*taxes your path*

*taxes your path*

*shits

what will he die of first?
being an unhealthy fatass or old age?

*cums sand*

What is this taxes meme?

>shits brown water

>Ruling is hard. This was maybe my answer to Tolkien, whom, as much as I admire him, I do quibble with. Lord of the Rings had a very medieval philosophy: that if the king was a good man, the land would prosper. We look at real history and it's not that simple. Tolkien can say that Aragorn became king and reigned for a hundred years, and he was wise and good. But Tolkien doesn't ask the question: What was Aragorn's tax policy? Did he maintain a standing army? What did he do in times of flood and famine? And what about all these orcs? By the end of the war, Sauron is gone but all of the orcs aren't gone – they're in the mountains. Did Aragorn pursue a policy of systematic genocide and kill them? Even the little baby orcs, in their little orc cradles?

What did you expect watching two episodes of one of the dullest franchise in the history of tv franchises. Seriously each episode following Daenerys and her wyvern pals as they fight assorted shitlords has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when GRRM vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; he made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody. Just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for his books which he will never finish before dying of fat. The GoT series might be anti-Tolkien (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-fantasy series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "dies."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several hundred times. I was incredulous. GRRM's mind is so governed by cliches and literal shit metaphors that he has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of GoT by a Redditor. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading GRRM at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on Reddit." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "GoT" you are, in fact, trained to be a Redditor.

an years old quote from martin where he talks about how tolkiens world is unrealistic

one of the examples he gives is "what was aragorns tax policy?"

its been getting posted on here to trigger people for years but for some reason really picked up in the last few days (most likely a single dedicated autist trying to force it as a meme in order to take his mind off how hes alone on valentines day yet again)

You're a bitch whore!

Redditor shitskins is all you need to know

Why does George think that people give a shit about taxes in fantasy novels?

impressive autism

he's obviously taking a piss at the tolkien babbies who get autistic fits whenever someone criticises their god.

The Lord of the Rings is a great story, but the Silmarillion has some severely lacking material.

its also connected to the tolkien/lotr threads we have had alot of recently

>The Lord of the Rings is a great story
LOTR is trash just like ASOIAF

Nice filters pussy

What is Bane's tax policy?

fuck off from Sup Forums then

Now that I think about it, what the duck was Baratheon's tax policy?

he didn't have one, that's why everyone loved him and the country went to shit

You've been in the bathroom almost an hour, the boss wants to see you in his office.

(u)

We're all very impressed by how seriously you take posting on an online mongolian image board.

SAFESPACED

lazy word-swapping on that pasta.

3/10, best I can do

>that frantic, rehearsed clicking
>not using 4chanX
No one uses a computer like that. You're pathetic.

Why did you filter deh?

Get some fucking taste

/lit/ has shit taste, prove otherwise

this is like those top movie rankings including pulp fiction and 2001 that people make to pretend they know shit, but in reverse

atheism was the original red pill you fucktard

it's very painful

hothead

go back to plebbit
and stay out

How new are you? Please be honest. Atheism was a huge thing on Sup Forums before the fedora meme even took off.

littlefinger go borrow more money and then hide that it's borrowed so the crown becomes bankrupt shortly after I die

Tolkien, unlike this huge cuck, released his magnus opus as complete work. His was overrun by a tv show. Not even manga authors do that, they retain creative freedom, work at their own pace, and let tv people worry about fillers. He did not do that. He let an army of scenarists dictate the direction the plot would go. He let his child of thought and sweat be raped and whored around by hollywood, and he stood by, opened his zipper, and stroked his cock watching it.

>“There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Can someone give me a quick rundown on this guy?

>people don't understand a meme, think it's super srs and go overboard with it
>everyone else gets sick of it
>opposite meme gains traction to balance it out
>opposite meme becomes dominant
>people don't understand opposite meme, think it's super serious and go overboard with it
I see now

It's "a" year, not "an". It goes by pronounciation. Year starts with "j", which is a consonant.

i agree with everything on that list except for slaughterhouse five, fuck that SHIT

kek

taxposting is shaping up to be the hottest meme of the first quarter!

growth rate is too high, the market is going to crash in weeks

>nameposting
Reddit.

Why the fuck do you even come to Sup Forums?

Fucking retard. Maybe reddit is more to your liking.

>The Lord of the Rings is a great story, but the Silmarillion has some severely lacking material.

>literally a bunch of notes that JRR Tolkien's son released years after his death, which were never intended for publication

What a surprise.

> it's a morning poster episode

you should see what we endure overnight m8

>someone else besides me knows about Tragedy&Hope
>i r not alone

>"tolkien was a stupid head that didn't understand taxes and farming policies"
>proceeds to write a quarter million words about dinners and feasts

And if Preston is to be believed, half the cast suffering from mind control. Because that's a Shamalamadingdong level twist that only a true master of storytelling could come up with.

Except most of what he filters is reddit posting. Redditors only come here to spam memes because that's what they think Sup Forums is about. If you ever see somebody defending shitposting as "real Sup Forums culture" then there's a 99.99% chance they're from reddit. Meanwhile, actual Sup Forums posters have been using filters to remove trash and shitposting for most of a decade. I still have tripcodes in my filter list that probably haven't posted on Sup Forums in 7+ years.

If you filter anything you don't understand this site at all and don't belong here and should be on a different website