Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YTeudEWOL4w
youtube.com/watch?v=lXEupeEMwyw
youtube.com/watch?v=S1Y693cSF7E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

did the creator of this comic not realize that's literally diverse

B^U

Are they saying this wasn't groundbreaking for 1966 cause it really was

hasn't been good for fifty years so why start now?

>Because Uhura is black her job must not be important
Do these people not see their hypocrisy or is this a joke comic?

Yes indeed, the show that brought us the first inter-racial kiss on tv ever. How racist. Does the stupid fucker that wrte this comic have any idea how significant that is? Do they know how hard the writers and creators had to fight for it despite what the big execs told them? Do they know that Shatner purposely fucked up all the alternative takes without the kiss so it had to be shown?

Does the creator even realise what a positive depiction of an Asian man Sulu was? Find me one other example of an important asian character in a show of that time that isn't a horrific steriotype.

Im so angry with the stupid little shit stirrer that made this comic who has no idea about anything that happened before they were born and just wants to be offended by as many things as they can.

I will never not be angry at this comic.

I don't understand the point of this comic. This show was made in the 60s and any attempt at putting in glaring diversity would probably have resulted in it not even being made at all, and yet they still tried to show equality. Why does that deserve hate?

>Yes indeed, the show that brought us the first inter-racial kiss on tv ever
Not true at all, but yeah it was still significant

>comparing a 50 year old show hailed for it progressiveness to modern day standards of diversity
liberalism was a mistake

no mention of the gay asian?
>white russian
lol slavs arent white

sorry, the first ever scripted inter-racial kiss on american tv

not true

>scots
>white
>Russians
>white
Oh I am LAFFIN

Well of course they cherry picked their argument

Martin Luther King Jr. told the actress who played her to stay on the show because she was breaking color barriers.
>That's pretty progressive

and what are you saying was?

was that true or ever confirmed?

I Love Lucy

Well she said it herself, of course she could be lying but it would take a pretty shady character to openly lie about having spoke to such a great person and use it to embellish your own achievements.

I guess it comes down to whether you think she would lie like that

So, we'll never know?

Hispanic isn't actually a race. He was white with cuban ancestry.

It counted at the time but you're not wrong, I just wanted a (you)

I guess. She was a close friend of his though and it is documented he was a fan of the show

>judging earlier time periods by today's moral standards

Nigga the show had the first interracial kiss on television, don't try to smear. What the fuck are progessives doing?

>an award show for everyone should have the same amount of diversity as an award show for black people
good thinkin

LOL thread?

LOL thread

Remember the Episode where Dukat went trans?

I don't think you know what diversity means.

>portraying Russian, Asian, Black, and Vulcan people positively in the 60's
fucking nothing, where were my LGBTCIABG characters

>What the fuck are progessives doing?

Everything besides the last two weeks was basically a repressive place akin to the gentry south

>CIABG

For all the people complaining about "Didn't they realize it was progressive for it's time", you don't understand Progressive.

The very definition of being "progressive" is moving "forward". Nothing is ever good enough, no matter how hard you try you could have always done more.

So it doesn't matter that they had a Japanese on the bridge not long after WWII
Or that they had a Russian when the Cold War was still real
Or a Black when racial tensions were still high

They could have done more.

This can't be fucking real

>A+

To be fair, that was for its coaching hires, not its players

wow that rlly make u think...

Next holy crusade to rid the west of niggers, Muslims and kikes when?

>an award show that discriminates race = good
>an award show which doesn't = bad

Seems apt

>(((Shatner)))
>(((Keonig)))
>(((Nimoy)))
>White

>White people make anything
It's for everyone
>Black people make anything
It's for blacks only
Repeat above for any and all non-white ethnicities.

Tell you what, when blacks invent an entirely new story-telling medium like the invention of film, they can complain when there is a dedicated all white awards show for white people working in that medium.

This, Nimoy obvs played Spock as Jewish, last time I respond to this ancient bait

REEEEE

CELTIC PRIDE WORLDWIDE

he wasn't gay in the show

No, but he was Asian and conveniently left out of the comic.

>it's a big thing to have a japanse guy play in some random sci fi show more than 20 years after the war
>it's a big thing to elect a nigger/woman to the presidency
>etc.

Why is american society so racist?

What country do you live in that has has no bigotry or prejudice in it's entire history?

Ahh yes, a very crafty reversal and red herring, well done.

How about this:

Take your "racist" bullshit and shove it up your own ignorant ass.

How the hell did morons like you ever get the idea that "racism" is the ultimate crime against humanity, yet at the same time assume that your own brand of "racism" (i.e. hatred of whites and hope for their demise) somehow places you on a higher moral plane?

Oh. That's right... it's because you're morons.

Check your black privilege, nigger.

Even the hatred of whites is just another swing of the american racist pendulum.

Fuck off with this calling people "racist" bullshit. Do you go to a home sports event and root for the other team while they do their best to defeat you?

A nigger acting like a nigger deserves to be called out as one. They don't hesitate if they want to call someone else names, you moron. Check your black privilege, nigger.

Denouncing racism is an unnatural concept created and promoted by jews (the most racist group on the planet btw) as a tool to mongrelize the white race, and destroy everyone else's cultural identity.... everyone's except the jews, that is.

Who doesn't want to be with people like themselves? If we didn't, why the fuck would the US have so many cities with "little Italy", "Chinatown" or jewish communities? Why does the UK have Muslim communities that all live together?

We segregate ourselves, because we're honestly happier with our own people, otherwise that would not happen in free countries where forced segregation is illegal.

Muhammad Ali Tells The Truth - 1971:

youtube.com/watch?v=YTeudEWOL4w

Muhammad Ali Tells The Truth - 1971:

youtube.com/watch?v=lXEupeEMwyw

Sup Forums pls leave
but seriously both you and are retarded.

To move away from the bait and actually address the question posed by OP, does anyone have an idea what the series will be about?

"an incident and an event in Star Trek history that's been talked about but never been explored" is what I found on wiki search.

Official True Facts Copypasta for Star Trek: Discovery [version 0.9.1]

The Good
>created by Bryan Fuller
>Rod "my father is a shitbag" Roddenberry producing
>Nicholas Meyer (Star Treks II, IV and VI) in the writers' room
>Joe Menosky (Darmok and other classics) in the writers' room
>Doug Jones as a science officer on the USS Discovery
>Anthony Rapp as another science officer on the USS Discovery
>Michelle Yeoh as a recurring character and the captain of another ship, the USS Shenzhou
>airing on Netflix worldwide (except in America and Canada)

The Neutral
>Sonequa Martin-Green as the executive officer (and lead character) of the USS Discovery
>James Frain as Young Sarek
>Emily Coutts piloting the USS Discovery [UNCONFIRMED]
>Terry Serpico as a Starfleet Admiral
>Maulik Pancholy and Sam Vartholomeos as recurring characters on the USS Shenzhou
>some Klingons on another ship are recurring characters
>TOS era

The Bad
>Bryan Fuller has left, saying "I’m not involved in production, or postproduction"
>Alex Kurtzman producing
>Akiva Goldsman producing
>first episode on TV, then all subsequent episodes only on CBS All Access (in America)
>a fucking prequel

That's it. That's all we know. Everything else is rumors and guesses.

Muhammad Ali Attacks Anti-White BBC Parkinson:

youtube.com/watch?v=S1Y693cSF7E

>airing on Netflix worldwide
Happiness
>(except in America and Canada)
Pain

Fuck off back to plebbit, you dopey cunt.

Fuck no.

You don't get to spout out anti-white rhetoric and not be called out on it, just because you try to couch it as "humor" or Trek talk, or any other way to make it seem like it is "normal", "proper", or morally "valid", "justified", or "superior".

No. Fuck you.

You have issues.

Thanks m8, just got into Star Trek so thanks for the run down

Let the hate flow through you :DDDDDD
>pic related scrub

>all of these diverse white guys from different countries and cultures are the same!

I hate this shit.

>Shitposts and doesn't even watch the subject of the thread

This is why people hate you redditors, you are awful posters.

It's probably one of the most important jobs for the operation of the ship besides engineering and navigation

Misato truly is best Eva female

I love how this fucking idiot webcomic artist apparently knows better what is and isn't 'racist' then MLK jr.

t. cuck

>t.cuck
I'm sorry, I didn't say Asuka/Rei, I said Misato.

no

I've heard rumors it's not going to be in the canon universe.

>Yes indeed, the show that brought us the first inter-racial kiss on tv ever.
Untrue. It's just trekkies wanking themselves off.

>Does the creator even realise what a positive depiction of an Asian man Sulu was?
Le Jap man running around with his sword was so progressive.

If Wil Wheaton gets involved in Star Trek: Discovery in any shaped or form no matter how big or small I swear to Crom I am going to kill him.

From what happens to his character in TNG it's either never going to happen or he will visit has some space man