THE BATMAN: Ben Affleck Wants Out Altogether

JUST

>On the latest episode of Collider Movie Talk, host John Campea stated he has heard from three separate sources involved with Warner Bros. over the last four days that Affleck is looking to leave the role of Batman. Along with a warning to take what he’s heard with a grain of salt, Campea said: “Ben Affleck, make no mistake, he wants out. He doesn’t want to be Batman anymore.”

>Campea went on to say his sources tell him Affleck is in discussions with Warner Bros. to get out of his deal to continue playing the character, which includes THE BATMAN, but if a deal cannot be reached in time, the solo film will be the last appearance he makes as the character.

screenrant.com/batman-ben-affleck-leaving-role/

He never should have had it in the first place. Awful choice

Lol what with the shit that was BvS and SS DC is just handing it to Marvel.

What a faggot

HANG IN THERE BEN

>The only thing mainstream audiences liked about BvS was Batfleck
>He's jumping ship

Just fuck my franchise up

Is DC DOA?

Batfleck was best bat. Retire the character.

How will he pay alimony after Warner takes all his money with a lawsuit?

If that's true I hope he kills himself.

theyre gonna kill bats in the batman?

>WHO IS SLADE?
>WHO IS SLADE?
>WHO IS SLADE?

Clickbait has finally jumped the shark

Anyone thats saying theres no anti-DC bias in the media is lying

Are you saying it's dead and they should bury it?

>another batman reboot inc
top kek

he knows WB just can't handle these properties right, he's getting Daredevil flashbacks

Tough shit, you can't play the Bat that well and then bitch out.

At least get Karl Urban to play him if he does.

Desperate lmao

This is going to blow up into a Blade-tier shitstorm

Which Marvel character could he play?

AND IF A TEN TON TRUCK
FUCKS MY SHIT UP

Fuck cinematic universes. Make a new standalone with pic related

Yeah I feel for him honestly. He probably thought this Batman role would be a sure thing for acclaim and money.

WBDC are so fucking incompetent LMAO

I understand he's pissed about rabid fans breathing outside his window as he sleeps but couldn't he at least wait until Flashpoint? It'd be perfect "in-universe" excuse to recast all the roles.

What if they made kino reeves "the batman"?
At least he could pull off all those action sequences cuz kino ain't no puss

But you only get to do it once so they had better make it count.

just let disney make the DC movies

it worked out for Sony with Spiderman

Nighthawk. Would be Marvel's first great villain.

He does have acclaim and money. After this NO ONE will care if he's alive or dead. Forget directing more movies.

get your laughs in but you know this will blow over and things will be fine again, Ben's not going to just up and leave like that.

>Breaking: Zack Snyder will take over the responsibilities of playing Batman

He planned this all along

I could see it working.

if its true it might just be for health reasons
he's not exactly been good to his body
suddenly going all /fit/ for a movie couldn't have been good

he must have very little confidence in Justice League then.

True. Affleck would have a hard time finding work by screwing the WB.

He saw an early screening of Justice League.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA DC is finished!

Just fucking end all the DC movies and restart with characters they've never used. Close out the current universe but when you reboot, don't touch the classics, dont use superman or batman. Go obscure

Do a Zatanna movie, a martian Manhunter movie, hawkman/girl. Getting fucking weird, dig deep and build the universe over again and then do batman and superman and stuff later. You're souring the public image of these characters. KNOCK IT OFF

Honestly, Zack has the physique and looks down. Wonder why he never got into acting...

>After this NO ONE will care if he's alive or dead. Forget directing more movies.

Maybe rabid Snyderfags but no, that isn't true at all. People will probably praise him for getting away from WB and snyder. As far directing he lost privilege when his last movie bombed so horribly

WB isn't the only distribution company out there, but it's certainly a blow. but if he's willing to take the risk then that says a lot.

DC should just stop making movies altogether. Give Batman a break for at least two decades.

So, which Arkham would you lads say is the best? I say Asylum, but my friend says City.

He reportedly has a standard three-picture contract. So he's eligible to leave after "The Batman".

Isn't that exactly what they're doing with the DC-CW shows?

TIME FOR A BLACK BATMAN

I don't blame him, that entire DCCU project has just been a huge fucking corporate driven trainwreck.

Karl Urban would be a great Batman.

If true he's basically admitting Justice League will be another disaster.

I'd say City. It was to The Dark Knight what Asylum was to Batman Begins

DCucks on suicide watch

THANAGAR'D

fucking kekd.

this two-parter was really good though.

The silver lining is this will force them to write in Dick Grayson.

I feel bad for his son.Imagine being Affleck coming home after quitting one of the coolest gigs in hollywood and telling yoru son his dad is no longer batman.

hoolllllyyyy fuck this is amazing

will there be a bigger JUST in history if he leaves?

BREAKING NEWS! Adults don't care about capeshit!

>aww dad thank god you left. the DCEU movies were a travesty

Has Justice League actually been screened yet?

will there be a bigger fuck up in hollywood if he leaves? The DCEU has to be the biggest disaster in hollywood.

zach when did you learn to read?

BEAKED

Its probably a mix between the DCEU being shit and the amount of time he's forced to work on these movies. I feel bad for the guy, Id be pissed too if I tried to promote projects and all people would ask me is "So what about Batman?"

A rough cut was shown to producers -which includes Affleck - The weekend preceding his announcement of no longer writing or directing the movie.

So realistically, when could WB hard reboot with new actors, universe, everything, post JL bomb?

maybe that's why DC flopped since children don't like their brand of capeshit.

Is this a JUST for DC, Snyder or Affleck? All three?

merely coincidental, probbly

It's quite obvious this is happening because they took him off the director seat. This is someone who has directed an Oscar nominated movie, you don't hurt his ego like that and not expect repercussions.

Marvel can do this only because they got so much goodwill and attention for making good movies with recognizable super heroes.

You can't just go to the obscure stuff if people already think you're a joke.

EAT SHIT BENFAGS, CASEY IS THE COOL BROTHER NOW

IF Affleck leaves, it doesn't make much sense to do the rest of the current DCEU slate. They would probably reboot and try to do it right this time.

Mainly DC. It's a smart move on Affleck's part

He quit. He's burned-out. Capeshit was a mistake for him.

I think he's overestimating how good of a director he actually is. Stick to capeshit Ben, because after Live By Night nobody wants to watch your little fan films.

Seriously want went wrong, did 2016 really take that big of a toll on him

>Marvel is already hyping their biggest movie which won't come out until late 2018 and it will make 2.5 billions at least
>meanwhile solo movies are critically praised, the marvel rape train running on auto while they keep setting up the movie of the century

>DC is an absolute fucking mess, directors walking out left and right, and now actors wanting out
>next movie to come out already rumored to be awful
Jesus it's not even fair at this point

Come to think about it, kicking out the new and improved DC Cinematic Universe with a Zatanna movie would be kinda awesome.

I get the sense that this was sort of a lifelong dream for him, that he's been into Batman since he was young, and probably came up admiring the role and some of the actors that played him.

Then he got his shot, and unfortunately it's in the hands of an incompetent studio and a garbage director. Fucking Monkey's Paw shit.

KEKOO'D

This would be terrible if it happens but I'm 99% sure this is fake news. Snyder's got a deep multilayered plan for the DCEU and "Justice League" will show the critics how wrong there were to judge it. You don't judge a cake that's only half-done baking, so why judge a trilogy 2/3rds of the way through?

Casting him as Batman was a mistake but getting him just as director of The Batman would have been better they should have started with The Batman in 2013 directed by affleck with another actor as Bats. Then do Man of Steel then BvS. Then Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman then Justice League.

Then we start phase 2 of the DCEU

The Batman 2
Man of Steel 2
Wonder Woman 2
The Flash 2
Aquaman 2
Green Lantern
Justice League 2

etc you get the idea.

Thats what I mean, WHEN? 2 year wait? I want this universe scrapped and start fresh

So.

Where are the "marvel pajeet" posters now?

But they got a Jewess to play Wonder Woman! How could the DCU possibly fail this badly?

All of them
>DC
>Fucked up so bad with retarded executives choices that not even iconic and popular characters can save more than half the invesment they originally made

>Affleck
>Play one of the most iconic comic book character ever, mixed reception but the rest of the work was brutally panned by critics and the earnings were mediocre at best, get a chance at directing but realize these executives are just souless hacks with no talent whatsoever

>Snyder
>Be such a massive hack that even with all the superhero craze and using such recognizable characters you shit out two really underwhelming and ultimately bad flicks that not even shitposters can help appreciate

The greedy jews couldn't wait so they chose to skip all that and jump to Justice League.

>another joker attempt at not being Heath while also trying to be Heath
Can't wait

FROM THE ASHES OF BEN, CASEY WILL RISE

Because its 2/3 shit so far.

>*leans over*
"well hot diggity dog, did someone say there's an opening for BATMAN?"

Well WB needs to see how JL does. If it's meh then they will likely putting a hard reboot plan into effect, if they are smart they are already pre-planning it just in case.

>you can't judge the franchise until you have 10 movies to tell the whole "masterful story"

fuck off

STICC

Reed? he seem good with smart type