Make a deal with WB 2 years ago where you get total control of the Batman

>make a deal with WB 2 years ago where you get total control of the Batman
>BvS doesn't go well with critics
>WB execs get nervous but still allow you to have control
>SS doesn't go well with critics
>WB execs get even more nervous
>After a heated argument where you want to raise your voice at stupid WB execs who have no idea what they are doing with the horrible theatrical cut of Suicide Squad which they released; while you promised to the fans that you are only going to make a movie that you believe they will like
>You threaten to drop out of the DCEU altogether because you can't put up with their shit anymore
>Next day they tell you that you are not allowed to direct and can only be an executive producer

pedestrian.tv/news/arts-and-culture/poor-broken-dead-inside-ben-affleck-now-wants-out-/f0fd6d1c-6bff-44d4-94ab-ddd33951d55d.htm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UBQYrkIEqrw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=UBQYrkIEqrw

tldr fuck off cunt

what's your problem

>make a deal with WB 2 years ago where you get total control of the Batman
?

I'm pretty sure he lost the director's seat because the last movie he directed "Live by Night" was a huge failure that lost tons of money for WB.

He was going to act, direct, write and produce The Batman.

Take an interest

JUSTed League

>tfw lego batman ends up being a better movie

He's still writing, acting, and producing int. Either way directing it etc doesn't mean he was ever promised full control.

Take an interest.

He looks fucking great in that picture because he's slimmer, he's cursed with the dreaded "all your fat goes to your fucking face even if you aren't a han planet" like myself

pic related, he's a bit fat, but would still look great in a suit, however his face is puffy as fuuuuck.

>Be Ben Affleck
>Make a deal with Warner Bros. where you get total control of Batman
>Tell them you want to make a movie where Batman is a proud Salafist Muslim who wages war on the Islamaphobes and kuffars of al-Gothami City
>Warner Bros. executives say absolutely not
>Try to get out of your contract
>They won't let you
>Detonate a Toyota Hilux full of TNT in front of their corporate headquarters

Why, if the question is "Why are all these movies we're meddling in flopping?!" is the answer "I KNOW! MORE MEDDLING!"?

>the horrible theatrical cut of Suicide Squad which they released

you mean the one the director says he thinks is the best version of the movie? yeah, keep blaming the execs

>be ben affleck
>be famous
>be rich
>be good looking
>WAHHH ONE OF MY MOVIES GOT MEDIOCRE REVIEWS IM SO FUCKING DEPRESSED
Ben can go fuck himself

Executives really fucked the dog on this one and I'll explain why;

they could have simply let Ben write, direct, produce, act and edit to his hearts content. When the movie comes out and it is amazing and makes serious cash they can say "we were so smart to leave the artist in charge of the creative process to make something for the fans" or if it was an utterly tanked pile of shit they could say "it's all Ben's fault, we're never doing that again".

They either get credit by association or remain utterly blameless, but no; they had to involve themselves and meddle. BVS and SS sucked for this EXACT reason.

It's all fake news, stfu already!

>>WAHHH ONE OF MY MOVIES GOT MEDIOCRE REVIEWS IM SO FUCKING DEPRESSED
Where are you getting this? Ben seemed fine when he was promoting the movie.

>MEDIOCRE REVIEWS
34%

He's right tho. The average score most critics gave the film was 5/10, which is mediocre. Percentage is just whether or not if the review was positive or negative.

I don't know what to think anymore. I used to love that warner bros were hiring all of these great directors to put their spin on DC properties, but we've so far seen the negative side of that instead of the positive. DC desperately needs a Kevin Feige type character that overseas everything and doesn't let things like the pimp daddy joker or the schizophrenic lex luthor happen. All three of the DC universe movies were really close to being good. The directors just needed to be reigned in a little instead of given free reign.

> Man of Steel
They needed to make Clark a more likable protagonist. He's wooden through the whole movie and shows no real character at all. They shouldn't have had Superman kill Zod either since that directly fucks up the whole concept of Batman v. Superman.

> Batman v. Superman
Cut all the Justice League shoehorned in shit. Recast Lex as someone actually menacing. Give us a flashback of Robin being killed and it making Batman go crazy. Have Batman actually be the clear antagonist of the movie. Don't make Doomsday look like playdough, and do something more subtle than MARTHA. The movie also DESPERATELY needed some action in the middle because it starts really dragging at that point.

> Suicide Squad
More Joker; that's what people paid to see. Have a larger team where more of them will actually get killed. Tell Jared Leto to stop impersonating Jim Carrey. Make the aesthetics more comic book faithful instead of making it white trash ghetto looking. More boomerang.

>DC desperately needs a Kevin Feige type character that overseas everything
Yeah, they need Bruce Timm.

Some days you just can't get rid of a Toyoda Hilux.

y is he so sad, bros?

>>DC desperately needs a Kevin Feige type character that overseas everything
>Yeah, they need Bruce Timm.

Things are already fucked up to the limit and you wanna add incestuous relationships to this?

>add incestuous relationships
What did he do that was "incestuous"

I thought Snyder was their feige

Is time to admit Affleck is a bad director.
Like Fargo was only successful because it sucked up to Hollywood.

Like he could probably give ideas and act like a producer, but write and direct nop.
It was a mistake.

>mfw DCfags thought he would become the RDJ of DC

>Fargo