It didn't age well at all

Now that homosexuality is practically normalized, this film is just an uninteresting love story. What do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5NT9akGdsfg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_East
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

its a pretty good patrician film

I think you're wrong, because just because homosexuality is becoming normalized (it really isn't, especially if you live outside the US), it doesn't mean it was close to being normalized during the setting of the film.

Cultural context is important, user.

this desu

Your argument is the same as people who say the original Star Trek is racist and sexist, even though it was groundbreakingly diverse and progressive for its time period, especially for a major release.

Movie is pretty good but I guess closet homos like you get triggered by one scene.

good movie, pales in comparison to the short story

>It didn't age well at all
neither did Heath

Well, I happen to be gay and I think this film was not gay enough. It was clear that they didn't want to show so much gayness, at some points Ledger and Gyllenhaal talk to each other almost as strangers (when they are supposed to be in love).

There are tons of lgbt films predating this one. The difference was that BM brought A-list celebrities. But without that "cultural shock", the film is really weak. Besides, 2005 wasn't the middle ages, homosexuality was already relatively accepted in the US. And again, rewatching it now is just awkward and boring.

Even at the time the movie was made homosexuality was "normal" in all relevant places of the world

The movie is about homosexuality amongst dumb white working class Amerifats, which will never accept homosexuality

>just an uninteresting love story
i thought this when it was first released desu. and i wonder just how "homosexual" it is when jack is too feminine a character

Well it takes place in the late 60s to 80s. I know it's tough to make your brain think in that context though.

Then show me some gay kino that has aged well, faggots.

still better than Crash

Jarman is the ultimate gaykino

Philadelphia

Thanks, with regards to Jarman I've only watched Sebastiane, it was pretty good.

What are Jarman's most fap-worthy movies?

This is not kino.

I'll hav-

Sorry, just remembered where I was.

t. King of Plebs

you are wrong OP, it's still one of the best faggotkino around

>YOU CAN BE FIRED FROM YOUR JOB FOR BEING GAY

What a beacon of freedom Amerikuka is.

Priscilla Queen of the Desert

fucking genY pleb

Come on Jack, lighten up on me

It's a good one but I'm looking for things that aren't comedies and show tastefully done gay sex. Basically something analogous to Brokeback Mountain that has aged better.

Crash was dated and uninteresting on arrival

Sebastiane, Edward II and Caravaggio

maybe Jubilee if you like incest and or if you have an Adam Ant fetish

La vie d'Adèle

I-is this like A Clockwork Orange but with twinks?

Best GAYKINO by far

t.gay

Didn't know Asians made gaykino, thanks

not really but a 23 year old pre-fame Adam Ant acting shy is the cutest thing ever

youtube.com/watch?v=5NT9akGdsfg

Well now I have a massive boner, thanks user.

>at some points Ledger and Gyllenhaal talk to each other almost as strangers (when they are supposed to be in love).

Well, as someone who knows how it is to become estranged to someone you love (or loved) I would say they nailed it spot on the head. Their relationship takes place over a period of 10-15 years. Both of them get wives and kids and theres sometimes years between the times they see each other. It's painfull for the both of them, poignantly expressed by Ledgers character when he says "I wish I knew how to quit you".

It's a movie that hits really home with me, the last scene in particular.

Beau Travail is goat self-loathing closet core

>Now that the nazis aren't in Casablanca, this film is just an uninteresting love story. What do you think?

>t. gay
probably why I didn't like it. too gay for me

This. Its was lifetime tier

BvS

Your birth home video

And Velvet Goldmine

>tfw you can never unsee agent smith in drag after watching this
The matrix and lord of the rings are immediately proved. Its a legitimately great movie though, and everyone should check it out.

Gay here. It's very normalized.... on the internet, and blue states.

My ex couldnt come out to his family because his dad wouldve disowned him, and another one of my friends got a bad reception from his family

So maybe normalized with post-X generations.. but definitely not everyone.

>I happen to be gay
Tits or gtfo

Party Monster, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Angels in America, and Breakfast on Pluto are all top tier fag flicks. But I'm a Cheerleader is up there too.

>mfw this movie

Homosexuals are gross.

it
s not really a love story, it's more of a character study of ennis, the absolute terror his father installed in him about what happens if you're a gay man and the resulting misery of everybody else in his life because of inability to overcome it.

my favourite character was his wife actually, she's who i mainly felt sorry for. it's actually a pretty miserable film but well made and better than the short story.

kek

>if homosexuality is comparable to -

It isn't.

>pales in comparison to the short story
lol no it doesnt

>baww some ppl still don't like poopy buttsex

velvet goldmine is great

shelter

Show Me Love.

Homos brought AIDS to the united states and ruined the sexual revolution. I hope they all die.

>homosexuality is practically normalized
What is meant by this

Homosexuality was always normal. In some ways it is less normal than it was before. Before now, and in other countries, homosexuality takes a minor role in mainstream culture, whereas now it is a bizarre unrespected subculture, like weeaboo shit or gangster rap

You do realize the difference between blue states and red states is like 53%D-47R and 47D-53R right?
Moron

Name some countries in which it is normalized 100 years ago and you can be answered in which it is not normalized by 5 times as many countries

You still haven't explained what normalized means

Nor have you

it was considered a mental disorder until the 70's wat...

sorry thiswas made for

i'm sorry i don't mean to be rude but are you a fucking idiot?

Where did gay people come from. I've asked my parents if they had any gay friends or knew anybody that was gay when they were 20 and they said no.

Now I know about 20 gay people men and women. Where did they come from?

>In some ways it is less normal than it was before.
you mean like roman times when men would fuck young boys? it was allowed, but how is that normal?

And likewise there is 5 countries to counter that.

It's never been worldwide mainstream lad.
Unless you are willing to say only white countries matter :^)

>And likewise there is 5 countries to counter that.
what
name the countries that think being gay is wrong but fucking young boys is okay, and then tell me how this is a positive argument for anything.

>It's never been worldwide mainstream lad.
what being gay? everything is gay. animals are gay history is gay there are gay people throughout history who kept that shit under wraps.

>Unless you are willing to say only white countries matter
i don't even know where to start with this

>>name the countries that think being gay is wrong but fucking young boys is okay,

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_East

and i repeat
>how this is a positive argument for anything.

You could say in Scandinavia homosexuality isn't "taboo"
I would answer 30 African and Middle Eastern countries in which it very much so is.

You mention Spartans sometimes having relations with young soldiers in training
Likewise I could answer lands in which it was heavily taboo.

Your initial claim of the world going ""backwards"" whatever you define it as was silly.
And your examples of unpunished homosexual behaviors can really only be found I'm European countries (though possibly but doubtful likely due to them actually mastering scribe)

What's a positive argument?

I unironicly think this movie is kino

Where is the section about fucking young boys? It's not under History.

Kill Your Darlings

there is actually a lot of asian gaykino, but most of it isn't kino. it's just gay.

East Palace, West Palace

The Birdcage

>Your initial claim of the world going ""backwards"" whatever you define it as was silly.
that wasn't me i'm a different person. what i don't get is, i said
>roman times when men would fuck young boys? it was allowed, but how is that normal?
and you said
>there is 5 countries to counter that.
then i explained (not well) that there is homosexuality in animal nature as well as human. and there are historically gay people, and you didn't respond to any of this. you just posted a wikipedia post about the entire Middle East.

so what kind of response do you expect?

An argument that benefits the person's own point of view. Just read our posts.

It's in their holy book anta bakane

Sorry, that one only mentions young girls.

bump

If all fags were like those guys, nobody would have a problem with it.

Unfortunately....