she's not married to me

She cucked goose with some Jew.

Stone can't act one iota

White people are so boring and lame

He didn't tho

they also your masters

Hollywood assumed we all gave a shit about Hollywood

>T. Pleb
It's clear that you guys didn't actually understand the movie beyond a superficial level and now you're being contrarion faggots cause everyone else likes it.

It was quality. In your plebeian meme language, it was "kino".

I don't see this performance as oscar worthy. Is it that she sung and dances? I can't think of what scene is her big acting moment? The dinner fight? Oh well. J.Law won for less (Or for winter's bone I guess. ) The only real competition is Huppert it seems but I have yet to see the movie.

Kind of created an artificial conflict by making Emma protest that he wasn't following his dreams because he had to change his style a bit.
Realistically they just would have stayed together because the Goose had a career lined up.
I mean, I get the point of them doing that and I like the movie anyway.

Has anyone seen all nominees? I want to see Elle but unsure about Jackie.

Fuck you, I didn't like it the moment I left the theater

He wasn't following his dreams tho. His dream was to make a classical jazz club, he hated the nu-jazz he had to do. The only reason he even joined the band is cause she was talking on the phone about him being broke and he felt bad.

And they couldn't stay together cause Goose was touring while she had to stay in Hollywood. they both had to move on and succeed on their own terms.
I haven't seen all the other nominated movies but she was breddy gud imo. She pulled off those audition scenes quite well. Miles and miles better than J-Law. I still don't understand why she won.

>white couple

How is this even allowed?

This is Drumpfs America...

I was half meming, but did you honestly hate the movie or did you just not love it? It's pretty well made and the visuals alone are reason enough to watch the movie imo. Why didn't you like it?

dishonest filmmaking

What does that even mean? Explain instead of meming.

Everything. It was dishonestly written.

I didn't hate it but I almost immediately forgot it. The characters had no chemistry and I didn't care at all about either of them, they annoyed me in fact

I really like Chazelle though he's a great filmmaker obviously and he deserves Best Director. But that's the only award I would give La La Land personally

Tell me about this meme.

>jlaw won for winters bone
You don't really believe this do you? Are you a woman?

She won because all winners are shitty. Emma Stone has always beem cringe.

Lie Lie Land is a live-action Disney movie. Except Disney movies have better soundtracks, characters, and the struggles faced by those characters aren't fucking retarded. Hollywood hasn't put out a movie this self-masturbatory since The Artist. It is honestly unbelievable how shallow this garbage is.

>dude just follow ur dreams no matter how delusional lmao

The movie justifies this idiotic moral by having the characters achieve their insipid dreams through luck and happenstance rather than hard work. Mia shits out a single one-woman show and does one performance of it; of the 8 people in the crowd, one is a casting agent who falls in love with her and delivers her an A-list acting career on a silver platter. Seb's friend bumps into him, and immediately offers him a job. Following that, despite the decline of jazz in LA and having no experience running a business, Seb ends up owning a hugely successful jazz club. I am sure it is very easy to romanticize succeeding in Hollywood through dumb luck when the people making the film did just that.Many of the scenes in the film were homages, but it doesn't justify them. The overlong scenes of Seb and Mia dancing against romantic backgrounds get old very quickly, and just hammer home the fact that there is no substance to this film. It is also surprising that the relationship at the core of this film only came about due to coincidence; these two run into each other 3 times for no reason other than convenience for the writer.

Chazelle obviously has the self-awareness to realize how saccharine and empty the movie was. In order to make it seem like something other than a sugary bowl of sunshine, he attempts to give it a "bittersweet" ending, but he even fails here -- both characters get everything they wanted out of life.

>b-but they don't end up together, they were meant for each other

You have to be a teen girl to even consider this line of thinking.

3.5/10 - at least it looked good (it didn't really)

I wouldn't say there was no chemistry but I agree with you that it wasn't super strong. I didn't find them too annoying either but fair enough.

Also yeah, Chazelle is awesome. That party scene was really beautifully shot and I loved how he kinda gives off this whimsical vibe with all his shots.

>justifies this idiotic moral by having the characters achieve their insipid dreams through luck and happenstance rather than hard work
This is a positive uplifting movie. Does everything have to be realistic? Would you prefer it if Mia failed and an heroed while Goose got a job as a dishwasher? It's a movie mang.
>these two run into each other 3 times for no reason other than convenience for the writer.
That goes with the tone of the movie. There's even a self referential line about it.
>Seb ends up owning a hugely successful jazz club
Literally a hole in the wall normal sized place. Is it hard to believe that someone from a successful band could leverage their fame into making a small club?
>The overlong scenes of Seb and Mia dancing against romantic backgrounds get old very quickly
Why is there dancing and romance in a musical? 0/10
>there is no substance to this film
Maybe if you had more than a superficial understanding of the movie
>both characters get everything they wanted out of life.
You have to have the maturity of a child to not understand the importance of sacrificing crucial relationships in the pursuit of a greater goal

7/10 b8 made me reply

Get over it. We won. You lost.

I completely agree but I'll give it atleast a 6 just cause the camera work was top notch.

You're agreeing with b8

No, the movie was way too convenient and cliche

Its not bait la la land is ahit. The dishonest meme is the only honest meme
The acting, singing and dancing is dogshit

Actually the cliche now a days is to be overtly serious, gritty, moody, and depressing. This is the opposite of cliche m80

>Not using Skype or some other form communication to keep in contact

I know the filmmakers made the movie as a"love-letter" to old Hollywood but the time skip was being dramatic for drama sake.

Yeah true. I guess you could play it off and say they were too busy or the split was symbolic, etc but it does make very little sense that they don't stay in contact. I mean even just random facebook or twitter contact is probably a given. But I think it probably would have brought the movie down if they went full realistic and showed them talking on social media, doesn't really do anything but decrease tension.

could have shown a montage on how they were super busy pursuing their dreams would have been plausible.

That's kinda implied tho imo. We don't really need to see Goose doing a bunch of photo shoots or gigs and we don't need to see Emma doing a bunch of movies, the audience kinda knows what went down.

>now a days
Mong, learn english. And no this shitflick is as cliche as it gets it's prime oscarbait.

No

yes