What the fuck is this even about?

What the fuck is this even about?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m4eIbMiZF2I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Every time I see the previews for this I wonder the same thing.

Live action dynasty warriors

I don't get it are they implying that Mongolians are secretly a race of dragons?

It's literally a reverse lord of the rings. Think about it.

It's literally just a monster movie. That's how Matt Damon described it.

I'm gonna see it. Looks like fun.

youtube.com/watch?v=m4eIbMiZF2I

China showing us how effective walls can be

The trailers basically give it away. The chinks built the great wall to keep out monsters. The monsters are attacking. They don't have enough guys so they start hiring mercenaries to fill out the ranks. Matt Damon is a merc.

Its probably predictable as fuck from there. You'll have the initial distrust between them all. The growing bonds through battle. Then the inevitable incursion into monster land to kill the monster queen and save the day.

Probably just the chinese version of pic related.

ITT: Movies that are doomed critically because of an unfortunately timed political climate

Pro-Trump propaganda.

I think it's doomed because the Big Headed Damon poster is laughable, the trailer is muh generic epic fantasy and boring, it's not clear wtf this movie is about, and Matt Damon seems completely out of place in this kind of movie.

It looks like ass but I'm getting desperate for swords and arrows again

can someone post a picture of the green monsters theyre fighting?

the real problem is that the cg looks f

Critically yes. Financially no. It's already made like 250 million internationally.

I didn't know it's directed by the same director of Hero and w\that was pretty good. I still can't get over Matt Damon and the plot but it may be a visually striking film.

i think he was there for better gunpowder but the whatever fuck happen and hes like better help i am white after all

>mfw they didn't leave the mystery a secret and then reveal the horrifying enemy attacking The Wall to be Mongolians

Wasted opportunity, Chinese Meme Director.

>The Great A

what?

People might leave the theater after they reveal it's monsters instead of mongolions. Besides, it's better to be upfront about what kind of movie you're making.

It's definitely going to break even at least. I don't think it'll be a big hit, but with a little bit of money from the US, and all the money China gave it, it'll make it's money back.

>secretly
I can't think of any other reasons why they wiped the floor with the Arabs so easily.

mexicans are subhuman monsters trying to get into glorious china but matt damon the worlds most renown white supremacist mexican hunter helps them defend the border

That movie wouldn't have a happy ending for the Chinese.

As we all know Romans were legendary for their archery skills.

>Romans
I thought he was some kind of crusader or something.

>incestuous goat fuckers in the desert

I can think of a few reasons.

please dont tell me he plays a Roman with a Boston accent

reality is pro-trump propaganda

I was being facetious. The Arabs aren't capable of commanding armies.

are we sure he's roman? If he was from crete it'd be spot on, they had some top quality archers that both greece and roman hired as mercenaries

Matt Damon and another guy are traveling into China (TM), in order to steal the powder weapon that Chinese Army(TM) has, but they suddenly got caught into this fight between chinese and some weird monsters that LITERALLY came from the outerspace inside an asteroid, the monsters just attack because they are hungry and there are plenty chinese meat to consume, the chinese have invented many weapons and tacticools psy ops to defend themselves, plus the GREAT WALL but the monsters keep evolving each generation also theres is a queen which controls the monsters... there are only 3 type of monsters, nothing more or less

Sempai, truly is a fucking stupid movie with big explosions and big battles just made to cashgrab your pockets. expect entertainment, nothing deep or serious.

also many woman QTs die in gruesome form along this movie.

>expect entertainment, nothing deep or serious.
That's exactly what I'm expecting. I'm gonna see it.

>monsters eat Chinese
>2 hours later, still hungry

I enjoy foreign "blockbusters" they have a certain flavor american ones just don't have

it has a gods of egypt vibe where its just over the top and ridiculous, and it currently has a 41% on RT which is about 30% more than i thought it would get, im gonna go see it just for fun because it seems like the kind of movie to see at a theater

I never really trust the critics on Rottentomatoes, especially since most of them are from news outlets I don't trust, or now even Youtube "celebrities" are being counted as critics, like Chris Stuckmann.

God I hope so. Seriously considering going to see it.

>movie's going to fail because the poster sucks
that's the argument you choose to lead with? in that case i'll completely dismiss your other points because you're clearly an idiot

It is all about getting that Chinese dollar

I might be wrong but i assume its based on some Chinese folklore about the wall.

trump edits when?

Matt must have been paid really well.