Who should realistically be the new Batfleck now that Ben Affleck is quitting? The two obvious picks are Hamm or Hammer

Who should realistically be the new Batfleck now that Ben Affleck is quitting? The two obvious picks are Hamm or Hammer.

I doubt he's quitting, but...

What actor in their right fuckin mind would want to be in a DC movie at this point?

nobody. we need a long hiatus like after tim burtons batman to get the stench of rehashed trash from it.

10 years minimum.

Honestly though as much as I hate Snyder this movie could at least be plausible if he didn't have to go through production hell and be forced to shoehorn in at least 5 side characters that are going to have their own off-spin flicks. DC's biggest issue is greed and because they're years behind Marvel's CU in terms of story development they're trying to catch up ASAP in order to compete in cinemas. For what reason? I don't fucking know, maybe they're just scared that the capeshit fad is going to run dry if they take their time.

They will pay Affleck any price to stay. They literally couldn't continue their EU without him. They can't have another Burton verse where Batman changes like 3 times in the series.

It already is running dry. Before The Avengers, any superhero movie made waves just for existing, now it has to actually be good and compete with a dozen other visually appealing superhero movies.

Most actors are in it for the money. They wouldn't care that some assclown critic or keyboard warrior laughs at them. Besides, I doubt The Batman will be worse than The Dark Knight Rises.

How many movies did he sign on for? How is he even allowed to leave?

Casey.

F

Guys. Seriously.

You don't honestly think Wonder Woman and Justice League have a shot at being good, right? Tell me my Sup Forums bros aren't this naive.

All memes aside, Zack Snyder can do some cool action, but his movies are generally terrible. In his early career he had some good movies. But we've seen with Sucker Punch, Man of Steel, and Batman v Superman that he simply cannot direct a good story with narrative flow. You would have to be a fucking god damned moron to think Zack Snyder will be able to pull it together with Justice League and make a certified fresh movie that pleases fans and critics. It's just not going to happen. I bet you anything Justice League will get 27% on Rotten Tomatoes and will have a steep drop off in the second weekend.

I think he signed up for at least 4 movies including BvS, Batman standalone and two Injustice flicks.

Contrary to belief he isn't a slave to some Jew and probably could quit but it would completely ruin him. As in never getting a role or direct his own movie again.

he would get sued and have to pay the studio a bunch of money, but a contract doesn't buy a man's soul, user.

You realize Daniel Craig pulled the same "I wanna quit" shtick on James Bond to get 150 million dollars. Benny boi is doing the same thing.

Fuck me I can't see anyone doing batman better than him.

>not signing your main characters on for 10+ movies
It's like they want to fail.

Also wtf is Injustice?

>and two Injustice flicks.

you mean Justice League?

nah. he signed up for 3 movies

BvS. SS. And Justice League.

Wonder Woman will get a low 60% at the very least just from all the feminists and politically-correct critics.

>Also wtf is Injustice?

a video game about Superman becoming a dictator that became a successful comic book series for some reason.

>implying anyone would even touch the role of Batman in the DCEU films after Affleck leaves

>What actor in their right fuckin mind would want to be in a DC movie at this point?
Well certainly not that Oscar-worthy performer.

He's not quitting. It's just rumors from pathetic anti-DCEU fags.

His good movies are simply page by page comic books adaptations that work only because the source was so fucking good. It's the "Sin City" effect, it was widely loved by normies because they never read the comic but hated by nerds who knew their stuff because the movie didn't dare to take any chances. I don't think there is an English word differentiating those two practices when it comes to adaptation. In Polish you can have either an adaptation, where the director is allowed to strive away from the source and has more freedom of expression or "screening" or so called "ekranizacja" where the director is taking on the task of remaining as close as possible to the original source without doing any alterations of his own.

Snyder sucks when it comes to the actual adaptation, he is the least flexible director that I've seen in big boys Hollywood league, if you've seen one of his movies you've seen them all.

Why is he leaving though? This is so unprofessional. He knew what he was getting into when he accepted the role. He knew there were several Batman films planned and that it would take up a lot of time in his career. It's like all the Bond actors who accept the role then two movies later start complaining the job is too overwhelming. Boohoo cry me a river. You don't even need to act to play Batman just put on a stupid costume and rehearse action sequences.

If this is true, maybe he is dropping these hints about leaving to play hardball to get a better deal for The Batman and JL2?

>or direct his own movie again.
This. The only reason WB is funding his indie flicks is because of Batman. Take that away and he'll be back on the streets begging for some B-list tv role.

It's a RUMOR

>Batfleck continues to be a mistake.

Ruined Daredevil, almost ruined Batman.

I dunno if theres anyone famous atm who would work. They might have to cast an unknown.

Maybe its time for a Black Batman.

Live By Night broke him mentally.

Thankfully Christian Bale and his predecessors set the bar extremely low so all you have to do is not talk or move like a fucking retard and suddenly you're the best Batman ever even you are in a bad movie

Is he becoming Shkreli?

Why do you keep posting this forced Idris meme in every single DC thread user?

>Ruined Daredevil
Hey now, say what you want about the movie (the DC was a big improvement) but I thought he was a great Daredevil.

What's up with sudden influx of contrarians who say that Nolan's Batman sucked? Bale is still a great actor, he might not be the best fit since he is a skinny midget when compared to comic Batman but he still did best he could.

>Also bashing Keaton's batman

shame familia.

>Maybe its time for a Black Batman.
You just want to see Wonder Woman get BLACKED.

She was in a movie last Summer I thought.

The Nolan films were great crime thrillers, but terrible Batman movies.

I enjoyed the fuck out of BvS and Suicide Squad. Both were very profitable. The pathetic, repetitive fanboys trying to making "DC IS DONE LOL" a meme is cheesy and obvious.

he'd be happy doing the entire movie in the batsuit

The Dark Knight Rises was fucking dogshit.

Iko Uwais

It took Ben only a couple of minutes to sell you on him being Batman and without the batsuit too. It would a massive blow that could kill the DCEU if he left.

He's legally binded to do that flick so don't worry

If he leaves the DCEU is done, you can't recast Batman just like you can't recast Iron Man and that's why they have to pay RDJ a quarter of the production budget for every flick he's in.

But he isn't leaving, his career would be over

All Batman movies are terrible when compared to comics and animated movies/series. Especially now when they start putting him against superhuman beings while expecting us to believe he is still just a regular guy who uses grapple hook. I can't explain exactly why DC fails so miserable on big screen. There is something in the way they develop their characters and tell stories that just feels really cheesy in an action movie.

I wouldn't call it dogshit but I think all Nolan's Batmans were just slightly above mediocre. Both 2nd and 3rd movie had really terrible writing but people just gave them a pass because antagonists were so fucking badass that they stole the whole show and instead of thinking about coherent story and characters' goals and reasons everyone was quoting Bane and Joker like some fucking redditor. I think Dark Knight Rises would also get away with it if it wasn't for the very disappointing ending where Bane turned out to be some beta orbiting cuck.

>anonymous source
>I don't usually pay attention to scoops but...
>take this with a massive grain of salt
>contracts are memes guise trust me on this one

Shills are getting desperate, the Iron Man replacement movie making embarrasingly less than Suicide Squad must have been quite a blow

>the very disappointing ending
this sucked so bad and ruined the movie, like you said, Bane was a great villain

>can't recast Batman just like you can't recast Iron Man
That is wrong.

The worst Nolan movie is better than the best Marvel movie, take into account we're talking about capeshit here

His career was never there to begin with. If Mark Wahlberg is poor man's Ben then Ben Affleck is poor man's Matt Damon. He was a decent filmmaker but it looks like he is going for that M Night Shyamalan route.

How

>Rumor came out around the time of the Matt Reeves directing rumor.
It's just more Anti-DC propaganda.

People said the same about Batman after Nolan's trilogy. So many journalists and pseudo youtubers were bitching about Affleck being the next Batman and yet here we are.

I can't argue with that. I liked first Iron Man but that's thanks to RDJ's performance if anything.

Batman is bigger than 1 actor. Some people would be upset that Ben Affleck is gone, but cast some other guy like Karl Urban to act intense, angry, etc and people will still eat it up.

If he quits then they need Josh Brolin.

Pretty sure Brolin would never do it though

Are you ready for that inevitable Gibson KINO 5 years from now where Mel, like the Jesus he is, salvages and resurrects careers of washed up DC universe actors same way he made Garfield, Vaughn and Worthington look good in Hacksaw Ridge even though everyone considered them to be box office poison?

Gee I wonder why

But they'd need to reboot the DCEU that's what I meant. I enjoyed MoS and BvS and I hated SS, but I wouldn't really mind if they stopped this "CU" meme that only works when you manufacture hype and buy praise like Disney does tbqh

>5'10 manlet batman
Get fuck out of here.

>Garfield
>box office poison

>not using this opportunity to push for batwoman instead

is dc dumb

Garfield's career was over after those not so amazing Spiderman flicks that Sony puked out. Gibson is a fucking genius. They probably costed him half the money he would have to pay for your current A-listers.

>The Nolan films were great crime thrillers, but terrible Batman movies.
>Movies about the Dark Knight Detective are bad Dark Knight Detective movies.
Every single piece of moving media surrounding The Batman has always been fight/combat heavy. It was nice getting into the actual detective work for a change.

Goddamn, I'd be down for a Jon Hamm Batman. That sounds dope.

I think Cavill would do a much better job as Batman to begin with. I'm sick and tired of midgets polluting my kino as a 6'8 user.

Why would Afflecki quit a cash cow for?

Man of steel was good tho m8

I agree BvS was shit

Man of Steel was pretty bad. Jonathan Kent commiting suicide by tornado eeven though he didn't have to, Superman not saving him even though he totally could have without anyone noticing, Jonathan even considering letting a bus full of children drown.

Superman lets his dad die to keep his identity a secret and then, moments later destroys some random asshole's truck, showing just how idiotic and pointless Jonathan's "sacrifice" (suicide) was.

That's just the tip of the iceberg.

what? tim burton made the first two batman movies which were mostly decent. there was barely a break in between batman returns and batman forever with val kilmer. then of course batman & robin was the biggest shitshow in the history of capeshit. joel schumacher directed both those movies.

Anson Mount

They really wrote themselves into a corner, starting a cinematic universe with a Batman that is close to retirement, and 99.9% of his best stories have happened to him offscreen already.

That is beyond stupid and shortsighted.

Sure kiddo, there totally isn't enough plot left to make 3 Batman standalones. What a corner indeed!

He's already working for Marvel and probably has a non-compete clause.

There's only one choice

Adam Driver

Fuck off jewlet

>capeshit by Gibson
>those Raimi meme threads become reality

if only...but Mel would never lower himself to do that trash

>implying Ben can quit his only steady cashflow now that he's been ALIMONIED

Gibson said he would do Iron Man 4 if RDJ wanted him to.

Won't happen, because there probably won't be another IM solo flick.

>Implying he wouldn't be the perfect handsome brooding billionaire

>Black Batman.
Is this the worst idea in cinematic history?
Let me debunk this idea in one picture-

Would be a better Vandal Savage, he's already played a cannibal too.

We tried thicc Batman, time to try ripped Batman.

idruss ebfa

>now that Ben Affleck is quitting?
Where the fuck is the source?

I thought TDK was genuinely quite good, but the lack of Bruce Wayne and the lack of any actual detective work or more subtle intimidation made Batman very one-note and basically just a thug. Everything built up well, the ending was satisfying everyone except Batman and Rachel are compelling or ooze character.

Maybe they took a lot of the load off Batman/Bruce Wayne so that all the other, stronger characters could shine though

It's also the black sheep of the trilogy because it's the most serious and least capeshit-y one by a mile

>midget
He's 1.83, how tall you have to be?

>Starts off formulating an argument
>Ends it by using rotten tomatoes as the barometer

This is why no one takes you seriously

Why does he wear the mask?!

That's how you meme, you dip.

Ladies and gentleman,
The new Batman.

Josh Hartnett was in the running a long time ago

Ray Stevenson t b h