And the Oscar for Best Picture goes to

>And the Oscar for Best Picture goes to...

La La Land!

I don't know any one who saw this. Not a single person. And yet it's made so much money. Why? Who goes to see this movie? It looks so useless. At least Remember the Titans was ostensibly a football flick. What the hell is this? A movie about science? A dramedy? I don't get it.

It'll be Moonlight tho

itll be la la land

step aside

>believing box office numbers

may as well believe trump is going to lose the election or brexit will fail

To be fair, the numbers do suggest that it was a flop internationally.

Might as well rename the category Best Guilt Trip, then. No one watches that movie and legitimately thinks "Oscar!".

black people

black people don't go to the movies unless it's Eddie Murphy or Mike Epps or Tyler Perry.

This is most definitely white liberals.

Hidden Niggers is the kind of movie that gets nominated but doesn't win. It will be either Moonlight or La La Land.

It's barely been released internationally

I think Lion has a chance, I thought it was bretty good

I saw it today with my parents since it was my moms birthday. The whole theatre was old white couples gasping at shocking indignations like giving the protagonist a colored only coffee pot. Definitely built for rich old california white people. All in all the film was quite enjoyable but nothing unpredictable or transcendent.

If it goes to a black movie, it's going to Moonlight. Hidden Figures was as bland as biopics go. The worst of all the best picture nominees.

Let's be real though, La La Land is going to win.

why didn't Elle or Paterson get nominated?

>STAY OUT OF THE POOL

Not a chance La La Land wins after all the white controversy shit from last year, they'll really want to avoid that this time. This time they're helped that Moonlight is genuinely a far better film anyway.

I don't know why Elle didn't get nominated but feelgood horseshit like A Man Called Ove did.

Paterson obviously never had a chance. It's the MOTY but it was never gonna win any awards.

Was this kino based on a true story?

that's confusing

guys here's a challenge

write an oscar-bait movie starring only asian actors

hardmode: no martial arts

that's easy.

oscars wont have any sympathy for contemporary asians, theyre all old people who still resent the wars

so you need to go back to pre america time, further is better

now youre here choose a protag that isnt a male, cause they are unsympathetic, pick a lesbian geisha

now have the lesbian geisha be abused by white colonists, white people love feeling bad about what some other white people did before perhaps

so then the asian lesbian geisha is being abused by some white guy, but then she falls in love with the white guys daughter or something

and then everyone dies especially the girls and the ending is really bittersweet and ironic because one of them said they "hate the rain" and they die and its raining

your welcome

it wasn't an oscar bait

Fuck you.

Just make a movie about American japs during WW2

something something Japanese interment camps something something Hiroshima/Nagasaki

Live action Mulan remake

This. Is there any non-documentary film about Jap camps?

Why are they so sassy? Like I get it's a meme/stereotype or whatever but why are these black women from nearly 60 years ago acting like sassy black old women from today?

they knew theyd never get any credit or hollywood movie

Go ook somewhere else.

I literally NEVER heard about these women until the last 3 years or so. No mention of them back in the early Black Power days, no mention in the ERA campaign days, no mention of them in the early dot com era.
The whole story seems to be crabbed together from footnotes and anecdotes, and wildly exaggerated and dramatized. Like some kind of Holocaustâ„¢ fable.
They are probably 1 step higher than keypunch girls.

One down...

They were human calculators, so yeah, these exact women weren't exactly vital, they were just a tool.

realtalk: schools take their kids to see this for black history month. it's a massive scam, and insidious brainwashing to boot.

pretty good

physicist here; these women were smart but not extraordinary. the calculations they were doing were tedious and difficult but nothing groundbreaking. they were just applying known methods to solve a well-defined problem. we're not talking about solving the Riemann hypothesis here, it's just basically the same shit as what your CPU does when playing Kerbal space program but done manually with slide rules.

the movie is a work of propagandistic fiction designed for idiots who don't know math and don't care about math. how many black kids will actually get interested in math or science from this? they just wanna see a black person stick it to whitey.

>the scene where the whole troupe of negresses march triumphantly down the hall to their new office
>the plot point abut one woman's husband being dangerously into the civil rights movement is completely dropped with no conclusion
>the scene where the compassionate white man tears the colored only sign off the bathroom and quips that we all pee the same color
>bazingaman
This is like the capeshit of feel good media.

basically the movie presents what she did as something novel, when it wasn't. she was part of a very large team of people (mostly white women) all doing duplicate work, because you needed loads of redundancy to make sure the calculations were carried out correctly. it was important work, but not really a place where you could be a "superstar".

also the real woman explicitly said she never experienced discrimination at NASA -- all the racism in the movie was MADE UP by the screenwriters. I wonder if she regrets how it turned out, now that her old colleagues are being slandered.

Coz nobody cares about negroes outside of USA.

people in the cinema I saw this in literally clapped at the end. i'm from the UK. it's still fucking me up, i've never seen that happen outside film festivals before
the film is absolutely awful, if that even needs to be said

why did you see it?

Scenario 1: Hidden Figures wins an oscar and the headlines read "but, not so fast america! ur still racist! and here's why.."

Scenario #2: La La Land wins and the headlines read "Hollywood is still racist!"

Scenario 3: HF will win but Isabelle Huppert or Emma Stone will beat Ruth Negga for best actress.

Scenario 3: People stop caring about 'entertainment news' like they stopped caring about CNN

Kek MAKE IT SO

As a black guy I had no interest in seeing this or moonlight, even though moonlight looks good

Whats wrong with me?

I liked Arrival, Fences, and Hell or High Water though

>Whats wrong with me?
You're not shucking and jiving

And niggers

>Whats wrong with me?
you're a black guy for one

Academics couldnt even pass the first scene
Snow falling on the cedars

yeah not a whole lot of people outside of the US are gonna give a shit about this movie

Your up too early black people aren't supposed to wake up until noon.

Hidden Figures grossed more money in box office than La La Land.

Hidden Figures winning Best Picture confirmed

fuck off nigger

nice

Tough guy on the internet.