City Sirens or force The Batman into production. Matt Reeves might be up to it you never know.

Just for reference, the turnaround time for Suicide Squad was miraculous. Filming started April 2015, released August 2016 to enormous profit. Its only Feb, The Batman can still easily come out next year

They're probably stalling to see how JL performs before investing any more into this universe. Flash needs to start production in March, Aquaman is delayed, and Affleck is taking steps to back out of the DCEU. WB already knows Wonder Woman is DOA. I want them to start over completely with new everything, and preferably take their time

thats a great illustration, too bad the DCEU is shit

If it's not directed by Snyder it shouldn't be adapted.

Nah. Marvel can into movies but not TV shows.
DC can't into movies but can into TV Shows.
Probably because DC doesn't do any of the writing for the shows.

Fuck the stained glass even matches the glass in the comic.

i fucking hate lois lane, can't stand her ''hmm i'm curious'', ''i have to go''. ''i have to be there'', ''oh no, maybe this was not a good idea''.
get rid of that annoying bitch already ffs.

>I want them to start over completely with new everything, and preferably take their time
This would be the best and what I'd prefer to happen as well

I have exactly as much of an argument as you and I didn't try to use the word "metaphysical" to explain away time travel illogic in a superhero movie where everyone has tights

Can you fundie up a different thread please?

That's the point, desu.

Bro, compare Green Arrow to Daredevil. Does DC have even one character that can match the intensity & sheer acting chops of D'Onofrio's Kingpin? Or Bernthal's Punisher?

NO.

>Nah. Marvel can into movies but not TV shows.
>DC can't into movies but can into TV Shows.
You've got that backwards, tumblrite.

>New actors
>New universe
>New writers
>New producers
>New editing/pacing
And no, none of that Flashpoint shit either. Just move on, don't even acknowledge the old universe like with Green Lantern

Is that a challenge, cunt?

Not him but Deathstoke sucked ass on this show. Give me the worlds greatest merc over this asshurt mastermind any day. CW is teen trash with watered down comic material

Bane and CIA are still alive in this universe

They need Bane to show up and save everyone from sheer boredom

Pfff...is that really supposed to be Deathstroke??

Haaaaaaaaaa

Who will they cast as CIA?

speedforce nigga

Its an electric cello. Fag.

>I have, however, watched CA: Civil War at least 4 times. So...
How?

couldn't even finish the movie myself, it was trash

>based Snyder had it planned all along.

So what's this about the Shazam movie not being part of the DCEU?

This scene alone made me more invested in the future of the DCEU than the MCU

Sounds like something you or someone else pulled out of thin air.

That was someone else, I'm just parroting it blindly in the hopes the Mouse will pay me one day.
Black Adam is a big guy