ABANDON YOUR POSTS

FLEE! FLEE FOR YOUR LIVES!

PREPARE TO FILE YOUR TAXES!

Gandalf! Denethor has lost his mind! He's raising the marginal tax rate by 5%!

DUBS

How did everyone hear him?

where did this new tax meme come from?

A red sun rises...
The precious metals bubble was burst last night.

GRRM. He said something about not knowing the tax policy of Aragorn.

In his youth he was a death metal singer

Wait, THAT quote started all of this? Why? It's old as shit and it never spawned a meme before. It's a valid observation too - I get the feeling this was a pretty forced meme.

>It's a valid observation too

Get ahold of this Turbo Taxlord - what's his policy?

HE DID IT

You're misinterpreting what the quote means if you think GRRM thinks LOTR should feature a tax policy.

>>that feel when I made sick gains on robinhood ($5000) from trading stocks and memecoins
>>first time ever since crawling out of NEETdom
>>learn about capital gains tax

feudalism never ended, even if you make money off other people's money you will still feel that big cock of the state going into your asshole.

I think it's because it's tax season.

"Good to see my taxes going to good use, first sign of trouble and they flee. Typical, wished i'd moved to the misty mountains..."

we're making fun of it because GRRRRRRM smugly thinks his books answer those questions just because he throws sums of money around in conversations, when in reality his brilliant economic insight ends at "Lannisters r rich cos they have gold mines lmao", which is in fact even worse understaning of economy than in Tolkien.

That shit's ancient tho

Hmm, no, I'm unsure you quite get it. I don't think GRRM claims to have ever explored major economic themes in his works, I don't think anyone could say his books contain any meaningful commentary on money. But he does take stuff like that into consideration. It's embracing world builders disease in every way Tokein didn't, which I think is pretty cool.

>But he does take stuff like that into consideration.
but he doesn't, thats my point. when Spanish conquered South America they flooded european markets with gold which led to huge inflation and price of gold dropped. thats basic economy. yet in Martins books Lannisters are just mining the fuck out of gold for hundreds or even thousands of years and there is no inflation. they pump enormous ammounts of gold into market, yest are still very rich and value of gold remains the same. thats stupid.
and when he actually throws exact numbers around, they are even more incostistent. like 40.000 dragons for the winner of the tourney, and just 1.000 offered as a reward for capturing Jamie Lannister

hell, he doesnt even give conversion rate between dragons and stags now that I think about it. it's not a mistake in itself, but when you brag about your realism and then put shit like that in your books, it makes you look dumb

I thought he was just talking about other writers who were copying Tolkien in a superficial way, you just sound like the moron this whole meme is mocking.

>but when you brag about your realism and then put shit like that in your books, it makes you look dumb

In the eyes of a nitpicking imbecile searching for trivial "flaws" maybe. You're an idiot.

Yes my Lord, I shall support your expansionary monetary policy by flooding the Rohan with quantitative easing.

>>>>>>>>>