Why does this board hate Avatar for a generic storyline whilst praising Marvel and Star Wars films for the same

Why does this board hate Avatar for a generic storyline whilst praising Marvel and Star Wars films for the same.

It's been confusing me to say the least. I just watched Avatar for the first time yesterday, although I could see where it was going, I thought it was well executed.
Yes I get the arguments; "it's Pocahontas" in space. So what? Does it make the film worse; no.
I've seen a thread stating that the Obi Wan film should be like Seven Samurai. And if they do that, I can gurantee it will be highly praised by this sub.
Every Marvel film has basically the same hero's journey, and you can see everything that happens from a mile away. The only film that seemed to deviate from this was Civil War and that's it.
So what gives? Why does Avatar get the hate while others get the praise.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/movies/comments/5u070i/why_does_this_sub_hate_avatar_for_a_generic/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I just want to die.

board hates it because the internet hates it

internet hates it because marvel and star wars are popular/geeky and instantly recognizable. so they get a free pass but since avatar isn't based on some shit brand it gets all the criticism.

What was the purpose of his character?

I expected better out of Cameron
I don't expect much out of comics

Did you know!?!?

That the movie Avatar
is about the invasion of a fantasy planet with blue people...

>by this sub
didn't even mask the reddit properly
reddit.com/r/movies/comments/5u070i/why_does_this_sub_hate_avatar_for_a_generic/

>Why does this board hate Avatar

Because it's a COMPLETE piece of shit.

To act as a minor antagonist against the hero? It raises the stakes for Jake's acceptance into the tribe and also provides extra drama/tension for the romance.

Oh, you were just fishing for a cuck joke? Lame. Don't be a fag.

it was made to show off the capabilities of 3d fillmmaking. it succeeded in that endeavor. i don't like the movie either but you can't say it's complete shit when it accomplished what it was intended to do.

Had far more in common with the western clash with the natives throughout the americas, really. Avatar was essentially Dances With Wolves in space, with blue aliens replacing the native americans.

Of African what?

>praising Marvel and Star Wars

What fucking board are you one?!

on*

Based Lucas made movies of CGI aliens and worlds way before Cuck Cameron, and his movies were far more original and memorable.

lol reddit

Is this your first day on Sup Forums? We fucking hate Marvlel and Star Wars outside of the OT

>hate Avatar
>praising Marvel and Star Wars

we must be on different boards.
90% of the user hate marvel
50% are cameron bros and like avatar
100% of the user hate everything

already looking forward to avatar 2

I like avatar and hate capeflicks. I get complained at every time I state that capeflicks are total shit.

I suspect its pretend. Like how Sup Forums is "christian".

>Star Wars outside of the OT
fuck off with your children fairytales

Cameron made the superior version back with Dances with Wolves. Avatar, much like the Star Wars prequels, was a pale imitation.

It looked amazing in the cinema even if the story is recycled.

Sorry, that should read Costner made the superior version.

It looked fake as shit even then

Fuck off reddit

If I wanted to show off how foul-smelling my shit was, I could smear it all over your face and body and your retching would be proof that I had succeeded. It'd still be shit, tho.

You are underage b&. You never seen it in the cinema.

I have no beef with cinematography or recycled story. It's implementation was poor.

It blatantly misrepresented the benefits of a MASSIVELY advanced culture (light beer and blue jeans? For real?) while romanticising the shit out of a native culture.

Don't even get me started on how compatible two cultures from two completely unique evolutionary trees turned out to be.

The same posters hate both, I assure you. It's just that the normies and nerds with bad taste who visit this board only remember things that are recent, and so only recent things will have autistic white-knight fanboys.

This is one of the first characteristics of being a pleb: you consume films and quickly forget them. This means that the pleb is able to consume the same thing over and over again in with only minor tweaks and still enjoy it.

You are focusing on the wrong part of the film.
>Beautiful alien planet
>Giant blue cat pussy
>Natives vs mechas
>It had cool effects

The story itself has been done better and in other places.

Not an argument.

Nailed it in one.

Its total garbage watching it on a tv at home and the special effects are not that special now. It was pretty good for its time, in an imax.

Fuck. You. It was the number one movie of all time that changed cinema FOREVER.

Make up you're mind.

No. YOU make up YOUR mind.

i dislike all three of the things you mentioned. avatar is probably better than any marvel or star wars movie though

>Shaniqua steps out of the time machine
>"Wait, what'choo mean all my people iz dead in dis century? What'choo mean you brought me here to put me in a muh-fukkin' zoo?? Iz you a cop? I want mah phonecall now!"

How do you respond?

Hand her a new pair of shoes.

All fun, and I'd agree with you more if the tone of the film had been a swashbuckling romp through the jungle.

Instead, we got Diogenes by way of Jake Sully.

Start kicking her in the face over and over until she stops breathing.

go back to your hibernation state abatap, Avatar 2 isn't out yet.

Whip out my white dick and begin the civilizing.

>ywn fuck abatap in his boipucci and then cuddle with him afterwards

Why even live

abatap wouldn't have sex with any human, he's saving his virginity for a Na'vi

I'd put on blue makeup for him :3