Reminder that we are getting 4 Avatar sequels

>Reminder that we are getting 4 Avatar sequels

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

How many people do you think can even name a single character from Avatar?

Guy in wheel chair
Generic sergeant man

how did i do

only thing I know is that Scoun means Moron in the Avatar language. Only seen the movie once and this is all that I remembered.

Only other thing I know is an Avatar fan called Abatap who used to browse here.

If only Abatap was alive to see this

You forgot Sigourney Weaver Scientist

Norm Spellman, I think? Miles Quaritch. Doctor Augustine. Jake Su-Lee. A Toucan.

>tfw the script leak confirmed the last film to be a reversal of the first, with the Navi invading earth using ships built with human technology

Talk about lampshading troupes, lol.

>someone killed themself over Avatar
If this is true... holy shit

Did Abatap leave because he finally got a gf for because he was conscripted and died in Chechnya?

>mfw I predicted this subplot a year ago
jokes on you then. I could browse my hard drives and find my screencap of my post but I am too lazy

No he was conscripted into the Russian Army and died in an ambush in Dagestan in 2011.

How the fuck do you milk four more films out of nothing but 'giant blue people'

>joins the army
>thinks he can be friends with the other side like in Avatar
>is shot when approaching an enemy base as he says the line "THIS IS YOUR LAND"
imagine

>Avatar 2: Underwater city
>Avatar 3: Raising Alien kids and teaching them manner
>Avatar 4: new breed of Aliens tries to invade the land
>Avatar 5: Avatarians steal human ships and fly to earth to kill all humans

If this is the case, I will just watch Avatar 5 as a camrip

with his dying words he enjoined his comrades to cry more

Blue Dude , Blue Lady , Lady Science , Robot Gun Man and thats it

I remember the planet being called Pandora

I remember the mineral being called Unobtainium

>Cameron quit his job as a truck driver to enter the film industry after seeing Star Wars in 1977.[24]
>Cameron wrote a scriptment for a Titanic film,[46] met with 20th Century Fox executives including Peter Chernin, and pitched it as "Romeo and Juliet on the Titanic".[44][45] Cameron stated, "They were like, 'Oooooohkaaaaaay – a three-hour romantic epic?'"[10] The studio was dubious about the idea's commercial prospects
>Titanic was the first film to reach the billion-dollar mark. Nominated for fourteen Academy Awards, it tied All About Eve (1950) for the most Oscar nominations, and won eleven, including the awards for Best Picture and Best Director, tying Ben Hur (1959) for the most Oscars won by a single film. It remained the highest-grossing film of all time until Cameron's 2009 film Avatar surpassed it in 2010.
>In mid-2006, Fox told Cameron "in no uncertain terms that they were passing on this film"
>Fox kept wavering in its commitment to Avatar because of its painful experience with cost overruns and delays on Cameron's previous picture, Titanic, even though Cameron rewrote the script to combine several characters together and offered to cut his fee in case the film flopped.[53]
>Sup Forums is still doubting the Avatar Saga sequels and Jim's Vision

Every single time. No one ever trusts him. Then he completely BTFO all expectations. I mean, yeah, making the biggest movie of all times once might be luck... but twice though? 8 more years of Avatar!

Why now? Avatar was 8 fucking years ago, people forgot all about it long ago - I guess Cameron was waiting for special effects to get better or something?

>Lady Science

Found this very funny for some reason

wow great timing

He only just completed the scripts for the 4 movies, so shooting begins properly now.

isn't he like 50 now?

ANNNDDD FUCKIN DROPPED

>How many people do you think can even name a single character from Avatar?
i hope this shit flops hard

Fuck humans and FUCK white people!

Can't wait

do people even want Avatar 2? Why?

Neyney

>hating on Avatar
>having no problem with endless starshit, comic book garbage for eternity
At least Jim will actually make it worth while watching these in the cinemas

I remember the general was named Quatrain. He was the only decent character.

Also, why does James Cameron have a fascination with casting butch hispanic lesbians as dropship pilots?

>butch

Yeah, that's the one I'm talking about. It was obvious she was a dyke since I first saw her back in, like, The Fast and the Furious.

>like nothing you've ever seen
you mean like avatar 1?

well he is too old to pull a George Lucas starting from 2009, and hate him all you want T2 is a confy movie

>I remember the general was named Quatrain. He was the only decent character.

spot the edgelord

does ANYONE, even normals, think of avatar and think "I'd really like more of that"? hell, does anyone even think of avatar at all?

I remember Jake Sully because it was said about as often as a chant

I want to see more Jim Cameron films, regardless what they are. Stop getting so upset about Avatar.

>Betting against Cameron
>Ever

>hurr durr humans are bad muh noble savage smurfs this is sacred clay

Watched it twice and I have no idea.

people only ever talk about Avatar in the context of how great the cgi or the 3D visuals were.

Wait, didn't she die? Is she the tree now? wtf

>Avatar 2
>2016

heh

I'm not upset, I just think it has bomb written all over it. especially because of the taste left in the publics mouth after the first and the massive budget it will have.

>
The aliens took her body and stole her thoughts and memories and uploaded them to a tree. It's actually pretty scary when you think about it. Not even the dead can find peace from this evil.

>especially because of the taste left in the publics mouth
was you living in a dream during the time?
it was top of the dvd charts so a long time

>Avatar was 8 fucking years ago
How is this possible
Where did the fucking time go

avatar was fucking terrible though
and the ending was stupid as shit

yeah and then everyone either realized it sucked or forgot about it.

>talking bollocks

now that 3D TV will die because all the TV makers are pulling out and stopping making them, this will signal the death of 3D movies too.
Avatar 3 to 5 could be affected, budget wise.

Your mistake is thinking not enough foundation limits the scope of sequels but it's really the opposite. Too much foundation puts more restrictions on the stories that can be told. They could make a film with pretty much any story they want when the set up is just big blue people. But if you look at something like star wars there's all this lore and continuity getting in the way so they're more restricted

>The aliens took her body and stole her thoughts and memories and uploaded them to a tree.
A FUCKING TREE

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi has a magical tree
>Avatar has a magical tree
Why is Hollywood obsessed with trees being the plot twists now?

you just don't know

This is great and all, but it doesn't change the fact that Avatar is an incredibly mundane movie. It's the Skyrim of cinema.

jeksoullee

it is going to be amazing.
just unprecedentingly amazing.
You have no idea.
Cameron is a fucking genius

Colonel Miles Quaritch.

The rest are irrelevant.

At least Skyrim has the Randy Savage mod

If they do it right, this can be the story of how Man learns his mistake and the Earth comes back to life

He planned Avatar since Titanic my man

I like how tv shits all over one of the most successful and popular movies of all time.
The amount of work and shies amount of original well thought out ideas (except the storyline I'll give you that) is incredible.
people are willing to overlook the fact that Star Wars for example sucks balls as a story. It's classic to the point of banality.

Just make sure your body is ready for the 2 billion dollar movie that's coming.

Neytiri te Tskaha Mo'at’ite

The BEST character

This means more Neytiri and potentially cute girls (Neytiri) doing cute stuff. I can't possibly see how this is bad

How can something like this, the highest grossing movie in human history, be so absent from the lenses of pop culture?

You don't hear references to it, or jokes about it, nobody mentions it when they talk about movies they like.

Where did Avatar go? Was it really just that forgettable? I never saw it.

Eywa

>all these stupid yanks who think Avatar will fail
>not realised the domestic total of Avatar 1 was less than 30%
and yet you gargle the latest star wars dogshit (domestic of 50%), moaning about Avatar lmao

Is it going to be "I must protect my family and our blue children against the illegal aliens"-core?

They should cast Francesca in the sequels

Avatar 2 will be as well received as Sin City 2.