Thoughts?

Thoughts?

I really want to watch the last two matrix flicks but I'm scared it's going to warp my mind and make me want to be a female

Does anyone else think Harry Potter has been one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises? Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though r-right
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

You're not intelligent if you poison your mind with nonsensical, mindless, worthless flicks.

Thanks for existing

looks cool, what is it about exactly

cant compare the matrix to those at all

>Letting trannies tell you about being unable to accurately perceive reality

Here you go.

It's a children's book you fucking nerd. What I realised from Sup Forums and Sup Forums is how much I hate you fat neck bearded twats who obsess over meaningless, depraved, soulless franchises that are only popular because of the economic landscape. I understand how edgy that sounds, but it's true.

Why do people hate on Harry Potter so much?

I loled.

Because it's young adult fiction that gets read by adults and its author derives moral lessons from it which she cites in real life.

Also, even for young adult fiction it's lame. HP is a bit after my time, but I can't imagine any kid looking up to Harry Potter as a hero. If my own kid wanted to be like Harry Potter I'd feel obligated to bully him.

it's dull

Holy Mountain was a trip

Harry Potter is the best as usual Sup Forums is always wrong because you're a bunch of autists.

It's an autist who has been pushing a meme, a friendless autist. They have all been critixally acclaimed and are different. Star Wars and LOTR are dull compared to HP.

0/10 bait

fjc is this fucking meme going to be spammed everywhere for the next 3 weeks

>filename

Not baiting you filthy fucking faggot

What isn't it about, man?

For real though, it's surreal hippie nonsense. I did enjoy the conquest of the Aztecs by the Spaniards being reenacted by lizards though.