What are your issues with T2 being called the perfect action movie

What are your issues with T2 being called the perfect action movie

There are none, because it is.

Edward Furlong

T1 is superior desu, too much camp in T2

/thread

Doesn't have the rewatch value as slightly more-perfect action movies

The T-1000 isn't as memorable a badguy. That and he basically disappeared for the entire 2nd act of the movie.

Some of the scenes with him were absolutely iconic tho

not enough quips

Die Hard

not very much action at all

fair enough

He wasn't bad by any means, but Arnie as the model 101 in the original movie was fucking 10/10. It's a tough act to follow. I do have to give Cameron props for doing something different instead of just getting another guy to play the role the exact same way as Arnold.

Too Reddit desu

Does this have to be said in every single T2 thread? Jesus, we get it already.

"Everything is blue!" horse shit.

Riding Terminator 1's coattails.

Furlong is legitimately get-off-my-screen obnoxious, not charmingly juvenile.

Time travel paradoxes ruin literally anything and should be avoided at all times, therefore it is hack writing.

Yes.

Because Die Hard exists

wtf is too Reddit about T2

Because T1 exists.

See also: Robocop.

Shitty teenagers shouldn't be in action movies but T2 is so great I'll allow it.

everyone always complains about ed but i never really cared about him, he's supposed to be an annoying teenager

It takes a little too much from the first movie. The tanker truck chase, the second act where they lose the enemy Terminator for awhile, the final showdown in a factory, etc. They could have done something more original.

It's one of the 4 great action films, along with Matrix, Aliens, and the Tom Cruise War of the Worlds

>T1
>action movie

Terminator 1 is hardly an action film at all. It's more of a thriller

>The T-1000 isn't as memorable a badguy.

what the fuck are you smoking

Cameron's said a lot of the movie was things they wanted to do in the original, but didn't have the time or budget. It's more like Terminator 1.9

It's literally a shitty childrens version of a good movie.

>More memorable than Arnold "I'll be back" Schwarzenegger as the original terminator
Arnie as the terminator is literally one of the most memorable bad guys ever. EVER! Literally no contest.

This has to be a new level of retardation even for this board.

>Punk beatdown
>Kyle vs cops in department store
>Future war flashback
>Terminator hunting down Sarah Connors
>Tech Noir scene
>Police car chase
>Police station shootout
>Motel escape
>Truck chase
>Factory scene

The film is mostly action with some slasher and proto-cyberpunk elements, and a short pause for reflection in the second act. Also there is nothing in T2 as visceral as the police station shootout.

Yes, good job. Those were scenes in the movie. Still not an action movie

>Also there is nothing in T2 as visceral as the police station shootout.

too bad if they did another scene like that you'd just complain they lifted it from the first movie

Nigger wat. T2 is one of the most rewatchable movies in history.

i think ive watched t2 at least 60 times tbqh

>Shifting the goalposts

Sorry I dared to besmirch your shallow 90's retread of a superior film. Does the truth hurt?

What, you mean like all the other callbacks and dogwhistles I haven't complained about? T2 is a fine piece of filmmaking but about as deep as a saucer of milk compared to the original. Not to mention it's utterly toothless by comparison.

>Tom Cruise War of the Worlds

say what