ITT: Directors, writers, and actors who hate one of their movies

>"I love all my children but Dune is a bastard"
- David Lynch

>"A bumbling amateur exercise."
- Stanley Kubrick on Fear and Desire, a film he claimed he wished he could destroy entirely.

>"I really hate, hate, hate that I am on that side."
- Rooney Mara on Pan (2015), a film she claims to have made for her nieces and nephews

>“If I had the time and a sledgehammer, I would track down every copy of that show and smash it.”
- George Lucas on the Star Wars Holiday Special

>"The film was supposed to be what happens in a guy’s mind, and you were supposed to see a stream of consciousness in his mind and I did the film and it was completely incoherent. Nobody understood anything that went on and the relationship between myself and Diane Keaton was all anyone cared about. That was not what I cared about."
- Woody Allen on Annie Hall

>"Crap."
- Michael Bay on Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

>"I hated Alien 3 more than anyone."
- David Fincher

>"Was it the best film of the year? I don't think so"
- Paul Haggis on Crash (2006)

>"It's a movie that just didn’t work very well"
- Sam Raimi on Spider-Man 3

>"Rope was an experiment that didn't work out."
- Alfred Hitchcock. Hitchock later bought the rights to Rope with the intention of never distributing it again.

>"It's like a bad episode of 24."
Mathieu Kassovitz on Babylon AD

>"I don't regret doing Click since it was fun for me and my four brothers to see me in a fart-jokes type of movie. It's like a big inside joke to us all. However, I'd be genuinely disturbed and possibly confused if I ever met an adult who genuinely enjoyed Click and didn't have any direct personal connection with the production of the film."
- Kate Beckinsale

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nFA6Ycch1EM
youtube.com/watch?v=ukRdEVthmWM
youtube.com/watch?v=Y_nK8JKwlJo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Kate is a pleb

Kate is a patrician

Kate "I was bullied by Stacy and now I'm fucking crazy" Beckinsale

I like all the really goofy stuff in Spider-Man 3. The dance sequence/emo Peter and that West Side Story fight against James Franco are stupid but entertaining.

Also Kate sounds like a nerd.

Kate is based kinotress

Rope is one of Hitchcock's best films though.

YASSSSSS SLAY SATAN

Yeah. Though I dislike the "hidden cuts".

Kate is legit retarded

I don't know. it was okay but I thought it was a weaker one.

She went to Oxford. She just dislikes plebs.

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERD

>talk shit about mediocre family flick you co starred in
>completely ignore the total dogshit goth action flicks you make with your faggot husband

What did she mean by this?

Her husband collects comic books and action figures and dresses himself like Hank Moody. He'd probably have a sperg out if she insulted his franchise (which was ripped off from a few pen and paper RPGs).

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERDS

Rope is dope
Family Plot is the stinker

Some of his silent movies are worthless. Those were just soulless money gigs.

The Lodger is still among his best imo.

Tarantino didnt really like Deathproof. But I enjoy it

The only source I can find of that kate quote links to this page.

I thought some of Click was genuinely touching.

Sup Forums is FAKE NEWS

Definitely. In fact, I might consider it my favorite Hitchcock movie. However, some of his other silent films are junk.

2nd half is disappointing, but it was a fun ride.

Gotta get the those 10,000 hours in somewhere, man
As said tho, The Lodger is a killer and Blackmail was a nice bridge

Damn do I hate colbert's face.

>all the triggered Adam Sandler fans in this thread

Every single Alan Smithee movie.

Verhoeven hated Hollow Man by how butchered it is by the studio.

>Wins TWO oscars for Crash
>hates it

TOP FUCKING KEK, MAN!

What's did you mean by this? I already knew Tarantino is a huge autist.

>all these manbaby retard fags getting triggered by Kate Beckinsale for calling them out on legitimately enjoying a fucking Adam Sandler movie because "MUH SAD SCENES"

You little peasants.

I liked Click, it made me cry, fuck you Kate bitch

How's her foot game?

>>"Rope was an experiment that didn't work out."
good to hear him admit this, it was a huge strawman of an attack against an anti-Christian philosopher he failed to understand even a little bit.

Matthew Goode hates his film Leap Year, a rom-com with Amy Adams
>the actor called his own film "Leap Year" "turgid," saying, "I just know that there are a lot of people who will say it is the worst film of 2010."

>The quality of the film, Goode said, was not what drew him to the project -- it was the location. "So that I could come home at the weekends," he explained. "It wasn't because of the script, trust me."

Nice made up quotes.

Her ass game is better.

For some reason, Cusack fucking hates this movie and never talks about it.

Which is weird, because it's hilarious

dude, Tarantino thinks everything he's made is amazing. He just admits it's his weakest film.

>The quality of the film, Goode said, was not what drew him to the project -- it was the location
What a piece of shit

how can kate beckinsale talk shit about click when shes made SIX underworld movies what the fuck

I can only hope you're pretending to be retarded for this (You)

5*

Underworld films have one purpose and that's to see Beckinsale kicking ass in latex. If you actually had some expectations for them then that's your problem.

>The quality of the film, Goode said, was not what drew him to the project -- it was the location. "So that I could come home at the weekends," he explained. "It wasn't because of the script, trust me."
That's hilarious
What a fucking douche

>how can kate beckinsale talk shit about click

She didn't.

I didn't read the second half of his sentence because I don't give a shit, but the "good to hear him admit this" made him sound like a fucking douche.

Do you mean he got Nietzsche wrong? I think he covered the idea of the Ubermensch pretty well in the dialogue.

>For some reason, Cusack fucking hates this movie and never talks about it.

Is it because of crazed fans hounding him for years saying WHERE'S MY TWO DOLLARS?

>"I didn't think the ending was very successful, with the whole Teddy Bear picnic"
- Harrison Ford on The Return of the Jedi

Me

I think he inadvertently activated his plebmonds in the wrong browser tab

I actually think the Jedi ending is beautiful, as a full stop, an end to the saga. But having back sequel trilogy (especially what we got in 7) retroactively ruins it.

I don't think ending on a downer with Solo dead and Luke walking off into the sunset would work, without a sequel trilogy, which they were no longer planning on at the time

>Cusack fucking hates this movie and never talks about it.

Then how would you know that he hates it?

Non-verbal communication whenever the topic is raised
>grimace

Ben Affleck seems to hate being in BvS

I always thought Annie Hall was the prototypical Allen movie. Why did he name it after the girl if he didn't want people to focus on her?

Who's Stacy? I don't know about this

Kate is 100% correct, but I mean, come on. Her biggest claim to fame is the Underworld series, do you really get to talk shit about Adam Sandler movies after that?

He did but I think he was saying people focused too much on Allen = Keaton in specific when his film was supposed to be about relationships as a whole. It was a relationship film not an idolized star's autobiography.

youtube.com/watch?v=nFA6Ycch1EM

His prototypical project is deconstructing Harry, also, arguably, his best movie.

lel
i remember reading an interview with him right before the last one came out basically expressing the same sentiment
from that moment on, i realised how based he was

Spider-Man 3 was Raimi's personal two hour "fuck you" to Sony Pictures, Avi Arad, and in the process, any normies who loved the first two movies and didn't know about Raimi's film history. He has to agree with the general consensus that it's awful to make it less obvious, but it's a Raimi movie through and through. You can actually feel his anger and frustration coming through during the studio mandated additional scenes, especially those including Venom talking and the unnecessary amnesia/love triangle plot.

In the process, though, he created something beautiful. A hilarious mess of schlock that really never lets up. SM3 has this super fast pace that I'd say is the most faithful live action adaptation of the popular 90's animated series. Subplots are introduced and immediately wrapped up or ignored, dialogue and scenes slam into each other, the tone flies all over the place. It's a very unique superhero movie if only for the execution and bubbling anger you can feel hiding in every creative decision.

Ehhhhh... Nice as an experiment and clever as a concept but far from Hitch's best.

Death Proof is one giant cocktease in film form

What did Kate mean by this?

yeah we're all jealous now fuck off

>it's not dandruff guys, it's delicious cocaine!

>>"I don't regret doing Click since it was fun for me and my four brothers to see me in a fart-jokes type of movie. It's like a big inside joke to us all. However, I'd be genuinely disturbed and possibly confused if I ever met an adult who genuinely enjoyed Click and didn't have any direct personal connection with the production of the film."

Quotes that didn't expect to make you cry, but then did

double kek

Don Bluth and Gary Goldman hated The Pebble and the Penguin so much that they quit before completion and demanded MGM to take their names off the film entirely.

They take their names off Pebble but leave them tall and proud on shit like Rock-a-doodle or A Troll in Central Park

If that's how she feels about Click, I wonder how she feels about TipToes.

yes that's a real poster
the movie is about Gary Oldman as a dwarf. He's on his knees the whole film.

>it's real

youtube.com/watch?v=ukRdEVthmWM

dwarfkino

>Director Matthew Bright was fired after he turned in his cut

pahahhahahha holy shit I have to see this

>>“If I had the time and a sledgehammer, I would track down every copy of that show and smash it.”
>George Lucas on the Star Wars Holiday Special

Worse than the all that crappy movies for kids? HOW IN HELL is that even possible?

>Matthew Bright (born June 8, 1952) is an American film director, writer and actor.[1]
>His first noted credits were as writer and actor in the 1980 film Forbidden Zone, portraying the twins Squeezit and René Henderson.[1] The film includes his two masochistic characters living in a garbage can, spit on, raped and tortured in an alternate dimension's kingdom and decapitated by Satan (played by Danny Elfman).
>Bright was credited as Toshiro Boloney.

HOW DEEP DOES THIS RABBIT HOLE GO

Man... I wasn't ready for this.

>"I hated Alien 3 more than anyone."
>- David Fincher

Honestly, Alien 3 isn't bad at all.Benjamin Button on the other hand...

WHAT
THE
FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKK

I SMELL MEME

truly the role of a lifetime for Gary Oldman

If you check out the context of the quote, it's actually less about the finished product and more about how it got the way it was. The production of Alien 3 was a huge struggle against the studio, apparently.

Rope is a very cool movie, I like how it just appears as one continuous take. Decades later everyone acted like Birdman is amazing for doing that but Rope did it first.

Yeah, I watched the DVD extras.

>wooden planets

I unironically love Leap Year though...

Also, no homo... But Matthew Goode in that movie is one of the best looking and most masculine men you will ever see on the big screen. The location was gorgeous as well. amy Adams is also adorable. I'm gonna download that movie right now.

George didn't directed that though. Read the subject of the thread again, numbnuts.

>You can actually feel his anger and frustration coming through during the studio mandated additional scenes, especially those including Venom talking and the unnecessary amnesia/love triangle plot.
Really? I haven't watched Spider-Man 3 in forever, what about those scenes makes you think Raimi is subtly saying "FUCK YOU" to the studio?

Funny one. He didn't actually partake in it, was just simply mentioned. The trailer is too awful to watch let alone the film.

Next time you do this thread OP, call it Alan Smithee general

You act like everyone thought Birdman did it first. Everyone praised Birdman because even though it wasn't the first (or for even the second or the third) movie to attempt a one-take effect, there's no doubt it had the best execution of any film that's tried it.

Rope was an alright experiment and a good movie regardless of editing tricks but the 'hidden' cuts were extremely obvious.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y_nK8JKwlJo
>1:50
There's now way this movie wasn't intended to be some kind of John Waters type thing. I don't care that Peter Dinklage said it was originally beautiful kino. There's just no fucking way.

>"midget" every other line
Truly a different time.

Why are so many British actors/actress uptight?

A considerable amount of them are highly educated upperclass people. Being uptight is their thing.

>"it's a movie that just didn't work very well, all because of the damn jews" ~ sam raimi
at least post the entire quote pleb

Rust... had a hard life.

Maybe I just have a huge tolerance for bad romcoms but I thought that movie was fine

Actors say this stuff because they know it earns them brownie points with their fans.