I like this show.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n-ql0-vJE4c
fmovies.se/film/dark-matter-1.m2jv/6lnpr0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

me too

youtube.com/watch?v=n-ql0-vJE4c [embed][embed]

What's it about?

Looks kinda like early 2000's scifi trash.

I find the atmosphere to be part of the charm. Basically a bunch of people wakeup on a ship with no memory, and have to find out who they are and why they are there. There are some really creative ideas and it's kinda comfy, and the characters are all fun. Plus you get to delve deeply into each one and slowly piece the puzzle together. It could be bad, but the writing is super solid. The universe seems to be at about Firefly/Mass Effect level in tech, for the most part. Also Jodelle is qt in it, and she's waifu-level material...

Two seasons can be watched here in HD

fmovies.se/film/dark-matter-1.m2jv/6lnpr0

my new favorite show

I watched like half of the first season
I thought it was alright but it didn't really grab me
I thought One was a douchebag and every time he opened his mouth I wanted to punch him and I though le silent asian martial arts dude was a bit cheesy

The characters don't start off as very likeable. But as the story progresses and they get fleshed out, I felt they were. It's p. good as far as sci-fi goes, at least to me. And you've got two seasons to binge on before the third comes out if you like it. Also Jodelle seems to have gigantic breasts for someone playing a 15ish year old.

I like it too, it's comfy and harmless fun
I wish we would have more good light hearted sci-fi shows like that

It's alright. Could use a bit less "tiny woman can beat up strong men"

I like 5

>Main woman is genetically engineered and enhanced by nanites
>Other woman is an Android with battle protocols
>Introduce a woman who can see the future so she always wins fights in Season 2

Except for Melissa O'Neil's (Two? Can't remember) character, i can't recall another strong woman beating bad boys, and it's justified in her case As she is some kind of bio engineered soldier android thing

Science FICTION, Even 5 was able to take out someone twice her size

>Introduce a woman who can see the future so she always wins fights in Season 2
For a woman with such an overpowered ability it's hilarious how often she gets BTFO

it's refreshing that they actually explain it rather than pretend women are naturally stronk

Yeah but he was obviously trying not to hurt her

You never restrained someone 5'2" without them hurting you, She also spooned a guy twice her size in the ear and was somehow able to twist his arm and keep him on the floor

TWO IS COMMANDER SHEPARD

I needed my dad's guidance on this show, and I asked him, and he pointed to #5 and said "Let me guess; this one's a fucking ghost?" then he left the room. Thanks dad.

We'll bang.

Muh Waifu

>ywn live on a cool stolen GA ship, doing odd jobs and having adventures for money, stopping at diverse stations and drinking and eating mealworm sandwiches while fostering a relationship with #5 while slowly discovering yourself and doing it right the 2nd time around.

>there will never be a dark matter spinoff where the crew never stops being a group of dickass mercenaries

it hurts

It was p. funny when the super serious ninja Japanese dude gave #3 Charlotte's Web to read, and #1 was like "dude it's a classic"

you can have that fatty

i claim Tash

Just saw the episdoe where they got their memories back and they where going to kill 5 but she was on board before they lost their memories and they kept her? Also they didn't notice One and Six weren't there?

I kind of liked season 1, but gave up on it after S02Ep01. Does the second season become good?

Reminder that Jodelle is /ourgirl/.

WENDY
E
N
D
Y

her character was great

Well they leave the jail after the second episode if you were worried the whole series was getting retooled

'cause one and six warent really they original teammates
i dont really remember, but they 'got' the amnesia thing so those could infiltrate to their team (or maybe i got it total wrong.. but somtheing like this sounds logical)

One was explicitly "the new guy," which is why Derek was able to step on Jace's toes in the first place.

I... can't actually remember them ever mentioning how they met up with Six in the first place. I mean we got a big chunk of his backstory but not specifically how it led him on to the Raza.

Dark Matter has bigger lore?
>has the same black goo thing (but thats some symbiote instead) plot
>galaxy size company wars plot
>japanese planet plot
>blink drive (which can go to alternative realities) plot
>those bastards who can sense the future
>sensible androids
>can go pirating n shit plot

vs

The expanse has
>Earth vs Mars vs belters plot
>black goo

if DM team could have some real good writers they could do a superior show

they made her look like a 9.5/10 on the show
when I saw what she looked like in those bikini pics I was honestly kind of disappointed.

I wish someone would explain the state of the galaxy in DM. Seems like earth exists but there are countless corporate colonies and stations, but the GA is like the core worlds of Firefly? No aliens? Amazing temp cloning tech that reminds me of Total Recall? How fast is FTL? Do we see earth?

Dark Matter plays a few thousand years after The Expanse

Better show made from different stargate writers.

I wanna dunk the cosmic donut with her

>Do we see Earth
Yes, Earth is kind of the capital of the universe

is it an oppressive "utopia" like on Firefly

not really

cool can't wait to see

>How fast is FTL?
They mention at one point that the Blink Drive is so revolutionary because it would take months at full speed to travel from one side of the galaxy to the other with a conventional FTL engine.

that's still p. fast
this show rules

that would be great, but i guess you have no source of authentic confirmation

of course not, but it would fit perfectly

>Star Trek: 75 years to cross a galaxy at high warp
>Star Wars: 2 to 3 days to cross a galaxy at hyperdrive
>Battlestar Galactica: Apparently with jump drive you can push a button and instantly pop up anywhere in the galaxy but it's really dangerous because you can easily teleport into mountains and black holes and sheeit

when comes the 3rd season? april?

I kno
what's your point

it could be also the other galaxy what is mentioned now in The expanse, where the protomolecula(black goo) is from is the DarkMatter galaxy. Will Wheadon sent it as a bio weapon.

I liked it until the guy who played "one" left

Dropped it after "asian man" character started cutting air with his super cool katanas to prove how badass he is to "man 2" 10min in.

The bit in the space prison was max comfy.
Season 2 overall was kinda disappointing tho.

He's actually the second best character on the show at this point. Right after Ann Droid.

it is early 2000s scifi trash. there is an audience for that sort of thing thanks to the popularity of farscape and stargate

i unironically watch this the whole 2 seasons then i start watching the expanse. boom! light years better than it

he gets his memory back and goes full keikaku at the end of season 2