Favorite Star Trek and why is it DS9?

Favorite Star Trek and why is it DS9?

TOS, because I actually like Star Trek

I actually really like TOS as well.

Anyone watch TAS?

You needed a more inflammatory header for a star trek thread man. However, I agree. Also fuck all you Babylon 5 faggots who think that's better.

>inflammatory

I know. Wanted more of a discussion rather than an outright bashing. Wasn't expecting much response really

It's the only thing I still have to watch other than DS9 which I'll never watch

It's interesting, but it seems more like experimental trek. One of those episodes clearly belonged in a comic book (that one with the hawk guy). The rest were alright. TAS was fucking weird because it was from the 70's. That was a decade where it was acceptable to put wallpaper graphics on kitchen counters and wear jeans that you could trip on and break your bones.

There are, maybe three episodes that are good. I can't name them because I just sort of gleaned on it. One is a total ripoff of "The Cage" that is garbage by comparison.

Voyager is all I got left. Don't know anything about Janeways style so I am excited to finish DS9

Ha ha, you're so silly.

To add, "The Cage" is the pilot of the first series and it is the total patrician, best star trek episode. It's really that good.

I'd put it up against any other Star Trek episode, of any series easily.

How about that "Enterprise"?? Best Trek?

>Voyager
It's the fifth-best Trek. I hope you'll like it.

>Enterprise
It's the fourth-best Trek. If you haven't seen it yet, I hope you'll like it.

I am just too autistic and the fanbase has ruined any chance of me enjoying that show

If you can recognize that the problem lies within yourself then there is hope that someday you can overcome it and get better.

Worst Fanbase? Sorry long time "lurker" of Star Trek but never a Trekkie

There are some good Voyager episodes. Even if it's my least favorite series. The production values are really good. The thing is, DS9 was good because they knew they didn't have much to work with. That's just how it is sometimes. Actors/actresses up their game when the set pieces are shit, or when they can just tell something isn't up to standard. They don't want to be seen doing sub-par work. The budget all went to Voyager after a certain point and well, it is what it is. DS9 just ended up being better.

Genesis is the best episode clearly

They're annoyed with DS9 fans because DS9 fans like to talk about how much they like DS9. This is Sup Forums, where we're all supposed to be cool and detached and only "like" things ironically. If someone commits themselves to showing genuine sincere appreciation for media then we have to rebuff them for not fitting in with our style.

I'd say all two Voyager fans because they are extremely defensive battered housewives.

they are obnoxious and tend to shit on all other star trek series because DS9 is the best and complain about other series not having captains like based Sisko etc

they also often lack knowledge having only seen DS9 and some Voyager .

TOS = Great overall
TNG = hit and miss at first, Great from season 3 onward.
DS9 = Good, but can get boring at times
Voyager = Hit and Miss
Enterprise = Eh. Wasn't bad, but didn't really do it for me.

I watched all of TNG twice then TOS and now on DS9. I honestly still like TNG a lot more. However the DS9 crew is really starting to interest me.

Who's yalls favorite character in each?

>based Sisko

Why is he liked so much more?

I like the autists. Spock, Data, Odo and Tuvok.

In Enterprise, Mayweather is my favorite, because he's the only one who never pissed me off.

Nope, that's not how Sup Forums works chief. You wear your opinion because you're not accountable for it. Unless you're a fuckass douche.

>18(You)

Man.
Chekov
Data
Odo

haven't watched the other two yet.

I was hoping I wasn't alone in liking Odo.

TOS = Quirky / classic
TNG = Best standalone episodes
DS9 = Best over arching story
VOY = Good premise hit and miss some chars are useless
ENT = Best effects - Some really good episodes but lacking in overall plan.

Mayweather never really does anything until he's forced to oppose his crazy brother on the freighter. Your best friend could have a strongly held opinion you don't agree with but it wouldn't compare with Mayweather because he did fuck all other than the right thing in one, episode.

>because he did fuck all
Yes, that's why I like him.

Mayweather being a lifeless piece of cardboard makes him better than everyone else on that show.

tos - mccoy, tng - data, ds9 - Quark/Garak, voy - janeway, ent - phlox

100% agreed.

>TOS
Kirk and Spock, fuck McCoy. The others aren't really characters
>TNG
Picard and Data
>DS9
Odo, Quark
>VOY
Janeway, Paris, Kim
>ENT
They all suck

>The others aren't really characters
Not even Scotty?

>Odo, Quark
Yus

I can't speak for anyone else, but I like Sisko because:

1, there are actually consequences to his decisions. He can't just warp away and never deal with [Evil Politician of the Week] ever again.
2, he gets along the best with his crew, and not just the senior staff. He throws baby showers for nobodies and gives romantic advice to low-ranking losers. It feels like he actually cares.
3, he actually has a life outside of his job.

DS9 is the worst star trek ever.
horrible boring shit filled with bad actors, and very little character progression.

Doesnt get good till season 4. somehow has the absolute worst episodes out of all the trek shows.
piss poor story wraps ups, missing scenes, just hey, it ended like we said it would
cant fucking stand sisko
cant stand anything bajoran.

>and very little character progression.
As opposed to...?

>I like it because it's a soap opera

I should add to your list. Neelix and Kess could have completely been replaced by crew development between the Maquis and Federation. It even felt like DS9 writers resented how badly the Voyager writers were doing on their project and added extra elements to their own characters.

Writing rooms are enormously stressful. I mean, unless you need the money get a good look at the head writer. If they hate their job, walk away. That cunt will keep you there until two in the morning just because they don't want to go home.

Yeah because only soap operas have character development and overarching storylines.

TOS is the best

The problem with the Voyager writers' room is that the replacement head writers after Piller (left in season 2) and Taylor (left in season 4) didn't actually like Star Trek.

Bryan Fuller talks about this:
>They let me into the [DS9] writers’ room, and it was Ira Behr who was like “Okay, we’ll give this guy a chance and he can be in the writers’ room.” And it was interesting to be in a writers’ room for the very first time. And what was great about the Deep Space Nine writers’ room was that they were all fans of Star Trek and you were with people who loved the program, whereas on Voyager there was sort of an attitude of you know, [disgusted] “It’s Star Trek” and all, you know. And I was just like “What are you talking about? You’re lucky to be here.” So Deep Space Nine were the fans and then Voyager was a little bit of like, you know, “We’re better than this” and I was like “No you’re not. None of us are.”

The thing is, if it bothers them being in that room- they can fucking leave. DS9 never suffered from that sort of problem because people enjoyed the company. I hate hearing the whole "what else would you be doing" line but really, having a job as show business, in California is nothing to be a prick about.

Asked this guy on facebook

Please don't violate our safe space by mentioning normie websites in here.

Odo goes from being a hard ass to being a hardass with gf
still hates quark
quark doesnt change
his brother gets a job in starfleet, kinda improves
his son seems to develope well
sisko doenst change, just accept being the emissarry
bajoran chick stays the same annoying cunt
jake gets a job
obrien stays the same lets piss on him once a week character
bashir becomes less annoying

this is very poor development for a show that stayed on the air for 7 years.

Reading about Voyager just pisses me off. It has one of the best premises and had everything going for it and they just fucked it up at every turn. They introduce all these interesting concepts and did fuck all with any of them.

you need to chill and watch a few vids on break dot com. That or failblog

I asked you a question. Please don't avoid it.

>these are the DS9 fans

Unfortunately so

I would not have wanted to be in that writing room. When it's good, it flows perfectly but it's still very stressful and you're just working together to push another episode.

When it's bad, you're up really late, you all hate each other (even when you're friends normally) and nobody wants to be there.

I imagine the Voyager writing room being like a shooting gallery of vitriol and personal insults.

DS( is hardly Star Trek,

It's better to consider it a non ST show contained within the framework of the ST universe.

TNG for me and fuck all of you who skip season 1-2. The super camp and formulaic episodes are good for star trek.