Plagiarizes a comic to make a short film

>plagiarizes a comic to make a short film
>lifts scenes/angles directly from the comic
>rips off entire scores of dialogue wholesale
>by a comic artist whose work has previously been adapted in Hollywood
>mostly just changes the name of the titular character and claims himself as the sole writer

how in the world did he think he would get away with this?

Other urls found in this thread:

time.com/6094/shia-labeouf-plagiarism-scandal/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>implying anyone mentally over the age of 14 cares about comics
It's only plagiarism if you rip off something of value.

Funnily enough he got away with it for a few months after the movie premiered in Cannes. It's only after the movie was posted online that he was found out.

“Copying isn’t particularly creative work. Being inspired by someone else’s idea to produce something new and different IS creative work. In my excitement and naiveté as an amateur filmmaker, I got lost in the creative process and neglected to follow proper accreditation Im embarrassed that I failed to credit @danielclowes for his original graphic novella Justin M. Damiano, which served as my inspiration I was truly moved by his piece of work & I knew that it would make a poignant & relevant short. I apologize to all who assumed I wrote it. I deeply regret the manner in which these events have unfolded and want @danielclowes to know that I have a great respect for his work I fucked up.”

he will not divide us

Getting caught was part of his plan.

Can someone fill me in?

Do we believe him or do we believe this is a cover? I do think he'd be stupid and autistic enough to forget to credit someone.

He got lawyer coached in his apology no doubt, & I think he is dumb enough not to think his brilliant plans through.
HWNDU his "rape" allegation(which might also be bullshit or exaggerated) at his performance art deal.
Idealistic and naive is no way to go through life.

He plagiarized a comic, then when he got caught he apologized and his apology was copied from a post on yahoo answers then the next year he plagiarized the same comic book writer again and was sent a cease and desist.

was getting caught part of his plan?

maybe getting caught was part of his plan

time.com/6094/shia-labeouf-plagiarism-scandal/

what an unoriginal asshole

dude dont plagarize. ive already referenced the darkest knight in this thread

I don't understand why he was such an asshole about it afterwards. All those plagiarized apologies and the sky-writing and the Daniel Boring script were all just shitty.

what exactly are you talking about

shia owns for thisd

>his apology was copied from a post on yahoo answers
Holy kek. I fucking love this guy

you will not divide me

Emperor has no clothes my man.

He plagiarized a comic
He plagiarized the apology
He plagiarized the seagulls line
He plagiarized the I'm Sorry art show

That's the whole point of whatever statement he's trying to make. I actually think it's kind of funny and even somewhat clever

he's either completely delusional or doing it on purpose to make some kind of hippie point

also all those videos of him freestyling are plagiarized too, he steals bars from semi-obscure hip-hop and spins them as his own

He did a freestyle rap that went viral a couple years back. Turns out that was plagiarized too

Inspired by nike

Just do it

Shia can divide my butt cheeks anytime.

His art project got shut down? Makes sense, I guess.

Funfact, this apology was plagarized

What did he mean by this

Just months ago you guys were treating this guy like a fucking saint and then all of a sudden once he starts protesting Trump I see threads like this.

Really makes you think