Rear Window

What does Sup Forums think of this film?

Absolute masterpiece, one of the greatest films. Arguably the best from Hitchcock, but it's tough competition

It's funny how much of a dick he is to Grace Kelly

In my top 5 films of all time.

Hitchcocks best.

Shia did it better.

Great movie.

Weak bait

I like it, it's good, but I don't understand the praise as Hitch's best, or even top 3-5. I have a feeling many saying this have only seen this and the Birds maybe?

It's Hitchcock's most entertaining movie.
I wasn't too intelligant to see what was great about Vertigo though.

It would be very silly of me to claim this as a director's best if I had seen 2 films of his very long filmography

Top Hitchcock:
>Vertigo
>Psycho
>I Confess
>Under Capricorn
>Shadow of a Doubt

pleb

How possibly would you call that post pleb?

>implying...
uh sorry, old habits
>claiming it's a great movie
>claiming it's hitchcock's best
>implying hitchcock has a lot of good movies
fuck off back to cahiers du cinema, peasant

Name a sexier and classier woman than Grace Kelly

I really can't quite grasp what you're trying here, because the three implications are obvious truths.
Baiting this hard on a Hitchcock thread, far away from the board's nature, seems very useless.

you misspelled cuntier and more jaded

delete your account. Sad!

this is not bait. you're just simply an idiot. i won't elaborate 'cause it doesn't mean that much to me to bother (you can google Welles on Hitchcock for an intro), just wanted to call you out as a pleb and plant a lil seed of doubt in your noggin.

>account
oh hello, reddit

Meh movie story and tension-wise. There were many movies who did tension a lot better than this even at that time, and for a thriller especially its lacklustre. The climactic scene is just silly. Is Thorvald supposed to seem like a bumbling idiot or is he supposed to be scary? I dont understand how the final scene is so boring and tensionless after building up the villain for a long time, but it is just that - boring. And a thriller with a boring final act is not a good movie.

Its very good camera work for its time, with long panning shots across the courtyard and in and out of Stewart's apartment in single shots.

I dont think its a great movie.

man what's with north by northwest?

I'm sorry you feel you have to try so hard, but then again it's Sup Forums

I can't stand Jimmy Stewart.

Why did the killer walk very slowly towards him, get blinded, continue walking very slowly, get blinded again and so on instead of just closing his eyes and running at him?

To be honest the entire story was really weak and dull, but that's most of hitchcock's movies I'd say.

Also am I supposed to believe Grace Kelly would be in love with that saggy tittied graying old man?

i am too sorry you are so insecure you cannot have a genuine opinion and choose to worship the likes of Andrew Sarris, or otherwise actually are so dumb as to not see any problems with Hitchcock's movies.

Johnny Depp's was better

You're a fucking idiot.

Pretty good but a bit overrated. Same with vertigo.

Best Hitchcock/Stewart film was Rope.

his voice grates on me

you forgot to say 'mass deportion'

Why does this board hate Hitchcock? Constantly I see this sentiment on threads here

I love him and think he's an absolute master, just think this one's a little overrated. Interesting little exercise.

Rope and Rear Window have really comfortable spaces.
I live in a house, so I can't go looking at random people far away with a large camera zoom.
At the day and age of such technology too.

Did you guys really enjoying the ending? The way the killer walked over to the apartment and got repeatedly blinded my the lightbulbs than falling out the window?

In my opinion it was his weakest endings.

Well that had some thriller aspect to it since he was in a cast and could hardly move. But it's an overall good movie, the ending shouldn't really affect it that much.

Too canonical, gotta rebel

Its my favorite Hitchcock film. An insightful story about both one man's, and our, voyeurism.

It's a little known fact but the reason the movie is so good is because they had problems in production, they couldn't get the mechanical shark to work until late on in production so that forced Hitchock to write/direct the movie only revealing the killer really late

Nice alt-poster

kek

Back then, the men were all DYEL dad mode and woman were expected to be models. Which makes sense since little exercise + constant smoking/drinking= thin women and dadbodied men.

Now its the opposite. Fat woman in Hollywood get a "so brave! you go girl!" from the masses, and men are expected to be shredded. Though sitcoms have fat a shit men and hot women, so whatevs.

>mfw Amy Schumer IS the Barbie, and probably ends up with a 10/10 chad Ken
>mfw when Ken is played by Idris Elba

>Story/thriller aspects- mid tier 6/10
>Dialogue/characters- high tier 10/10
>Camera work and other pretentious shit 10/10

I like Rear Window mainly for the two leads. The dialogue and relationship between them is fairly complex in a way rarely seen in romance. The thriller aspects are serviceable, but nothing amazing.

only seen this, vertigo and the birds

ranking: rear window > vertigo > the birds

he's not very good at endings i noticed