>Name a more heartbreaking film
Protip: you can't

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=edelWaQ1bng
youtube.com/watch?v=TOsJasWO_Jc
youtube.com/watch?v=Npo6xSOXzi0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Check and mate, pal.

Synedoche is depressing. Eternal Sunshine is heartbreaking.

Also Eternal Sunshine is just straight up more accessible. I love Synedoche, but the average person is going to have no fucking idea what it means and thus not be moved by it at all. Anyone who's been through a breakup and the process of trying to move on can connect with Sunshine.

get in line you happy fucking shits

If your heart doesn't break a minimum of three times during Synecdoche, you either weren't paying attention or you're a psychopathic reptilian alien.

No other film visually describes the process of trying to move on from a significant relationship better than this movie does. It's such a fucking achievement.

fuck. welp, guess i gotta watch this tomorrow now.

Go watch Requiem for a Dream

Lilja 4 Ever

Edgy =/= heartbreaking

Fucking this. I legit balled.

My only wish is that I could start anew or forget everything. Fuck you for reminding me OP ;_;

>first time watching: "that was really good, pretty sad"

>next time watching after you've fallen in love & its over: "jesus fucking christ i want to die."

Really? You'd really forget it all?

Bawled*, you stupid fucking inbred piece of garbage

Have fun watching Gosling getting completely fucked over.

Yeah pretty fucking much.

>when he finally comes to terms with the fact that it's all crashing down and there's nothing he can do to save it
>when they decide to fall back into their cycle even though they know it's doomed to fail and will only cause them more pain in the long run

Fuck man. It's so fucking real

It's difficult to feel bad when you are fapping at the climax of the movie.

>when they decide to fall back into their cycle even though they know it's doomed to fail and will only cause them more pain in the long run

i ask myself the same question, would I do it over again if I had the chance?

yes. yes i would.

it was the best four years of my life.

Tbqh I'd rather not. I was happy and learned so much along the way.
Well played user, you're good.

Movie hits like a motherfucker if you ever loved deeply and lost.

Why did she have to be such a bitch about it? She treated him like an anchor weighing her down when it was he who made a huge sacrifice by staying someone he kind of sort of just met with so much baggage. He also loved her for who she was and just wanted to be with her no matter how successful she was or wasn't. All she saw was how much in life she had to compromise in while it was all her fault to begin with

kaufman let too much of his autism come through in synedoche for it to be emotionally involving

He's never seen old yeller get put down after he gets hog-cut.

Right there with you anons. It's been four years and it still hurts. I don't think I'll ever truly get over her.

But I'd do it all again, no question.

Movie is overrated as heck. The mom's storyline is the only good thing about it. The race stuff is rushed and inconsequential and the prostitute stuff isn't horrible, but it's certainly nothing special or groundbreaking. It doesn't help that
>ASS TO ASS
is more funny than sad.

did you ever see her again?

it's been almost 2 years, and she wants nothing to do with me. My last words in her ear was "don't forget me".

she forgot me.

I don't buy that. Synecdoche didn't impact me much. Something about it that I can't quite put my finger on didn't work. Same with anomalisa. Kaufman is just too hit or miss for me.

You don't fucking understand the meaning of heartbreaking

Plebs, all of you. This is the true heartbreaker.

Blame auto correct. Still sadkino

I did. What happened after we broke up was arguably just as heartbreaking as the breakup itself.

Long story short:
>met our senior year of college
>fell madly in love
>had the time of our lives
>planned on moving to NYC together
>ended up having to move to LA for my career
>we tried to figure out a way to make it work, but it caused a rift we couldn't get over
>she started fucking her roommate to try to get over me, and eventually moved to NYC with him instead while I went to LA
>a year passes
>we randomly start talking again via text for some reason
>become friends again
>remember how well we get along, how natural and right it feels
>find out she's been having relationship problems with the roommate, and i still hadn't found anyone new either
>go to NYC for new years 2014 to see some friends
>meet up with her to get drinks and catch up
>end up spending the whole night together
>kissing passionately, cuddling close, just like old times
>have to leave the next day
>i'll never forget getting on the train and watching through the window as she cried on the platform
After that we realized we were both still in love with each other. We talked a lot about doing a long distance thing until one of us could move to the other's city, but time along with the guy she was seeing getting psuedo suicidal about it kind of pulled her away and there was nothing I could do. In the end when I asked her if I dropped everything and moved to new york that day, would she leave the other guy to be with me, she said no. That was one of the worst feelings I've ever experienced. It was just as bad as when we broke up the first time.

We still talk from time to time, but I have to make sure to keep it contained now because I know I can't trust myself with her ever again. I'll always have a piece of her, however small, that I just can't get rid of.

youtube.com/watch?v=edelWaQ1bng

Patricians choose Paris.

sorry to sound like a homo, but your story just made me cry

im in the middle of trying to move on, but at the same time, shes sending signals again, I dont know what to do anymore. She currently has a bf too. Its just too much...

fucking heartbreaking story user, i feel like similar would happen if me and her met up again, we almost did a mere 6 months after it was over, and she cancelled because of "short of cash", I think we both knew that was a lie.

We both knew we'd be falling in love again as soon as we met, I think part of her still knows this and it keeps her up at night just like it does for me.

>I'll always have a piece of her, however small, that I just can't get rid of.

that's the killer, why on earth would I want more small pieces from individual lovers, or is it always one small piece? I feel like it's always just going to be the one no matter how many future relationships I have.

Deep down I feel this is something I will carry forever.

Nothing homo about having emotions user. Feeling is healthy.

The worst part is, last night I made the mistake of going through our message history for some thread on /r9k/. Went through the whole thing, through the ups and the downs, all the way back to our very first conversation. It was honestly like OP's movie in real life. I haven't felt that hard in a long time. Now I'm just fucking empty.

This song started playing on my Spotify radio as I was reading. Sounds lame as hell but I really connected with it in that moment. I can't stop listening to it now.

youtube.com/watch?v=TOsJasWO_Jc

I want it to stop bros. I just want it to stop.

Dude, you're a fucking idiot

Not that user, all I can say: you are not the only one pal.
Hope we someday get what we needed, solace, peace or happiness.

This movie made absolutely no sense

Never Let Me Go

No shit dude. You think I don't know that? I can't control how I feel though.

It's hilarious watching morons like you shot yourselves in the foot over and over again

no...not stop

perspective will come

youtube.com/watch?v=Npo6xSOXzi0

I cried so hard I thought I was going to puke and die. Shouldn't have watched it after a terrible breakup.

The only movie to ever make the american landscape of freeways and flatlands look beautiful. Hardy Dean Stanton is criminally underused as a leading actor.

it made me feel really bad for being such a dick to my grandma sometimes.

you'll think you're smarter than us until you're faced with the same situation.

We all think "I can't fall for that, I know what's coming."

You don't.

Holy shit you idiots. When a girl you"love" goes and "moves on" by fucking the first person she can you need to run away and NEVER look back. If contacted act super confident and happy then tell the cunt you're busy, hang up and ignore her for good. Don't post random social media faggot shit just cut the bitch out fo your life and tell yourself it was all a lie since that's what it was ans she never truly "loved" you despite saying so... Hell maybe she even thought she loved you it turns out she didn't know what that even meant which is why your relationship turned to shit on a dime due to her choices and lack of confiding in her significant other...

In the same situation rn, worst part is that it's all my fault. Every time I try to take my mind off her and move on, I end up just thinking about her more. It didn't even end with a bang, it just dropped off. I want to talk to her, but I can't. I just can't face it

Melodramatic bullshit for normies that hasn't aged well at all. I can't watch it without laughing at the absurdity of it all and the high school FX work.

Wanna know how I know you've never been in a real relationship?

Nah you just suffer from being a beta bitch lacking the self awareness to know when to move on from a problem that cannot be fixed. While your girl was flirting and fucking as soon as possible and probably while you were still "together" you were doing nothing but being a bitch while obsessed with only her.

Went into this expecting some good film talk but I wasn't ready for the feels. I dated a girl for 3 years and was absolutely head over heels for her, it crashed and ended horribly and sure you'll have that "piece" of them but the thing about it if you're reading this and feel that way is there will always be somebody better, and it's important to not hold that ex-lover to such a high pedestal because memories make you look back with rose-tinted glasses. There will be someone that makes you just as happy, if not more. Just have to let yourself be willing to go through it all.

tl;dr high risk/reward
won't know if the grass is greener if you stay in the house

Brokeback Mountain

>I have no response
>let me project

Now you're projecting.

This is good comedy user, keep going.

>>she started fucking her roommate
>with the guy she was seeing getting psuedo suicidal about it
Retard.

Well, you could stop talking to her, that would probably help. Delete her number from your phone and facebook would be the first step, then telling her to "fuck off" literally next time she calls or texts to break it off conclusively. Next step would probably be to make yourself more available. If your job doesn't allow for much social interaction with available women, then consider picking up a social hobby like bowling, bike riding, surfing, fan conventions, etc.

At this rate you're going to keep crawling back to her feet to lick her boot every time she calls which is exactly what she wants. But if that's your thing then the least you can do is stop bellyaching about it

This user here and yeah that's definitely true to a point - I've had relationships since breaking up with the girl in question, one which was just as serious and that I thought might even end up being the girl I married, but when we broke up it was still nothing like what it was like to lose ""the"" girl (quotes because obviously the idea of their being one ""the girl"" is stupid. more or less using it for lack of a better term.) I rarely ever think about that second serious relationship at all anymore, but for whatever reason I keep going back to that one girl. I absolutely believe there are other people out there I will meet and hopefully get along with and have serious relationships with, but that doesn't change the fact that a part of me will always belong to her, no matter what I do.

Has this officially become a Valentine's Day feels thread?

>tell her to "fuck off" to break it off conclusively
That's what I did when we broke up. We didn't talk for a full year after that. It didn't change anything.

I don't hate her. I think she's a good person who has some unfortunate attachment and mental heath issues that make her terrified of being alone, which is why she jumps from one relationship to the next without ever spending any time single. Real relationships are waaay more black and white than "she fucked someone else after you broke up, tell her to fuck off and never think about her again."

Nah man, you're just feeling that right now because you're still not over her. It changes man trust me, after about a year of dating and having break-ups that didn't compare to """her""" I just took some time to myself and focused more on myself, which did wonders for my life and now I'm single but I definitely have feelings like when I was with her just through having casual conversations with a girl I'm chatting up with. There's no real set standard for time it takes to get over someone that important to you but trust me, you'll feel that way again, it's just a matter of time and patience with a sprinkle of self reflection

Oh god, I didn't even realize that this was the reason for all the crying.

The only reason Valentine's Day sucks is because of all the single people crying about how unloved and unwanted they are or "the one that got away"

**less black and white

Can we feel together?

He raises the other dude's kid, she never loved him this nigga was a rebound guy that lasted to long and she broke his hear like 7 years too late

I hate people like you.

You honestly believe you're the only one's that have ever felt this way and everyone telling you to get over yourself has never "experienced true love" I'm sorry those people actually decided to learn from the past instead of continuing to dwell in it like you.

>she jumps from one relationship to the next without ever spending any time single
>I think she's a good person

Yeah, you're definitely retard. You got played by some slut that you were dumb enough to fall for and will forever remain on her leash as she'll always call you up when she's feeling lonely to make you her emotional tampon and get that little extra needed boost to her fragile ego. Hell, maybe in 10 years when she's lost her youth and looks and has a bastard in tow, you'll be the insuranc... guy to man up and help secure her financial security so you have the privilege of fucking her used up cunt once a month as she's already getting satisfied on the side by someone else before divorcing you and taking every last dime you have.

That's surely much better than simply going out and dating for the fun of it until you find somebody new. You deserve everything you get

As a guy with parents who separated when i was a child, this fucked me up so hard.

This was depressing when I was a fucking sophomore in high school, it's more edgy than anything.

WHY IS THE GOSS GETTING HIS FUCKING HEART BROKEN IN EVERY MOVIE

>You honestly believe you're the only one's that have ever felt this way and everyone telling you to get over yourself has never "experienced true love"
Never said any of that. Look, clearly you've been very hurt by someone and chose to deal with it in a different way. If deciding to absolutely hate a person you once cared about is the only way for you to move on, then more power to you. I'm not judging you for that, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't judge me.

You know nothing about the specifics of my relationship, the breakup, or anything that's happened since.
>You got played by some slut that you were dumb enough to fall for and will forever remain on her leash
is some of the worst projecting I've ever seen. Like I said, real relationships are much more complicated than "she's a fucking slut bitch because she slept with someone else when you broke up." It's your prerogative if you choose to demonize the other person in order to move on. That's not how I'm doing it.

I just got done watching La La Land and now I want to die.
Eternal Sunshine was worse for me, but I still feel like shit now.
Why didn't they get back together?

You are so fucking pathetic. It's genuinely sad and your over use the term "projecting" shows, yet again, your total lack of self awareness. Sort your shit out and go look in god damn mirror.

Yeah, La La Land made me want to end myself. I can't tell you how many times I've replayed the relationship happening "the right way" just like they did at the end.

That's the first and only time in this thread I used the term "projecting," and that's exactly what you were and still are doing. I mean look at how fucking mad your'e getting right now over a situation you know nothing about. That's fucking textbook, bro. If anyone here is dealing with their problems in an unhealthy way, it's you. Get some help.

Using it at all is too much and we are different anons responding to your bullshit... No self awareness... You should work on that.

Nice strawman. This """"argument"""" is over.

People are nowhere near as complex you make them out to be, user. Neither you or I and especially not any women.

I was hurt once but after separating myself from the moment and taking a step back from everything, I saw how she always reveled in the attention other men brought her and created as much drama as possible as she could because she thieved on it. She wasn't a bad person either, and I'm sure she didn't even know what she was doing herself, but thinking of the guy that came before me and the one that came after, I realized that's how her brain operated. To be fair, I still think about her every now and then and appreciate the times we shared but I be lying if I said I'd do it all over again knowing what I know now.

You're just a little polyp that loves wallowing in their misery and letting everyone else know it as you consider it an extension of yourself. If you're so bound and determined to live life that why then please do, just don't subject the rest of us to your obnoxious self-pity

this guy knows

jim carrey reminds me of onision, both ostensibly comedic figures but actually really creepy & bad

People are absolutely complex, and the way they relate to each other is infinitely moreso. To say other wise is fucking retarded. And who's forcefully subjecting anyone else to their self pity? Look where you fucking are: a thread about sad movies on the day before Valentines day. An user asked me about it, so I told him. It was you jaded motherfuckers who came out of the woodwork and started subjecting people to your bullshit. Every person is different and every relationship is different. Just because you experienced something and dealt with it one way does not mean it applies universally. Stop trying to make it seem like your experiences are the end all be all.

If relationships are infinitely complex and different then why do we so many relate to the common themes in this movie?

>shallow normiebait
>heartbreaking

Everyone can relate to the broad themes of love, loss, and moving on. It's the specifics of each relationship that vary wildly from one another.

wasn't asking to be snide or anything, I'm just genuinely curious as a comms major of other people's opinions on the matter
couldn't you technically compare a relationship to let's say a cup of microwaveable noodles, sure they're all in styrofoam cups and have the dust packets, but is one specific dust packet worth obsessing over and worth stating it's special when most people have had a cup of ramen and know what it tastes like?

This.

I don't think it's that simple. I don't know if there's really a good comparison to make to it, but I think it would be more apt to use something along the lines of music. Plenty of people have experienced and enjoyed the genre of hip hop, but when you get down to the specifics peoples opinions vary drastically. Someone might love Kanye, others might love Notorious, or POS or Run the Jewels or even fucking Macklemore. They all like hip hop, but their specific experiences can still be drastically different. It's not the best comparison but I think it kind of gets the point across.

An user who was in a serious relationship and got cheated on is going to react very differently to a story about someone still being in love with an an ex than an user who's relationship ended because of moving for work, or growing apart, or hell even just losing interest in each other. There are so many different variables that dictate how we as individuals react to something as complex as human relationships and especially something as messy as "love."

To get so absolutely buttblasted and triggered like the anons above did using only their own experiences as a frame of reference and having no knowledge of anything I experienced is shortsighted as fuck. Clearly they've been really hurt by someone and chose to deal with it in their own way, so that's their call. But to claim that their way is the only way is just straight retarded.

>never fell in love
>never experienced a heartbreak
Feels good man. For now.

We'll be waiting

can you help explain more of what it means? i watched it once and found it moving, but i found it hard to understand. i just got big feelings of decay, loss, abandonment, death process

Honestly that's mostly what I got out of it too. It's a super dense movie with a lot to process. People here will give me shit but the YMS videos on the movie are actually decently insightful even if the guy himself is insufferable. It's definitely a movie you need to watch multiple times to really be able to absorb.

you dont ask her would she leave the guy if you went to her. you go to new york and tell her! you're on Sup Forums have you not seen A movie?

>got my first girlfriend a month ago
>spent yesterday with her for valentines day.
>Know we're going to inevitably break up and hate the day.

Not that user but I can take a hit at it.
Synechdoche is blankets more than just loss of love, it branches into all forms of loss, the inevitability of your life and how the passing of time isn't necessarily something we can control and the film just does an amazing job of making you feel insignificant in the grander scheme of things. A lot of films tend to "paint a portrait" in very vibrant colors so when you finish it you tend to have some good vibes or a feeling of understanding. Synechdoche's color palette comes from all the harsh realities of life and doesn't try to tell you a sweet lie but rather a truth of life. Time passes on, you grow old, your life and the people you love may not go the ways you want them to.

Sounds like you're the one assblasted responding to ever post and talking about "love" while making gay little nonsensical rap song comparisons to real life situations

Cry more bitch boy, I can see why she left you

Doing this in real life guarantees you being called a mentally ill creep

/thread

Not a single tear was shed.

Brother was a dumbass who couldn't suck it up and deal with the aunt being a bitch. Also waited too long to get the money.