He's a pope but he drinks liquor and has sex all while they play pop music like i'm sexy and i know it

>he's a pope but he drinks liquor and has sex all while they play pop music like i'm sexy and i know it

Do you have to have 89 IQ to like this show?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Lux49tqeOlE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Borgia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Borgias_(2011_TV_series)
youtube.com/watch?v=D_vhwZZjgac
youtube.com/watch?v=isgydm69YLE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i have hbo but i don't watch this.

I don't get this show, is it like a historical show, or set in the present type thing

he doesnt have sex in the show.

the pop music is annoying though.

Fucking love this show

>Do you have to have 89 IQ to like this show?

Well this answers it.

What the fuck are you talking about?

>I've seen other people talking about this, but I haven't watched a single episode, but here's my shitty opinion anyway
I know you're only meming, but I'm still disgusted with you

Set in the present

It's House of Cards in the Vatican

No it's not
It's focused on character development and relations

...maybe if you only watch until episode 6, I can kinda see why you'd say that. But no, that's pretty far off the mark.

>he doesnt have sex in the show.
It's implied he does

No its not.

You're a fucking brainlet

youtube.com/watch?v=Lux49tqeOlE

Troll or moron?

Just american.

No

Trolling about young pope isnt even funny, because I would fell bad if someone didnt watch this KINO and my shitposting was the reasong for that.

It's like Shameless but they try harder to appeal to dumb millennials with current music.

Dumb pop music is one of Sorrentino's trademarks, friend

>hehe le Americans will never understand ART meme
I can't get too angry, because I know this is pretty much all you have, but most of us loved it

Sorrentino just likes his Pop music, it in all his Kinos. Sadly.

>Sadly.
What a colossal pleb.

Its fucking shit and overused. I still love his movies though.

Are you a moron?

>Pop music
>Kino

Pick one, friend.

>show about the catholic church
>absolutely no children get molested
>absolutely no one get cucked
0/10 not even trying.

...haven't finished the series yet, have you?

I criticized it

There's literally a whole arc about a New York bishop who's under review because of this.

Did you even watch the show?

>absolutely no one get cucked
except for that narco, kek

Please be serious. This is just a meme show, right? Literally no one has ever discussed this show in any detail and no one explains why it's great tv other than just spamming "kino."

dropped it after suffering through 5 episodes. this shit is even worse than pleb men.

what, we had great threads the past months

What do you dislike about it? The music selections on this show are perfect, and "The Great Beauty" had an excellent soundtrack too. That's all I've seen from Sorrentino but I'm planning to watch the rest shortly, I was very impressed.

It seems like he uses music as a very basic, earnest, unironic expression of emotion, which can feel kind of embarrassing or "corny" for some people. I've seen someone else call it "emotionally manipulative," but isn't filmmaking basically the art of emotional manipulation?

>show is aired in Europe
>threads hitting bump limit all talking about how great it is
>show is aired in the US
>NUH UH DIS LYK SUM HOUSE OF CURDS OR SUMTIN RITE?? *dabs niggerly*

>This is just a meme show, right?
No its a brilliant show about a man's faith in God.

This show is terrible.
Sup Forums loves it, calls it "kino" and spergs out over it like it's a masterpiece.
Adds up.

Pretty much a meme. The only people that seem to like it here are butthurt Euros and spics who are cucktholics themselves.

Dear God
We really need to talk about retarded Americans who can't appreciate a series without explosions and wacky humor, just you and me

>>threads hitting bump limit all talking about how great it is
300+ posts of "it's kino" isn't a discussion, just shitposting.

Talk then. Convince me the show isn't a meme.

I'll give you 5 minutes. You better start explaining. Now.

We discussed it to death and back though

It has a lot of layers and hidden connections, but if you require spoon-feeding, just skip it.

In all seriousness - It might be the best show I've ever seen. The whole show has a sense of humor, but there's no irony here, it's an earnest, heartfelt, and highly ambitious exploration of the relationship between man and God, and the evolving purpose of a "Church" as a middleman between the two.

It's the kind of show that should be "corny" on paper, and it's almost embarrassing to admit the emotional impact the "corniness" actually had on me. So for the most part, it's easier to meme. But I think everyone should at least give this series a chance and decide for themselves.

Sorrentino is the filmmaker that Terrence Malick has spent his whole career trying to be

this really. you don't even have to be religious or catholic to appreciate it. Sup Forums memes about kino but this show actually deserves the moniker.

>"It's just too deep bro, you wouldn't understand."

Okay, I'm now convinced it's a meme show.

You're right in the quality and it being the best single season ever made.

However, I don't think the church or religion is the message at all. To me it was all about love and growth -- with religion as a framing point.

Either way, this show is genuinely beautiful.

Dumb animeposter.

Characters are great, they change through the show as they stumble and fail. Lenny goes from this autistic authoritarian wuth radical outdated as fuck ideas to someone more open to new ways of thinking. Voiello goes from this manipalive politician to someone completely human, devoid of any wishes of glory and power and even thinking about finding love outside the church. Also he's officially /ourguy/

The photography is out of this world, no one does composition like Sorrentino. He is a contemporary genius

The themes are so rich that comparing it not only with HoC which is either an epic meme or some kind of retarded Netflix shilling, but to Mad Men is an insult. For instance, Lennys ideas and his feelings are perfectly interwined (absence is presence for the Church which is exactly how he feels about his parents) and there are many more.

The humour falls flat sometimes but other than this is a 10/10 show up there with Sopranos and The Wire.

ITT: Absolute fucking mental midgets with a couple patricians

Personal growth is learning to love yourself, and God IS love. Your interpretation and mine aren't mutually exclusive.
This is what I mean. A genuine discussion of this show would be embarrassing. KINO, snacktime-button, plebs, etc

Just make a show about these guys and be done with it

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Borgia

Pretentious pleb as fuck show.

They did though.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Borgias_(2011_TV_series)

>complaining about anime on website originally dedicated to japanese culture and other nerd shit

except house of cards is fucking garbage

Good point.
Maybe i'm just ignorant to the religious aspect since I don't appreciate religion.

>44 year old
>young

Yes it's a bad meme, only eurotrash and redditors like this garbage.

>this is a 10/10 show up there with Sopranos and The Wire
The Sopranos could definitely be called a 10/10, The Wire is at least an 8 or 9, but they're both so cynical that I have to put The Young Pope in a higher category.

I know it gets memed to oblivion, but Twin Peaks is the only show I can think of that has the same kind of transcendent quality as The Young Pope. I've never seen "The Decalogue" yet. And what else is there at this level of ambition & quality?

>brainlets calling this show pretentious

I think a new movie about that talking raccoon in a spaceship is coming out, check that out!!

>WE WUZ WEEBZ N SHIEEET
Sup Forums is meeting place for neo-nazi alt-right trump voters.

>read review when show first comes out
>wacky characters made extreme for american audiences
>read reviews when in comes out in america
>foreign film makers just don't understand how to captivate the american audience. Too weird.
>read Sup Forums reviews
>I don't get it, garbage for plebs, meme show, show for idiots
>watch show
>its pure unadulterated kino

Its truly fitting this show is met with so much resistance. I don't know if you deserve this show.

its also a show women will never EVER understand

Not what happens but it's even worse than that

Starts off as a hardline reactionary looking to root out degeneracy.

Goes back on it preaching hippy bullshit and says he grew up. It's horseshit.

So childless single men who masturbate to anime?

>It's implied he does
they only slightly suggest he had sex in his youth, not during his papacy

He literally smites a degenerate, what are you talking about? The thing about homosexuality? What argument could he have possibly made to Gutierrez in that last scene? fucking plebs I swear

Nah Twin Peaks can't be compared to this with that piece of shit second season. Fire Walk with Me is KINO though but still

Sup Forums never shuts the fuck up about that's how you know it's trash.

Why would you value the opinion of a board that has a daily Dr Who general?

>68 posts
>32 ip
>half the posts are about how the show is shit and pretentious reddit shit

so, bored samefagging troll??

Wisdom
modsiW

>Lenny goes from this autistic authoritarian wuth radical outdated as fuck ideas to someone more open to new ways of thinking.

Trash, in other words.

>Just make a show about these guys
Been done, both were shite.

>Under all that ice, could be God.

youtube.com/watch?v=D_vhwZZjgac

This scene was confusing to me but I loved it. Now I'm reading all the YouTube comments and everyone is saying the Pope was hitting on the Prime Minister in a very subtle way and the whole God under ice thing was a classy pick up line. Do you agree Sup Forums? I feel like my virginity and lack of contact with women are making me unable to understand even the most basic innuendos.

Yes, that's what you are

wow, Sup Forums, today i truly became disappointed in you.
TYP is one of the greatest new series and you can't take it seriously because you don't understand it

That's what I mean. It sounds like hyperbole, but I really think The Young Pope might be the best ever made. Twin Peaks occasionally reaches the same level, but you're right, the quality is not consistent.

>i'm just going to send the child molesting homo to alaska

Yeah, really got that shit out of there didn't he?

And yes I'm talking about the fucking homos. He said out, then he changes his mind because he "grew up".

Liberal horseshit, what that show is.

>mfw americans will never get to enjoy this because their racemixing has fucked up their european genes

youtube.com/watch?v=isgydm69YLE

Sad when you think about it

Real sharp comeback kiddo

The Young Pope doesn't fuck and will never fuck.

Is this show the ultimate pleb filter of TV shows?

Pure kino

nah that's still mad men.

The Young Pope's cinematography is more of an open clue that the show is quality

What happened to Tonino bros?

he doesnt drink or have sex you mong

You don't want to know it

prime minister a cute! CUTE!

>38 unique ips out of almost 100
>half of the posts are just spouting "kino"

Really gets those neurons firing, huh?

I don't even know what to believe about this show thanks to all the shitposting.

Is he really an edgy atheist?

Probably in alaska making snow angels or whatever meme punishment

>FLEET

Don't you understand though?

It's kino, KINO!

Anyone else think Pope is /fa/ as fuck?

>Is he really an edgy atheist?

At first. Then he finds god and becomes all compassionate and faggy

Well /fa/ are a bunch of faggots that can't dress for shit

I don't understand how pleb someone would have to be to see the themesong of this show and not be interested

Is nobody going to check this?

I feel bad for you