It's just.... good business

It's just.... good business

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Kenya
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

cringe line

One of my favourite scenes, the music is great too.

LET NO JOYFUL VOICE BE HEARD-AH

nothin... but banter.

shit movie. kino scene.

*eats pidgeon shit*

I always thought this guy did nothing wrong

>"I would've blacked up because it was radio, nobody would have known"
What? Does this even fit in terms of the timeline, I wouldn't have thought that radio was invented yet?

He really didn't. He simply wanted to purge the sea of crime and run a good buissness

he made jones kill his pet

Funnily enough, he did nothing wrong.

psshh...nuthin personnel

This applies to the entire British empire. It was a force for good and it's shameful that they get portrayed as bad guys in so many flicks.

To be fair they did try to rule the world.

>force for good
>fuck up Europe for centuries
>fuck up China, India and Africa
>HURR DURR WHY CANT NIGGERS GET CIVILISED

Yeah about that...

>implying the world wouldnt be better if they got rid of all the pirates and crime
Africa was shit before we got there, a little less shit when we left, and now its full blown shit again except this time they leach off the UN's aid

I honestly think all the POTC movies are good but maybe I'm just a pleb

>Africa was shit before we got there, a little less shit when we left
gee I wonder why you left out the part when you were there

I agree except 4 is shit

India and China are now two of the most powerful nations on Earth thanks to Brits teaching them how to be a modern civilisation.

>fuck up europe
Do you mean that fighting napoleon and the nazis was bad?

how was fighting napoleon good

the original trilogy is pure piratekino

>fuck up Europe for centuries
kek what

even the windmill jews were kicking our shit in until the end of the 17th century

we were punching back tier up til that point, how exactly did britain mess europe up

And it became relatively civilized?
South africa was doing swell, then nelson mandela ended apartide and it all went to shit.

Rly makes u think hm

what was his tax plan?

>China
>powerful nation
>thanks to Brits

bit of a gap in your history there

no plebs are the ones who always say only the first movie is good

He was from the East India Company, not the British Empire.

>it became relatively civilized?
>murder and theft is good when a state is doing it

Give some examples of this murder and theft, please?

>british empire
>force for good
There is not a single country on earth that has started or escalated more wars purely for power or monetary profit than Britain
For hundreds of years once the brits got on top they fought any war, no matter how irrelevant the situation was to them or how just their side was, purely to maintain the balance of power with themselves at the helm

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Kenya

>force for good
>Hey China... buy my opium or else

Strangely kino scene in a crappy flick. Pirates 1 was the only actual good one others are only enjoyable because of Depp.

the movies are fun, but this scene is actually a work of art

Ironically part of what made the rest of them so shit was making everything revolve around Depp.

>Making a business out of their pre-existing slave system.
Africa got gutted and fucked user

>kino scene
>work of art
for you

Fucking pleb

European nations are responsible for a lot of political unrest and instability in Africa because of the drawing of borders without considering the de facto nations already present in the native populations. It would be like if Africans went to Europe and changed all the borders based on how they decided to split it up among themselves. Not to mention general mistreatment and exploitation of natives there

JACK SPARRAH

Compared to what it was yes absolutely
Murder and theft skyrocketed after apartide was abolished

Youre making it sound like mistreating people who literally ate other people is a bad thing and that they deserve the same respect a normal human being does

>changing the subject
not falling for boyo

You can't call it the original trilogy when there's only one trilogy you fucking mong

yes mistreating people is bad per the definition of the word

Africa was always fucked, the Europeans tried un-fucking it, but it didn't work because the natives are savages.

>the Europeans tried un-fucking it

Where did you idiots learn your history.

What

If you think africa wasn't always a chaotic continent where rival tribes committed reciprocal genocide on a constant basis you are delusional.

I get my info from facebook. Africa was full of peaceful kings before evil whitey came

>He thinks Europeans wanted to improve Africa

>you can't criticize anything without idolizing what came before

Where the fuck did I say Africa wasn't always a shithole? Europeans didn't try to unfuck it for some just cause. It was for good business. Let's not pretend it was for anything else, and let's not pretend the drawing of borders and shoving God down their throat was anything good. It was placing a different epistemology in front of them when they were living their life the way they wanted to. Same logic for why those idiots in the 20th century gave them so much money and food. Leave that fucking shithole the fuck alone.

>Mao Zedong
>the reason why China is a powerful nation

bit of a gap in your history there

>all these posters drinking the imperialism koolaid

DUDE FIGHT IMPERIALISM LMAO

>Europeans tried un-fucking it
out of the goodnes in their hearts and humanist spirit I bet

Because europeans never fought amongst each other, right?

Yeah but our wars were CIVILIZED

>>fuck up Europe for centuries

Come on the Dutch and the Spanish and the Belgians all got up to just as much shit.

Stalin and him were really handsome

First movie is monkino

>Ghana
>South Africa
>Rhodesia
>Kenya
>Nigeria
>Botswana

were all the best parts of Black Africa thanks to the amazing Anglo

let the African desk handle it.
AND FUCK THE AMERICANS!

No homo

>perfidious Albion war profiteers internet defense force

If you read the works of Kipling, Rhodes and C.S. Lewis, all staunch imperialists, they firmly believed that he world would be a better place if they ruled it. Not justifying it. But their end goals weren't purely capital based.

no deng without mao

england always incites war on the continent when one country gets too strong.
Spain, France, Germany, always sowing discord.
Divide et impera.

they did though

Of course they did believed that. God was on their side. God also needs money to keep the churches up. I'm not calling you a liar or anything, but you can't run a religion without taxing the believers.

You're right. The history of Europe is a history of war. But our war required cooperation on the scale of millions of people, they required evolution of arms and armour, tax systems, courts, laws, government up-kept infrastructure.
War in pre-colonial africa didn't lead to these large military empires that eventually evolved into peaceful, wealthy nations like it did in europe.

Well, of course. If you only care about the well being and prosperity of those at the upper stratum, a system designed to benefit them at the expense of the lower classes is going to seem like an ideal world

you need to learn the distinction between the base and superstructure. what kipling, rhodes and lewis thought and wrote about imperialism are of no consequence to the emergence of imperialism. their views did not create imperialism, economic forces did that. they merely provided justifications after the fact.

Right, but it was what they wanted to do. Leave 'em be. Too late to say that now, of course.

1 & 2 are great, 3 is absolute shit

Pirates of the Carribean, Spider-Man, The Matrix

any more trilogies where this applies to?

iirc less than a century ago the europeans were still going pretty hard at each other

>fought imperialism
>by invading other countries and turning the Soviet Union into a empire
bravo commies

>liberating eastern europe from fascist occupation
>imperialism

made me think

>saving people from fascism and capitalism
>imperialism
sure thing soros

Easy to become wealthy and powerful when you've looted three continents and there isn't an outside force meddling in your regional politics

The European powers liberated non-whites from ignorance and savagery.
A much more noble cause.

That is in no way true

The British Empire was just an empire. Not good, not bad, just selfish -- better than many, certainly; better than the Romans and the Spanish and a hell of a lot better than the Mongols (although people still look up to them, because they basically did what Beckett wanted to do but with everything and with horrific success). But still an empire, still conquerors, still extortionate and exploitative -- as you'd expect from any state, especially in that time period. Not a force for good by any metric.

>b-bu-but muh suttree!
Yeah they stopped people from burning other people alive, but they also killed a bunch of people.

And that's without mentioning the frankly panty-wettingly impressive perfidition they displayed with all their geopolitically genius wars.

>burn over 800 hundred years of recorded history
>loot and destroy one of the largest cities at the time
>execute a guy by ripping him appart with horses
10/10 would be civilized by again

capitalism is savagery

the russian communists preserved eastern europe from generalplan ost, a plan which necessitated the extermination of the majority of the population with a minority kept as slaves.

>perfidition

I can't find a definition for this, do you mean perdition?

>communists
>liberating anything
Yeah it was sure great to liberate those people from a tyrannical police state by installing an even more brutal police state.

no

Sub-saharan africa was meddle free for far longer than europe was.
The romans were brutal, ran a slave economy, had little to no regard for non-roman life, and considered non-romans as morally and intellectually inferior. Thanks to roman intervention Europe became the most prosperous region on earth. Without colonialism africa would have stayed a wasteland of family tribalism potentially for ever.

t. posting from computer made by an evil capitalist company in a capitalist nation

yes?

>Implying communism isn't imperialistic by definition

>Benin
>Mali
>Ethiopia
>Nubia (Kangz of Egypt btw)
>Orobindo
>Dahomey (okay they were violent af but they were also African Sparta)
>Those Mutapa faggots in South Africa
no
It means I was too lazy to realise it was perfidy.

post definition

Chinks are nominally communist

>It means I was too lazy to realise it was perfidy.
Ahh, thanks.