Why didn't he show up at the ending?

Why didn't he show up at the ending?

He killed himself you daft shit.

How do you know that? Because "he" did in the book?

To inflict as much pain on the roastie that betrayed him as possible.

Is it good?
I want to watch everything with Shannon in it, but I also want to avoid anything with Adams in it.

It was a gigantic 'fuck you' to Susan.

The entire book was a metaphor for the events that transpired between Edward and Susan throughout the movie outside of the book.

>Rapist/The Boyfriend
>Wife and Child dying/The Abortion and his hatred for her
>Vengeance Story/Vengeance action
>Weak Tony/Weak Edward
>etc.

The parallels are all there visually throughout the movie.
and this

The IMDB discussion of the film made me want to kill myself. Don't look at it.

It is a really great film. I was not expecting to enjoy it as much as I did. Jake was great, as usual, and so was Shannon, as usual.

Watch it, user!

Ok. I'll watch it.
Thanks, user!

That is the most retarded explanation by a fucking huge margin. Stop taking things at face value and actually use your brain

every time I see this poster I think it's Jodie Foster from Silence of the Lambs

It must have been intentional.

you're probably right

I was rolling my eyes at the beginning of the restaurant scene, but I became more and more erect with each passing second.

like others said, it's a big "fuck you"

The one thing that really makes me think is michael shannon's lung cancer. There's a chance that real Gyllenhaal had one and that's why he wrote and sent the novel to Amy.

He had become the man she had always wanted him to be, and this meant he wasn't going to waste time trying to win back some broad

He wanted one last fuck you where he makes her want him back because of the book, but he's already over (debatebly, since a real adult would just move on with their lives and she could have read the published version anyways (if he even plans on publishing,which isn't clear))

He owed the final FU to her on behalf of their unborn babby.

this.

/thread

What the fuck was up with that opening though? Did they just mentally scar me for no good reason?

To show what a shit, "look at me", edgy artist she was.

to show what its like to be free, to don't care what people/Society think of you

A huge part of Amy's character is that she is unhappy with her work. It's making fun of shocking art performances that pretend to be deeper than they are.

Cuz Tom was too busy fucking his husband and couldn't make another scene, which explains why the movie succeeded

Tom realized he couldn't write himself out of a Hirst installation and just gave up trying to be a filmaker.

I was sort of enjoying this flick until the stupid jumpscare. After that I began double speeding the Amy Adams bits, as much as I love her in everything she is in.

Look, man: you disrespect me as an audience and I disrespect your movie.

Michael Shannon is great, though. He saves the movie.

This. The parallels are so clear I thought it was too obvious and some kind of a red herring at first

You are just a pussy, I don't even remember getting scared at a jumpscare.

There was a jumpscare?

The baby monitor? That was a mild jolt, hardly a jump scare. I think you overreacted there, user.

Jesus, you sound like a nervous wreck if that scared you!

>Why didn't he show up at the ending?
You better watch what you say
You better watch what you do to me
Don't get carried away
Girl if you can do better than me then go
Yeah go
But remember

Good love is hard to find
You got lucky baby
You got lucky babe
When I found you

You put your hand on my cheek
And then you turned your eyes away
If I don't make you complete
If I don't take you all the way then go
Yeah go
But remember

You got lucky baby
You got lucky babe
When I found you

Oh, go
Yeah go
But remember

You got lucky baby
You got lucky babe
When I found you

Oh right kek
I think that did startle me tbqh

It was a jumpscare. A cheap and unnecessary one. It took me out of the movie.

> Jesus, you sound like a nervous wreck if that scared you!

I am, yeah.

Haha, sorry. I watch a lot of horror and so have become a little numb to jump scares. I know some people hate them and it did feel a little unnecessary I suppose.

what was the point of this film?
>none of that stuff with Jake Gyllenhal happened
>it's actually just the woman reading the story he made
>it's a metaphor for the relationship they had
wow so deep. seriously is this one of those movies that only women understand?

>none of that stuff with Jake Gyllenhal happened
Neither did anything else. It's a movie.

>"I guess we truly are Nocturnal Animals"
jesus christ really?

what was the point of this post?

Should have turned this shit off after the "artistic" opening. Fuck the director, I hope he goes blind.

pleb

>turned this shit off after the "artistic" opening. Fuck the director, I hope he goes blind.
You should watch it all. It is a good film.

>failed the pleb filter
>comes on to Sup Forums to tell everyone how much of a pleb he is
lmao

It really caught me off guard too desu. Got more scared for a second there than with any horror film I've seen in the last few years.

I agree with , but also read it as a little bit of a "fuck you" to the people who said that Ford only cast 'beautiful' people in A Single Man.

I had a dream that involved Amy Adams and Carpenter's The Thing last night.

REVENGE

I did watch it. 5/10 flick. The only interesting part was the opening of the book.

That part had my heart pulsating and wanting me to throw myself out of the fucking chair
That sequence had brilliant direction and acting on behalf of the actors involved.

Every time I see it I think she's wearing a hoodie.

there's another one when he's sleeping and imagining the rape

I know that's the answer Tom Ford gave but how did it relate to the rest of the movie, because it's all about what people think about each other.

Is it in there just to be contradictory, to show a world that the characters will never be a part of?

thats Tom "every man needs to get penetrated once in his life" Ford for you

>wow so deep. seriously is this one of those movies that only women understand?
literally the opposite.
She thought he forgave her not telling him about and aborting his baby.

huh, I saw a version with forced chinese subtitles and I swear it didn't have this.
It just starts with her driving home.

Yeah I saw that version first too. It's hardcoded korean subs and they censored it. For the better too I'd say

Why do you hate Amy? She's one of the best actresses these days.