youtube.com/watch?v=ThrVQKl04Ak
youtu.be/KIsv1YOFNys
youtube.com/watch?v=CIGHCoVzqtk
flickriver.com/photos/dullspork/sets/72157602084881930/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtube.com/watch?v=ThrVQKl04Ak

Diz>>>>Carmen

>daily reminder

memes aside, the Federation could have been behind it so that they have a reason to go off to war.

t. peace terrorist

I thought this was really implied.

where exactly it is even remotely implied?

WHY THE FUCK was there American sounding white people in Buenos Aires?

That makes no sense. There was reason enough for the Federation to declare war on the bugs. They have been attacking colonies well before the meteor strike.

>They have been attacking colonies well before the meteor strike.
No they hadn't. We only hear about the Mormon slaughter after the rock strike, they had been specifically warned not to go into that area either.

Argentina IS white!!!

>Mike and Jay actually implied we should have had reasoned with the bugs instead of killing them

>bugcuck
take the redpill

why not?they turned out to be intellligent in the end

>tfw to intelligent to want to know more

By the time ST takes place the whole world's been globalized.

Yeah, they turned out to be mind controlling conquerors that even managed to brainwash the sky marshall. Hell even the god bug admits this.

They're intelligent because the brain bug was eating people's fucking brains.

It still hasn't been the first skirmish they had. The professor seems pretty knowledgeable about them and the MI recruiter seemingly lost his arm from a bug attack.

so how exactly did bugs evolve and survive on a planet without any food? If they get the energy or whatever they need from the sun, why are there so many different bugs, and why do they have weapons?

Is the remake going to be any good? Will they ever do a satire again?

>Hell even the god bug admits this
i missed that

they spread through the galaxy, maybe they started evolving once they reached new planets

>remake
wat?

No, its implied it was just a random meteor that hits earth, but the Federation spins it as a reason to go to war.

I'm sure they will go full Avatar on us and make the bugs the good guys or some shit.

Can't have fascism portrayed in any light that could be construed as positive.

I read that it was made during a time where executives were getting fired every 3-4 months so no one watched the dailies

The studio was shocked what they had made once Amy Pascal actually sat down and watched it.

I'm from Argentina

and i say i'm white

Buenos Aires was in inside job

it's probably just going to be a dumb cash-in

It's going to be based off the book.

So expect an average story about the average man's life in the military.

>Argentina
>white

you tell em gurl

>desire to know more intensifies

Isn't the movie great because Verhoeven said "fuck the source material"??

Tbh I love the movies and the book. And I wished both were able to continue, having the movie's universe be a spinoff show and having the book turned into a proper movie.

you will never, ever, ever be white, Lionel
and im not either amercain or white

Depends if you really like the book or not. Verhoeven really took an older script about young nazi kids in 1930's germany finding themselves and dealing with an uncertain future and transplanted that idea into a book he found depressing.
To be honest I think the book and film have their own merits and I'd rather they go for a book retelling then do the satire terribly like the Robocop remake

Movie bugs or book bugs?

what's the difference?

>ST 1
She dies on a ship.

>ST 2
She is part of a military unit.

Huh?

logical fallacy: appeal to authority

CORRECT. FASCISM IS FOR KUKS. NOTHING EVER POSITIVE ABOUT KUKPOLS.

Will they have the Klendathu Drop theme in the remake for muh nostalgia?

maybe they put her in that avatar tank that revived rico or some shit

>ST2

we don't talk about that.

>ywn be a happy Starship Trooper

;_; fuck this gay earth

if you hate earth so much why don't you go live on the bug planet

DUTY. COURAGE. HONOR.
Is ST3 any good? I just know this song.
youtu.be/KIsv1YOFNys

it's fun

Maybe I will! MAYBE IIIIIIII WILLLLLLLLLLLLL!11!!1!!!!!!!!!

found the non-citizen

Is Starship Troopers Invasion any good? I think it's the last time we'll see the OG Johnny Rico right?

Did critics/reviewers pick up on the fact that this entire movie is a satire of fascist propaganda when it came out? Or was the general consensus "wow what a horrible movie for horrible warmonging people"

On a related note, how was Robocop received? Did people see ULTRAVIOLENCE and immediately freak out without understanding the context?

>tfw Starship thread every day since RLM posted on Patreon that they're going to review it

Nope, even Roger Ebert thought it was a super srs war movie

what a fucking retard

It would be impossible to launch a projectile across the galaxy and hit a target that precise without technology that the bugs clearly didn't possess.

it's not horrible no mather how you look at it

Well the press clearly didn't agree with you. They crushed this movie at release.

I don't know what kind of fucking morons look at a Verhoeven movie like this and say "this is a gritty war drama"

Like how the fuck?

I do not remember this scene.

the same kind of mindless fish that eat up oscar bait

>we don't live in the timeline where Starship Troopers got a proper sequel

Goddamn it. Verhoeven plz save us, retcon 2/3/Invasion and give us the Starship Troopers sequel we deserve.

> tfw you will never live in a turbofascist empire.

Would probably be pretty cool everyone sort of working together rather than hating one another.

My dear I hope not that colour, anyway..

I think in the books the bugs are less retarded animals and more intelligent alium

They use guns and starships and shit

I'm sure it's been talked about before but I haven't been around to read it. What is Sup Forums's ideal Starship Troopers sequel?

>FASCISM IS FOR KUKS
This is factually correct.

I really like teal. In a completely different topic unrelated to the thread, would it be possible to pull off teal pants?

It's not a movie that needs a sequel, it tells its story perfectly. There isn't much to add.

Walking hand-to-hand to your destruction doesn't sound very good.

Argentina is full of a bunch of white ass northern Italians, they're not spics.

but the book was actually pro fascism

the movie is just taking the books ideas and parodies them.

one thing I did like about the book was that the bugs were a metaphor for communism. everbody is just some mindless drone that looks and does the same thing with a tiny elite class that controls everything

The federation uses falsified intelligence to harvest resources of some random planet and it backfires

>one thing I did like about the book was that the bugs were a metaphor for communism. everbody is just some mindless drone that looks and does the same thing with a tiny elite class that controls everything

So is the modern day "West"

RLM is reddit

And now everyone is talking about Starship Troopers.

you are reddit for being update with the latest RLM content

and you are a newfag for not knowing we have had these threads since forever

dip

First time I got really stoned I watched this movie.
Couldn't figure out if it was satire or if it was just a bad movie.

Never found out

So we going to finally see Heinlein's Mecha Infantry?!?!?!

Reminder that Heinlein books is what inspired Gundam, not only Starship Troopers but also Moon Is A Harsh Mistress about a space colony rebelling against Earth rule.

It's Satire

Look in a mirror Ivan

only if you are white, straight and male

anybody else is a victim group thanks to identity politics

I watched that movie when I was 12 and always new that it was satire

I really don´t get why this is so hard to understand.

those news reports are pure parody

The reason why the critics bashed this movie was because it appealed to male teenagers and young men.

It is a well made movie don't matter how you slice it, the special effects still hold to this day and the battle scenes are awe inspiring.

I still can´t believe how good it all looks.

most have something to do with the fact that the aliens all have very basic designs that seem believable and because it has a good mixture of probs and cgi

many nazis went hiding in south america after world war 2

it was a side gag

The special effects were all around pretty great, but I can't help but feel that ship models would've been a way better choice. I guess it would've been hard to capture the sheer scope of the fleet?

More nighttime battles would've been great too. Still impressed that the visuals don't look like ass in stark desert light.

Your mom was probably still wiping your ass when you were 12, autismo.

Not just with the bugs, but the amount of practical set pieces is really great to see. I always loved scenes in the ship or at camps because of the extensive details put into constructing the set.

I DON'T HAVE ARMS
HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO WIPE IT MY SELF?
HUH?
HUH?!

Even the music makes me want to kill bugs.
youtube.com/watch?v=CIGHCoVzqtk

Hey, I am from Buenos Aires too and I don't that you should kill them

The ship ARE models. At least some of them:

flickriver.com/photos/dullspork/sets/72157602084881930/

what the hell is this thread??

There is a second part of this trash?

So where did the name "Klendathu" come from? Did a group of people decide that was the most foreign/evil thing they could call the bug planet?

Yeah, I was largely referring to the ones in the space. It's pretty obvious when they're first engaging the buds and the fleet is getting hit with artillery.

>you need a reason to go to war with bugs
>in a militarized society
You had too many of the bluepills, friend

Critics bashed the movie because they were too retarded to recognize satire.

I'm not sure but were they going for something when they made the design of the bugs realistic and advanced but the infantry primitive in comparison?

>RLM says "watch this"
>omg i liked it i must meme it now

kill yourself, faggot

The meteor would never have hit Earth if Carmen didn't bump it when she was piloting

I like how the script writer gave 0 fucks to the original book