SHANE BLACK'S PREDATOR Plot Details

>30 years after the events of THE PREDATOR and PREDATOR 2, Lieutenant Quinn McKenna (Boyd Holbrook) is the leader of an elite team of Special Forces operatives. During a covert misson in Cuba to assassinate a drug lord, Quinn and his team happen upon a seemingly dead Predator in the wreckage of a crashed spaceship, and Quinn retrieves a piece of the alien's technology, which he sends to his estranged son Rory McKenna (Jacob Tremblay), an autistic savant who lives with Quinn's ex-wife in the suburbs, unaware of what it truly is.

>Quinn and his unit are later captured by CIA agent John Traeger (Sterling K. Brown), the leader of a secret department investigating alien activity on Earth and particularly the Predator's previous appearances in South America and Los Angeles. While they are being interrogated by Traeger, the Predator awakens and escapes to retrieve the stolen technology, and Quinn and Traeger begrudgingly join forces to reach the Rory and the piece first.

>Quinn and Traeger are aided by Quinn's team and Casey Beckett (Olivia Munn), a Berkeley University professor affiliated with Traeger's organization and specialized in Evolutionary Biology. Against them are not only the fugitive Predator, but also a ragtag team of Army lunatics, monstrous hybrids, alien hounds and a ten feet tall genetically enhanced monster known as "Predator 2.0".

avpgalaxy.net/2017/02/13/predator-synopsis-leaks-online/

That sounds like shit, wtf Shane

Also was Predator 2 not set in the future?

>Holbrook, Tremblay, Munn
wtf

>SK Brown
actual talent

> Olivia Munn), a Berkeley University professor affiliated with Traeger's organization and specialized in Evolutionary Biology.

>monstrous hybrids, alien hounds and a ten feet tall genetically enhanced monster known as "Predator 2.0"
>all in a random suburb
(lol

Predator JUST went full retard.

>Also was Predator 2 not set in the future?

yes. the movie takes place in 1997.

Wasn't it like 1997?

>Casey Beckett (Olivia Munn)

jesus christ, why?
why not cast a real actress?

>considers aliens vs predator and predators to be noncanon
>includes an autistic character
>predator trying to retrieve technology before humans reverse engineer it, harkening back to 2005 video game predator: concrete jungle
>an array of comic book like monsters

kino confirmed?

I trust shane black to not fuck it up. he's a cool dude and decent director.

>there are already shills for this film

>hey, I found part part of a crashed space ship on my super secret black op in Cuba, better send it to my retarded underaged son
Like father, like son

>autistic savant
>sending alien tech home to your son after you pick it up on a covert wet works operation
>Olivia Munn as an Evolutionary Biologist to help against an Alien
>a ragtag team of Army lunatics, monstrous hybrids, alien hounds and a ten feet tall genetically enhanced monster known as "Predator 2.0".

At least people might finally give Predators the credit it deserves.

n1

> an autistic savant
so a Sup Forums poster

>During a covert misson in Cuba to assassinate a drug lord
>not setting the movie a bit in the past and making it one of the assassination attempts against Castro

It'd be pretty funny and cool to see one of the countless assassination attempts Castro actually having failed because of a random alien on safari deciding that the assassins looked like interesting prey, just like all the other times something saved Castro.

> a ragtag team of Army lunatics, monstrous hybrids, alien hounds and a ten feet tall genetically enhanced monster known as "Predator 2.0".

>monstrous hybrids, alien hounds and a ten feet tall genetically enhanced monster known as "Predator 2.0"

That sounds like shit, they've done the Alpha Predator shit before and it sucked then

That sound horrible

It does take place in 1997, but dont they have futuristic stuff in it?

>"Predator 2.0"

>not disregarding Predator 2 like it was supposed to

D.R.O.P.P.E.D.

Just wacky guns.

They can just set this in a slighty off-quilter world where 1997 L.A. was a crime-ridden dystopia.

This is the only good thing that can come out of this shit.

I'm getting to old for this shit

sure, just take a look at her gun.

Pretty sure it's not supposed to be an Alpha Predator, just a human experiment gone terribly wrong.

It's supposed to be 5 minutes into the future or whatever that trope is called

as long as you don't look at her terrible acting

>Quinn and Traeger are aided by Quinn's team and Casey Beckett (Olivia Munn), a Berkeley University professor affiliated with Traeger's organization and specialized in Evolutionary Biology. Against them are not only the fugitive Predator, but also a ragtag team of Army lunatics, monstrous hybrids, alien hounds and a ten feet tall genetically enhanced monster known as "Predator 2.0".

This is the worst shit I've ever read lmao

Didn't the guns just have laser sights stuck on?

I've never even considered that they were supposed to be futuristic, only tacticool.

>Against them are not only the fugitive Predator, but also a ragtag team of Army lunatics, monstrous hybrids, alien hounds and a ten feet tall genetically enhanced monster known as "Predator 2.0".

>ten feet tall genetically enhanced monster known as "Predator 2.0"

Oh comon.
This just screams bullshit.

Isn't Predator 2 set in the future?

well predator2 was released 1990 and takes place in 1997. pretty sure people didn't expect 'futuristic stuff'.

>known as "Predator 2.0"

Has any character in the movies even called them a "Predator" in the first place?

Remember when Shane said Predators wouldn't be taken into account because his movie was set in the present day and not the future?

I haven't had faith in him since then, really. You can't trust a man who thought Predators was set in the future.

he thinks that predators is shit and his movie is gonna ignore it.
that's all that matters.

>predators is shit
I really really like this meme.

Christ all you need to do is stick a Predator in an interesting environment, stick him in fucking Nepal or something, in snow and mountains and temples and shit. Stick him in the middle east. All this alien hounds and Predator 2.0 shit just sounds garbage. You know why Predator was so fun? One Predator being a badass, its ability and presence isn't diminished by other monsters.

I've wrote a way better Predator 3 script than this crap.
Fucking uncreative morons, don't they know how to continue a franchise?

He's obviously not even seen the movie and thinks it's shit for no reason, or he's retarded and incapable of understanding a movie he's watching. Those are the two explanations for thinking it's set in the future and either one should make you doubt his ability to bring anything good to the Predator series since he might be doing the same with the other movies.

>thinks Predators is shit
>still keeps Predator 2 canon

this sounds shit, just hope alien covenant doesn't dissapoint

Don't worry, it will

>"Predator 2.0"

Yeah. If you want to actually up the stakes and "do something different" then just set it in the future with some space-base filled with Marines wielding plasma rifles getting hunted in their own base. You could have them realise what's happening and call for help and then have to survive until a transport ship can reach them, that'd change the format from previous movies, although the danger there would be that it would become too much like Aliens.

Still better than adding random monsters, though.

>He's obviously not even seen the movie
well good for him. was a waste of fucking time.

Post-apocalypse Predator set in a destroyed city

>>Quinn and Traeger are aided by Quinn's team and Casey Beckett (Olivia Munn), a Berkeley University professor affiliated with Traeger's organization and specialized in Evolutionary Biology. Against them are not only the fugitive Predator, but also a ragtag team of Army lunatics, monstrous hybrids, alien hounds and a ten feet tall genetically enhanced monster known as "Predator 2.0".

Yes, we get it. You didn't like the movie. You're so cool.

This does not change the fact that a film-maker making a movie set in a pre-established universe should not disregard a movie set in that universe without even having watched it. Not when there's only three fucking movies.

Who cares? "Predators" is set in an alien planet anyway.

>mfw the next "Alien Vs. Predator" movie disregards the previous ones and adapt the Alien Vs. Predator Vs. The Terminator comic

Just balls to the walls future crazy.

Yes but it's NOT set in the future. It's not even set in 2018 like this movie will be. If anything it took place in the past when the movie first came out, with the wars the soldiers said they were fighting in. So to go "well my movie takes place in the present day, not the future, so there'll be nothing from Predators" just paints you as an idiot who couldn't even keep up with the story of fucking Predators. Or you haven't seen it which is just as bad.

Don't get me wrong, I like Shane Black. I've liked every movie he's done. I hope this one's good too. But I've doubted that he's the man for the job ever since he said that.

please tell me someone made that up, it cant be that shitty ;_;

It's okay. Someone made that up.Shane Black.

>Shane, black.

No way...... Shane Black would not make this schlock.

>but also a ragtag team of Army lunatics, monstrous hybrids, alien hounds and a ten feet tall genetically enhanced monster known as "Predator 2.0".

and dropped

What's wrong with her gun? It's just P226 with a laser sight, and what's funny is that many PDs actually do issue guns with (integrated) laser sights today. So that's the one thing the movie actually got right.

The real wacky shit is stuff like fucking Jamaicans of all people taking over LA or the heatwave that makes the place Brazil-tier, which people assumed would happen because of the global warming panic.

>but also a ragtag team of Army lunatics, monstrous hybrids, alien hounds and a ten feet tall genetically enhanced monster known as "Predator 2.0".

I swear they always fuck movies up with these weird ideas. Do they really think the audience will find the concept of a small unit vs a Predator boring because it was already done before? There's no need to add human opponents and alien hounds and all that crap.

Also, I'm 90% sure it will end with the main dude being the only survivor and teaming up with the original predator to fight the mutant one. So basically the exact same ending as the one before.

Predator 2 is objectively great. I have no idea why people shit on it so much, is it just because of the nigger cop?

Too cheesy

No less cheesy than Die Hard. It even feels like Die Hard with a Predator tacked on.

Holy shit is Butcher posting becoming a thing?

>It even feels like Die Hard with a Predator tacked on.

What? It doesn't feel anything like Die Hard. The main character is a cop and gets hurt, that's it.

I'm pretty sure it's not.

>clashing with his superiors over bullshit
>constantly dropping unfunny one liners

Was is being cheesy considered a bad thing?

>kid main character
>monster hybrids
>Predator 2.0
There is no way this can be good.

Predators would have been great if the Planet was more hostile, acid spitting insects, horrible parasites etc. AND Predators. Kind of like King Kong but more body horror.

It was just a bit lame and might as well have been set on Earth.

Don't tease me.

>No less cheesy than Die Hard. It even feels like Die Hard with a Predator tacked on.

You couldn't be farther from the truth, and I like predator 2.

>people don't like Predator 2

FUCK YOSELF

>clashing with his superiors over bullshit

That's EVERY movie involving a cop, user. It's got nothing to do with Die Hard.

>constantly dropping unfunny one liners

I'm pretty sure McClane's one-liners were supposed to be corny and just be him annoying his opponents or coping with the situations. Which makes them funny after all. Mr. I'm Too Old For This Shit was just given Arnie-style one-liners that were shit.

>Predator 2.0
More like NuPredator. Also that Holbrook guy looks like some generic nobody, this is what I hate about Hollywood in the past 20 years the most, the actors' faces are completely forgettable. Evans, Hemsworth, Pratt, Hunnam, Hutcherson, Ludwig, Efron, all of these faggots look like the same, like they got pulled from a boyband or an underwear catalogue. Compare that to the original Predator where every face was distinct.

>futuristic ayy lmao tech uncovered during a black op

Sure, I'll just Fed-Ex it to my retard kid to figure it out.

You just made me realise why I have hopes for the new Kong movie.

What really bothered me about the planet was how late everybody realised it was an alien planet when it had giant planets in the sky or however it was they showed it. The whole place should have been more alien to begin with like you said, or the sky shouldn't have been so alien, leading them to realising that they're not on Earth after they find some alien structures and the night lasts too long or something more subtle like that. Maybe just have the crazy guy tell them, leading to them wondering whether he's just crazy or telling the truth. Not just looking up at the sky, in any case.

Every time I watch Predator I learn to appreciate it more. Every time I watch Predator 2 it just seems dumber and dumber, but at least it's enjoyable schlock and not boring schlock.

I love Predator 2 for the aesthetics.

>all of these faggots look like the same
Agreed, it's like that guy they got to play Kyle Reese in Terminator Genysis, he's completely devoid of any talent, doesn't stand out one iota, and has negative charisma, but he has abs, I guess, so green light. Awful, awful shit.

I haven't watched the movie since it was in theaters, was the alien sky CGI?

I'm assuming the actors had to look up at a green screen or normal IRL sky and simply did not realize how crazy the CGI team was gonna go with it during post.

>if you like the sound of something you're a shill
you are too cynical, Sup Forums, much too cynical

predator 2 was a good movie for the budget and early 90s feel

I know Shane tends to turn even the most idiotic premise into an enjoyable movie, but this premise is completely fucktarded on multiple levels.

That will only increase its enjoyability.

There are multiple things about Predator 2 that are pants shittingly retarded (professional reporter with a camcorder, Predator hovering over the city in the beginning and then having to resort to jumping around like a fag, etc), but it's still one of the best action movies of the 90s. The only real problem I have is that obnoxious Bill Paxton character which seems awfully forced.

Yeah, it was probably the CGI team just going overboard. But then the director should have been there to hold them back. That'd be something to fix with a director's cut or whatever you'd call it.

>that scene where the predator is charging straight at Bill Paxton from across a narrow subway car and Bill fires off many shots directly at the predator but they all miss or hit his sparse armor instead

That scene always bothers me. I'm not bothered Bill Paxton died, but you'd think they could have had him die in a context where he didn't seem like a retard for not being able to hit the predator in that circumstance.

It didn't make the Predator look very smart, either. What kind of a hunter just walks up to its prey hoping it'll miss? That's gambling, not hunting. I get that they wanted to have it fight in enclosed spaces, buildings and subway cars instead of in a big dense jungle like in the first movie, but they really didn't work hard enough at making it look like the Predator was actually moving through the city like a hunter.

The scene where he's in a fucking tree in broad daylight was just weird. Did he just walk there and nobody noticed the weird shifting air moving down the street?