/horror/

horror general

what was the last gem you watched and what would you rate it out of 10 ?

7/10 for the Night Flier, thanks Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

blumhouse.com/2017/02/09/david-gordon-green-danny-mcbride-will-directwrite-the-new-halloween-movie-for-blumhouse/
youtube.com/watch?v=mw_HKzo9Ync
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>pay the ghost

0/10

Krampus

A solid 7/10 for sure

Autopsy of Jane Doe.
8/10. Ending is a bit retarded.

>drawing attention to those teeth with a brith red lipstick
What were they thinking?

This was so completely forgettable. It felt like I took a 90 minute nap.

I find it sexy.

I can usually stand even the worst of Nic Cage's movies and find something amusing about them but this was next level.

4/10

the eyes of my mother

7/10

My nightmares are scarier than any horror film. Just woke up from a dream that was like Nosferatu on scary acid.

Why can't horror film makers try to emulate the feel of a nightmare?

6/10, the creature design was the best part of it.

Thoughts on the upcoming Halloween film?

blumhouse.com/2017/02/09/david-gordon-green-danny-mcbride-will-directwrite-the-new-halloween-movie-for-blumhouse/

Cautiously optimistic desu

RECENT NEWS!
> Paramount cancels Friday the 13th reboot so the rights will revert to Warner Bros soon. Reason for such is likely the box office failure of Rings.
> The also indefinitely postponed the World War Z sequel.

> The Halloween reboot is back on track again as Pineapple Express's David Gordon Green will direct and write it, co writing will be by Danny Mcbride.
> Green has done dreck like The Sitter and apparently awesome work like pic related so we shall see.
> Mcbride stated they intend to be taking it dead seriously and that "no one will be laughing".

Sexy teeth bruv. You can fuck her in between her gaptooth!

You mean like David Lynch does?

Based Donald Pleasance

I watched this after seeing it mentioned in another horror thread. I thought it was going to be about depression but it's just another movie about schizophrenia. It was pretty much just Take Shelter meets Donnie Darko but with really weird acting and strange dialogue. In fact, the acting was probably the creepiest part of the film and it was probably completely unintentional.

The ending scene was sick though. It's the first good ending to a movie that I've seen for an incredibly long time, and it was refreshing after coming from the pile of shit that was The VVitch. I'll rate it good enough/10.

The sound design was pretty good and it reminded me of Eraserhead, so I guess I can see why the other dude mentioned depression with regard to this movie.

It's a fad these days for gap tooth models.

Fright Night, 7.5/10

the original right?

Watched Dyaltov Pass Incident, thought it was pretty okay but could've been great if it was just an atmosphere piece without all the silly time travel bollocks.

what's that from?

Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle, that's the scene with Freakshow.

lol

there's no way I'd watch a horror remake

A perfect 10/10

Brain Dead( not the Jackson movie )
Bill Paxton, Bill Pullman fuckin' A

>tfw you wish you had friends like he did to help quieten the voices

7.5/10

Very cool setting for a horror flick

Hatchet 2 or 3.

also Body Parts, caught it on Netflix. starring the Lawnmower man.

>The Changeling
5/10

These tortured soul movies are so boring and should not be counted as horror

soundtrack was 10/10, and Virginia's cleavage 8/10

Even crazier than the fact that he was willing to die to help his friend was that he let his friend crash at his place for days. My friends would kick my ass to the curb after one night.

How would you prepare for the battle if homeless?

I'd buy a nail gun, stick it in my mouth, and pull the trigger. Ain't gotta worry about the battle if I'm dead.

What if suicide keeps you repeating though. You don't remember but they tell you that you've done all this before. Thers only one way to break free. The battle is coming and you must be ready for it. You can't avoid it.

7/10

Turns into a 10/10 in the last 15 minutes though

Because nightmares are literally crafted by your own personal fears.
It's horror experience specifically made for you. Unless you make your own movie, this will never ever happen.

dreams generate their own feelings, regardless of what's actually happening during them. you could have a very sunny and happy setting but feel inexplicable dread and confusion. that's why movies can't possibly compare, except maybe on heavy drugs.

The ending was fucking terrifying.
Just imagine being alive inside of stomach of living thing. Slowly disolving in stomach acid. Getting enough time to think about what horrible mistake you made going here and regretting everything. The idea of getting swallowed whole and being alive inside the creature is the worst thing i could think of.

dling these

Funny enough, the best horror gem i have seen was a youtube video.

youtube.com/watch?v=mw_HKzo9Ync

Also Noire the curse, ver slow movie with a big pay off at the end, kept me entertained and intrigued for the duration of the movie (i just love spooky found footage documental like Lake Mungo, anyone else knows anything similar?)

I watched this a few days ago. Usually I don't really like asian movies - especially asian horrormovies - but this one was recommended by a trusted source of mine so I gave it a shot. It's very good. Despite the enormous length of 156 minutes its has no difficulties in pacing - propelling fast and slowing down at the right moments. The horror elements are rare but executed well and really put you in a mode of constant excitement.

Watch it but skip all trailers.

Oh yeah I forgot this movie. I liked it okay actually. I don't know, honestly anything other than Rob Zombie would be welcome for the franchise. I just wish for ONCE they would stick to the anthology stories on Halloween idea. I really don't think we need 6 more Michael Myers movies.

I think they a good job with it despite obvious budgetary limitations. The gullet of the being was kind of chintzy looking but by then they had done a good enough job with set up it didn't bother me.

Also, if anyone wants to see a really weird horror movie check out Society. That's a movie where I think a remake could be a good thing.

Fuck off with this general shit, fucking faggot.

Among the living is a pretty good mix of genres were coming of age meets home invasion/slasher with a side of body horror
7/10 maybe

It's like being dead for 90 minutes but you're eating popcorn?

have you watched Suspiria yet?

bone tomahawk was a 3/10 horror film but an 8/10 western

>general thread
Why do you make these? If you have a movie to talk about make a thread. No one cares what score you give to a random movie

>Just imagine being alive inside of stomach of living thing.

What's the most awful death you've seen in a horror film?

The puppet Freddy kill with the veins
Shit with veins just freaks me right the fuck out.

the one from where the dude gets scalped, a stake driven down his throat and then cut in half starting at his dick

Came here to post this, already had the rest of this typed up before I saw this image.
The Borderlands reminded me that found footage can make for a great movie if done well. It's about a small team of two priests and an agnostic tech guy who are investigating a claims of a religious miracle out in a sleepy little English town.
It's very creepy and has scenes that will stay with you. The found footage stuff is done with headsets and fixed cameras so it's not even shakycam most of the time. I highly recommend it.

It's more of an action-adventure movie with horror themes, but Stake Land was a really cool movie I saw lately. It's about the post-vampire apocalypse, and a gruff older guy named Mister and his young protege are travelling north to find a particular community to live in.
On the way they have run-ins with not only vampires, but a dangerous religious cult that controls a lot of territory they have to pass through.

patrician ghost movie

The Lost Boys - 6/10
The Love Witch - 3/10
Rings - 4/10
Thirst - 7/10
Near Dark - 6/10

Not a good couple of weeks for me lads

Black Mountain Side (pic related) is a neato Canadian movie that was clearly inspired by The Thing. It's about a group of archaelogists and their native helpers that have unearthed a strange and seemingly anachronistic structure near their dig site.
As I'm sure you can guess, strange things start to occur. If you need some convincing, one of the big early developments is one morning, all the natives are gone. They track their footprints, but they're heading north. The only thing north is mountains and snow, certain death.
Good movie, give it a go lads.

The ending really bothered me. Freaky shit.
Would recommend

>mfw someone executes me

Neato werewolf flick. Lead blonde reminded me of Mia Malkova. 7/10

That cover is pretty unfortunate.
Totally ruins the is he/isn't he thing the movie goes for early. Also that part where the main guy slices his own eyeball, what the fuck man.

I thought it was neato, but really forced the shock value. I mean that baby. come on.

Perfect length, nice story, decent enough acting, kept getting distracted by them moving from set to set - but all in the "same apartment."

7/10

About an hour too long. Could've been a 9/10, instead it's a 6/10 at best

That opening scene is weird because there's nothing as fucked up as the baby again but also nothing anywhere near as cheesy as Mister getting punched through the air by a vampire and landing on his feet.
Gave me some worrying expectations but it ended up all good. Did you see the sequel? I thought it was alright but I didn't like it as much as the first one.

It's better than the one that says
>From the director of THE DEVIL INSIDE
I agree about the reveal, but it's not like they set it up like a whodunit in the first half. Maybe if they introduced several other schmucks to get the attention away from the guy

Yeah the movie had a few problems, but I really appreciated it for having a nice twist on werewolves.

Who here has Letterboxd?

To this day I think thats Les Claypool on the cover.

Just finished The Evil in Us

7/10 bretty good

I too watched the Night Flier after that thread, saw it like 20 years ago when I was like 4 or so, but watched again. Very good movie.

John Carpenters Vampires

-10/10

Total poop

>The Thing
I'll give it a go based on that alone although I fucking hate Canadians so who knows how I'll feel about it.

ugh

wow racist much

>7/10
>gem
Horror fans are fucking retarded kek

Hey, leaf them alone

Please no rude. I love my /hor/s

More like a 4/10 turns into a 7/10

Thought it was just a cheap flick, but the effects are simply fantastic for something that got little to no fanfare when it came out. Also
>Famke
>Kano from the MK movie
>that ending
8/10

True, this is more reasonable. I'd say 6.5.
It's a very overrated film on this board.

pontypool 8/10
its canadian but good.

Insidious 3
3/10

The Guard Post is a 2008 Korean horror film

8/10

Marathoned this series after watching a trailer for the 2nd one, I like the first movie is my new 2nd favorite slasher behind Halloween.

Cold Prey: 9/10
Cold Prey 2 : 7/10
Cold Prey 3: 6/10