Americans unironically think it's a political show about Trump Pope

>Americans unironically think it's a political show about Trump Pope
when were you when you learned that USA is a cultural wasteland?

America is a non-country

Most plebs I know didn't even watch the show. They watched the trailer and assumed it's House of Card: Vatican Edition

I remember like it was yesterday. It was in 2001.

>American
>Atheist
>not a Sup Forumsack type
>love the young pope

Nobody thinks that. Stop making up lies.

>released in america
>score immediately goes down because muh religion is yucky and I can't watch this

There's seriously something wrong with them

what will second season be about? is Lenny alive or dead?

It's kinda pathetic how often Europeans think about Americans, like what the fuck is your obsession with us?

Pretty much this. You can't go 5 minutes without some yurofag stumbling into a room all

>"HA HA SHIT AMERICANS? YOU LIKE HAMBURGERS? YOU LIKE CARL JR? HA HA HA SUCH SHIT AMERICANS I MEAN WOW SUCH USA TRASH JUST WOW, HA HA HA, HAMBURGERS AND GEORGE W. BUSH!!!"

Seriously, and we're supposed to believe they don't want to just be us.

>implying superior American Pope Lenny didn't utterly school the Italian Prime Minister.and use him like a fleshlight

Oh but hey what am I saying, you're better than us, what with your refugees constantly raping your women and children and killing your men as your gov't leaders look on and do nothing, you know because you're all so PROGRESSIVE over there, not like us Nazi Fascist Decepticons over here in USA.

You can't deny the show has gotten less than stellar reviews simply because of how your current culture is

This, the same happened to The Man in the High Castle so it's not really just a single case

Lots of people love this show in the US. It's just a huge fucking country with a lot of different types of people with different opinions. There's no single homogenous "culture" in the US, it varies by region.

Okay, I'm talking specifically about critics in the USA though. The reception has been noticeably colder than from other countries

This is what Euros don't get about the US, they think the whole place is Texas.

I can't disagree with you about the state of film criticism in the US, or journalism in general, really. I think RottenTomatoes has greatly lowered the standard for this sort of thing by placing amateur bloggers right next to "legitimate" critics with equal weight. Now most the legit critics behave like bloggers.

But it's not all bad. Rolling Stone just wrote a piece arguing that the ninth episode might be the best hour of television of all time. I'm sure if I actually cared to look, I'd find a lot of very positive reviews.

>stumbling into a room
stumbling into a thread. don't pretend you know any europeans or have any kind of contact with anyone other than your mom

>(((critics in the USA)))
>show about Catholic Church
gee I wonder why they didn't understand it

how old were you when you stopped pretending that Sup Forums has any cultural complexity

One of my buddies really got into the show but didn't like the ending. The other one saw the first episode, said "I don't like the idea of an atheist pope", and dropped it.

>make show with european in-jokes that americans don't get
>americans don't get the jokes and complain

what did you think would happen

>european in-jokes
u wot