Just finished picture related

Just finished picture related.

I actually was enjoying it until the last couple of episodes What a mess. WTF happened there Sup Forums?

cool mirror episodes, but they killed the baby and Trip like nothing and even spoiling it mid episode that was actually a next generation episode.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xxB349lLgPo
youtube.com/watch?v=-8OpsPok6iQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>until the last couple of episodes
What the fuck are you talking about, the finale is absolutely dogshit, but before that is the mirror universe, and before that is based Terra Prime, with one of the best trek villains over.
Season 4 is legitimately great.

>DUDE Make Terra Great Again LMAO
Why are Earth-Firsters always so dumb across every media?

Berman and Braga had laid off control of Enterprise for the last 2 seasons, until the last episode, which they wrote, hence why it was a disaster.

That makes sense it seemed like a big fuck you and the actors seemed not into it.

Terra Prime was fantastic. As far as I'm concerned, the finale was non-canon.

Trip and T'Pol married and tried again, and lived together forever.

Enterprise was the only Trek series that was good from the very beginning.

Seasons 1-3 were the best. Season 4 was when the quality started to fade. Most all of the stinkers are in season 4.

I'm actually glad it was canceled early. With Coto in charge, it would have quickly devolved into yet another woefully gay garbage trek.

What's with all the reposts?

Redditors. Their entire website is built on reposting, so they bring that attitude here.

Why do people claim it's in a different universe to TOS?

Because it's obviously in the post-First Contact timeline.

They don't?

But JJ Trek is in a different universe, and Enterprise is canon to both JJ and regular Trek.

>post-First Contact timeline.
>he didn't pay attention in temporal mechanics class

ENT was my first Trek, so I fucking love it. Haven't seen it in a couple years though, waiting to watch it again at the end of my all-series trek. On TNG season 6 now (and it's not as good as TOS seasons 1-3 or TNG season 3-4)

>responding to autistic faggotry

Actually, I'm more often accused of being Sup Forums.

Get with the program, numbnuts.

Archer is best Captain.

Grabs borg and pulls out its borg tubes... commences killing it with his bare hands.

Archer is a real man... not a flaky faggot, a token gibsmedat, or self-entitled feminot like the rest of them.

>Redditors
some people just look for scapegoats. Your little online world is a garbage heap for the mentally ill and genetic dead-ends while also a playground for everyone else with a connection.

I like all the captains (except Janeway because I haven't seen Voyager yet but I expect great things) - Kirk isn't a memey douche like the recent flicks but a duty-bound tight-ass commander, Picard is a tight-ass diplomat nad kind of a nerd who loosens up a little, Sisko is space christ to a bunch of space poo in loos but also a good father and not afraid to get his hands dirty, Archer is like a goofy dad who seems capable of making the tough decisions when the time comes.

Kirk didn't have manic depression.

Kirk was on a comfy mission to explore deep space and put aliens in their place.

Picard was a numale pussy. Kirk was a strutting princock, and a jew. Both had awesomely powerful vessels, and both already knew their way around the galaxy.

Archer had to make it or take it as he went along. He was more of a man than both of those guys.

>comfy
user every episode seeks to reinforce that space is full of existential horror and salt vampires. Early TOS is a horror series set in space.

Voyager was a super gay hagfest populated by a shipload of sniveling whiners subservient to an annoyingly preachy feminist incompetent who suffered from chronic psychosexual penis envy.

Theme sucked.

The fact that the time traveling shit was central to the entire series is shit. I understand time travel is a common thing in all the series but everything was tied to it. Just so tiresome.

Voyager was mine. When it's bad it's bad but there were great moments. Loved certain characters. I liked Janeway. Deal with it.

NigTrek9 was a boring soap opera with a bunch of unlikeable characters, feminists everywhere, a token nig commander, and way too many space jews.

The best part is not everyone got along.

>Theme sucked.
DETLE THIS!

Fucking Rod Stewart.

Fucking $10.99 CD infomercial tier

youtube.com/watch?v=xxB349lLgPo

Enterprise was the very best Star Trek series ever produced.

It was Star Trek done right.

No faggots.
No feminism
No PC
Less technobabble
More realism
More character
Interesting aliens
Solid storytelling

Trektards hate it because it isn't gay enough.

What's with all the reposts?

awful pasta, what happened to the Dukat did nothing wrong friendly reminder?
Still comfy
Jesus, you guys really miss the point of Star Trek, huh? In the future we can transcend our differences and come together to accomplish great things - the future, the Undiscovered Country
Theme was dope in the first two seasons, but the time travel shit was awful so I'll give you that.
Soap opera, yeah, eventually - and space christ shit got old but serviced the plot so I give it a pass.
Also had best Lwaxana, best Spock-clone, best space jews, best Klingons outside of Star Trek III.

I would disagree. If you want Trek done right then it's stuff done while Gene was alive. Everything afterward he likely would have never approved liked DS9.

Why are you responding seriously to copypasta?

Isn't everything copypasta though, what's truly original?

Roddenberry was a womanizing, card-carrying commie who stole most of his ideas from others and repackaged them in order to seek personal enrichment by selling them as his own for barrels of hollyweird jewbucks.

>when the shills show you their bait before casting the line

My cheeks are now open for every Tellarite in the quadrant. Thanks cultural roddenberryism.

The thing is tho... it's MY pasta.

So I can copy it if I want.

>Terra Prime was fantastic. As far as I'm concerned, the finale was non-canon.
>Trip and T'Pol married and tried again, and lived together forever.

Thanks for being me, lad.

I've always said those things about Enterprise and that the show came to soon, started out of the gates way too slow and just was a victim of bad timing. A prequel during the 9/11 era doesn't necessarily fit but the pilot aired literally a day or two before the towers fell.

>that time Soval referred to Shran as 'the eternal ando'
Keks my sheks every time

>Get with the program, numbnuts
>not "trektards"

Dropping the ball lately, Pakled.

Forbidden Planet is one of the criminally underrated sci-fi stories of all time. Surprised no one ever talks about it in these threads.

I was always under the impression that Archer was racist towards the Vulcans before T'Pol became a permanent member of his crew and not just an "observer".

Gary Graham was phenomenal as Soval. Jolene I also thought grew into a great female Vulcan (read: Vulcans with a little more of themselves on their sleeves). I enjoyed the Vulcan subplots the most from the first and second seasons.

The first episode actually aired on September 26, 2001. Over two weeks after 911.

But yeah, it was close.

Well duh
He's always talking about how they kept his dad down and his dad would have lived to see Warp 5 become a reality if not for the vulcan man keeping humans down.
I thought Soval's growing friendship with Admiral Forrest to be a high point of the series, and when Forrest died protecting him it showed the vulcans what humans really had in them.
Wasn't Soval the father of Sarek btw?

Enterprise is far from being garbage, and was quite enjoyable.

Not the best Trek for me, but I wouldn't fault anyone for liking it it.

Def not as bad as the blatant Babylon 5 ripoff DS9 shit.

I agree. It was phenomenal. Great story. Great visuals. Especially for it's time.

Roddenbery also stole a few elements from the Twilight Zone, but right now I can't remember what the were. I always recognize them when I see them, tho.

Enterprise suffered from the worst case of love it or hate it I've ever seen

but it gave based Combs some steady work and I'm thankful for that atleast

Would Forbidden Planet qualify as "Lovecraftian"?
"The Evils From The Id"?

I really gotta' watch it again in HD, that screenshot reminded how ahead of it's time the concepts were.

Enterprise is GOAT, but some people here don't like it. I don't understand why. The last season is the best as well, so I don't even know where you're coming from.

Or, wait...
>19 June 2001: Final day of principle photography, with four scenes filmed on location in Malibu
>10 September 2001: First day of recording on the episode's score at Paramount Stage M, conducted by Dennis McCarthy
>11 September 2001: Despite two large-scale terrorist attacks that take place in the USA on this day, Dennis McCarthy and the orchestra elect to continue recording on the score at Paramount Stage M, rather than postpone the session

Yeah, so I was wrong but the entire episode had finished filming and only the music was undone by the time the twin towers fell.

>Wasn't Soval the father of Sarek btw?

Which Sarek? Dark Ages Sarek or Spock's Sarek?

Neither on both accounts though

>Def not as bad as the blatant Babylon 5 ripoff DS9 shit.

nigga you gotta be kiddin me, the show was a hit!

people still pissy DS9 shit on Roddenberry's dream?

>Would Forbidden Planet qualify as "Lovecraftian"?

Pretty much. Yeah. I'd call it that.

Also, when you watch it again, take note of how more than a few aspects of their ship design actually seem to resemble the original Star Trek Enterprise a little too closely for it to solely be a coincidence.

That was awesome how they used the overlay matte paintings better than any episode of TNG to create the illusion that you were looking down into the crust of the planet at the giant engine they used.

The 4th season was full of stinkers. It did have a few good eps/arcs, but once they hired Coto, it started noticeably, but steadily devolving into the same-old, same-old garbage trek.

Because of contradictions. Honestly all of it could explained differently, but universe explanation is universal.

THIS IS NOW AN ENTERPRISE THREAD:

THE VULCAN INCENSE HAS BEEN LIT AND WE JUST LEFT STARBASE

THIS IS YOUR DAILY REMINDER TO LUBE UP YOUR BEAGLES, POLARIZE YOUR HULL PLATING, AND HEAT UP YOUR DECON CHAMBERS TO SKIN TEMP (308.65 K)
THE CHEESE HAS BEEN SLIT AND IT'S TIME TO SLAM YOUR PLOMEK BROTH, TAKE A TOKE & MARK OFF YOUR CHECKLIST
TO POP YOUR:

STARFLEET RATIONS
ANDORRIAN ALE (VINTAGE 2125)
CORDRAZINE HYPOSPRAY

youtube.com/watch?v=-8OpsPok6iQ FAITH OF THE HEART BLASTS THROUGH YOUR HOUSE
>YOU INSTINCTIVELY JUMP INTO YOUR GRAVITY PLATED BASKETBALL COURT AND GYM, FITTED WITH WATER POLO POOL AND A PON FARR BATTLE CAGE
>AFTER YOUR INTENSE WORKOUT YOU CALL OVER ADMIRAL FORREST USING SUBSPACE BEFORE GETTING INTO YOUR HYPERSLEEP EXPANSE STASIS BIOBEDS AND PACKING YOUR MOUTH TO THE BRIM WITH TRIP'S FLORIDA FRESH PECAN PIE FOLLOWED SHORTLY AFTERWARDS BY ALDEBERAN MUD LEECH ENEMAS JUST AS THE TRELLIUM-D KICKS IN AS YOU LISTEN TO ZEPHRAM COCHRANE AND ADMIRAL GARDENER HYPOTHESIZE THAT THE BORG = ALIENS AND THE ARK OF THE COVENANT IS HIDDEN ON TAU CETI
DUDE AWW SHUCKS LMAO
DUDE PHASED ION CANNONS LITERALLY ENCRUSTED WITH TRITANIUM AND DUNKED IN OSMIUM ALLOY FIRING OFF OF THE SAUCER SECTION COLONEL GREEN STYLE
>"AMBASSADOR SOVAL, JUST END IT ALL, I THINK YOU ARE A WORTHLESS VULCAN AND I HATE YOU, BUT COME BACK ON SUBSPACECAST SO I CAN BLOW YOU THE FUCK OUT OF THE QUADRANT YET AGAIN AND REDUCE YOU TO GREEN JELLY"
>"TUH POL” BEARER, JUST TAKE THE EASY WAY OUT. YOUR MAPS ARE OVER. IT'S TIME FOR THE PHASER OVERLOAD RETIREMENT PLAN"
Johnathan Archer, 2015
>YOU ARE NOW PICTURING CAPTAIN ARCHER NAKED ON TOROTHAS PLAYING GESKANA AND HYPERVENTILATING IN THE DESERT
Brought to you by B&B Productions©
cue the Perfect Strangers theme

Well, we can forgive you this time since you came back heavy, but...

Um... hate to break it to you, Chauncy, but it was always an Enterprise thread.

Pay attention.

Forgot pic

I hate this episode. I can't stand little bitches. Like in Blair Witch. Suck it up and die well.

>Executive Producer
>Rick Berman

Based NX-01 Destroys a Borg Ship.

eh.

I'm most of the way through S2 right now and archers characterization seems shaky at times. In the end he always ends up being right because it's fucking Star Trek but some of his decisions seem to me a little more deus ex machina than logical for his character. It's nothing major but sometimes it really drags me out of the moment. Good series though, I really like the interactions between High Command and Starfleet. T'pols super dry wise cracking is a nice touch. She does a great job and gives off some real Spock vibes. I thought it was at errible theme song. But I've come a long way.

Yeah but are the space zealots ever anything but retarded? Are the real space jews anything but underhanded tricksters who subvert other cultures from within? Do the feminists always get BTFO? It was pretty great IMO and for star trek, """red pilled""" as fuck. The real lesson of DS9 is that Cardassia did nothing wrong and O'brien had a hard life. Oh and mirror Jadziah is hot as fuck.

>it's a slave auction episode

Notice, however, those futuristic frosted light bulbs, tho, lol.

That was queer.

I blame that fag, Data.

Yeah. And Coto, too.

Malcolm is my favourite character by so far.
He just wants to get things done. He's the voice of me yelling at my screen to just FUCKING SHOOT THE ENERGY GHOST. His whole fatalist thing is great. He just wants to go down like a brave stoic bong officer while simultaneously gushing about it.
Nothing ever goes right for him without getting to O'brien tiers of almost comic misery.

Trip meanwhile just seems to walk around ballsing things up into working and falling into alien pussy.

The one time Malcolm tries to get some sweet alien 'tang it's a trap and he gets locked in a basement for days.

Well they made up for it by casting Leslie Nielsen and the guy who played Rojan from TOS' "By Any Other Name".

I like him, too. Interesting character. Seeing his parents, it was easier to understand how he ticks.

He got more merit badges than Archer, and although he never really got on with T'Pol, at least he boned Ruby before Tucker did.

The show is surprisingly ok despite having one of the worst casts in Star Trek history. Trip is arguably the only likeable character in the whole show. Also the temporal cold war shit was retarded.

Last I checked Odo was on DSP, not Enterprise.

>lad
>laddie
>laddiebuck

Is it still 'talk like a pirate' day on your island

>Would Forbidden Planet qualify as "Lovecraftian"?
It's literally The Tempest. By Shakespeare.

I think it was a great cast. And Tucker was my favorite. Probably because we have a lot in common..

Leave the Somali alone.

I liked Travis, and wish they would have developed him a little more beyond his two episodes.
In all of fucking star trek if the cast isn't a token alien, they're all from earth, with the exception of Rape Gangs. But I like the idea of colonists and spacers being in the early starfleet.

Archer is a schizophrenic jerk.
T'Pol is a boring as bitch
Malcolm is a stuck up depressing ass
Literally no one remembers Mayweather
Sato is a diversity hire because they needed a retard in the crew
>(((Phlox)))

So that leaves us with two good characters, Trip and Porthos.

No Forbidden Planet isn't Lovecraftian it's a sci-fi adaptation of William Shakespeare's "The Tempest". Lovecraftian is existential terror at the realization of humanity's insignificance on a cosmic scale, The Tempest is about the mystical being replaced with a "brave new world" of science.

>talking shit about best doc
>mfw

I really liked this one, and kida wished they would have taken her with them, but I understood that doing so would probably have tied her too closely to Archer, and more or less ruined the game. Well, they could have somehow lost, or reassigned her later on, which could have been interesting, but still.

I'd rather have a whole show of the Andy Dick hologram doctor than Phlox.

My osmotic eel should help cleanse your system of all that pleb.

This is the worst Star Trek thread I've seen since last night where two people argued for 250 posts about Islam in a Star Trek Discovery thread.

You posted a smug picture like I was using Lovecraftian authoritatively. That's why I asked.

This guy agreed it is so I'm telling you both, it's not.

ENT > VOY

One of my favorite aliens in the series was the Xindi, Gralik Durr. His interactions with Archer was one of the high points of season 3. A very powerful prformance.

Picard > Kirk > Janeway > Sisko > Archer

Well that's a really low bar to set.

that's not in dispute it's just that every Star Trek series other than VOY > ENT

I never agreed it was so start explaining why Lovecraft elements are not represented through the Monsters of the Id.

Only you are upset about this but yet you offer no reasons so you are dismissed until further notice...

Set course for DIVERSITY

I lost respect for Hoshi after that.

But at least we know now that they aren't Klingons.

ENT finishes up a great Xindi arc with Archer randomly going back in time to space alien nazis.

Why did you ever have respect for that down syndrome tard?

>no mirror universe TNG

I fucking told you here

>Lovecraftian is existential terror at the realization of humanity's insignificance on a cosmic scale, The Tempest is about the mystical being replaced with a "brave new world" of science.

The monster of Id isn't some giant ancient comparatively to man, god-like alien such as Cthulhu or Azathoth that cause mental breakdowns in people when they gleen their existence. It was just a manifestation of subconscious hostility given form by a scientific machine. It has nothing to do with Lovecraftian themes.