Catalan Referendum 2: Putting the pain back in Spain edition

Come and discuss the happennings with your fellow Sup Forumsellectuals

As of now:

>Catalan police refuses to intervene to stop referendum

>National police has been sent instead and has started closing electoral centers and confiscafing ballot boxes

>At least neo barricade has been set up in Barcelona

>Clashes between the national police and voters who refuse to leave. Injureds not reported as of yet but believed to be in the 100s

>The voting system is down in some voting centers and reportedly can only be accessed through VPN

>Long lines and large crowds surrounding the schools that are still open

>Catalan goverment pretty much gives up on any attempt to count or valodate the vote and allows for people to vote anywhere if their center is closed, with votes printed from home if necessary.

Official Sup Forums poll here:
strawpoll.com/ak3rg2xy

Buckle up lads, and come along for the ride

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SjUGZ-ZWPUQ
twitter.com/LuzSanchis/status/914421795817705472
youtube.com/watch?v=Pg5nqQva01o
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese_Restoration_War
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

top 10 pranks that went too far

Resist, Catalonia!

fuck off Jordi

>Catalan goverment pretty much gives up on any attempt to count or valodate the vote and allows for people to vote anywhere if their center is closed, with votes printed from home if necessary.

How the result may even be trustworthy and relevant then? It's a naive coup d'état which may end up either tragically or with a disappointment for all sides.

Puigdemont really done goofed desu

Country internal politics are NOT Sup Forums related.

>How the result may even be trustworthy and relevant then?
It's not. This is more a demonstration than a referendum now

>Spaniards are proud of this

People can vote in different centers, because of the thelematic vote counters were turned off. So, one person can vote several times in different places with no control. Me, that im not from Catalonia, I can vote. This all thing, the referendum, its all a joke.

they're good boys
youtube.com/watch?v=SjUGZ-ZWPUQ

Why do CataloniANOS want to leave again?

Send tanks and end it once and for all. (without actually shooting, just to scare them out and crush their nationalistic childish dreams)

They don't need it.
This picture alone almost guarantees that there will be a pacted referendum in 1 or 2 years.

>European union can't exist without Barcelona
What are you talking about? The entire UK is leaving and the EU is still going

>Shut down the telematic system
>Close voting schools
>Steal ballots and ballot boxes
"See guys? They can't even get a voting right!"

Maybe not today, maybe not in a year, but Spain has lost Catalonia.

Catalunya triomfant,
tornarà a ser rica i plena!

If I pull that off will you die?

Why? That's what you get when you take part in a stupid coup d'état.

This. There is no way they can live in peace after what happened today

>voting is a coup d'etat
>literally invading a region with police and seizing it by smashing old people who were waiting to vote is democracy

well, FUCK OFF

So you imply they should just let them organise that illegal referendum? They're too soft on them tbqh.

>a civil war broke out where hundreds of thousands were killed yet the state remained united
>a couple of injuries will end it's unity
???

It would be extremely entertaining.

It's not even voting at this point, just a pointless riot. Bring the tanks and they'll calm down.

I am saying that a solution where Catalonia stays in Spain isn't possible anymore

twitter.com/LuzSanchis/status/914421795817705472

Funny thing, it's hard to make the Mossos look like a pacific police force (with their tortures and murders) but they're making it

What country would recognise independent Catalonia, though? Probably you're right, but whatever will happen is not good for Catalonians.

We don't live in the 30s anymore. Europe has changed

Tu que eres el follonero? xDD

yep, that's the thing with democracy
They dindu nuffin

Slav shits can't into liberal democracy

I don't know, but if I had to guess, Spain will bow to international pressure eventually and allow a legal referendum

What are they gonna do, fight for it?

>not respecting the law
>democracy

>independenshits getting beaten up

lmao

yea, no still desu

the only way Catalonia will ever become it's own country if it does so legally

After today, there will be a lot of pressure on Spain to allow a referendum

Guarantee you if it actually came down to a real referendum it would end like Scotland where the reality of what would actually happen if they left (EU invite never happening, healthcare issues, pension issues, major companies leaving, currency questions) would cause people to vote no.

I'm sure Catalans would disagree but people with families in stable jobs aren't risking possibly losing everything, same with old people and their pensions.

Im not from Catalonia, and here some of us are just tired of the government, we just want them to vote. The government could have stopped this a long time ago, but they want to have the people occupied

>there will be a free Catalonia in our lifetime

>Guarantee you if it actually came down to a real referendum it would end like Scotland
Not after today.

If Spain vetoed a hypotetical catalonia in EU then yeah, sure. Otherwise Spain has a lot more to lose from independence than Catalonia

>If Catalonia wins we get [autistic screeching]
>If Catalonia loses we get [autistic screeching]
>Spain's actions at this point have practically guaranteed weeks if not months of entertainment

No matter who loses, I win. This is shaping up to be hilarious.

regardless of how much pressure there is, as long as there is no common understanding of one, it won't happen, and Catalans have their panties in a twist about that, much as the PP or the PSOE does

Famous last words.

I want to help Catalonia, but how?

Second International Brigade when?

oh my bad

Do you want to help Palestine then as well?

>That flag

Yeah, seems about right.

>If Spain vetoed a hypotetical catalonia in EU then yeah, sure.
Didn't even think of that. Wow.

But there has got to be too many businesses operating through that border for the Spaniard government to push for trade barriers, right?

We have seen again and again how opressive regimes had to give in to peaceful protestors due to external pressure. This will be no different.

he has said it ironically

A video in spanish to know more about the things that happened & are going to happen.

youtube.com/watch?v=Pg5nqQva01o

this isn't an oppressive regime though

just because people are riled up and calling it that doesn't mean it is. Did you know that in Catalonia people get taught about 2 hours worth of spanish in normal schools, whereas in french schools there they're taught 5 hours of it? The Spaniards have given Catalonia every possible amenity and exception they could ask for save for independence. It's a farce to call them an oppressive regime

>Sup Forums
>discussing politics

It's like saying Sup Forums actually discusses videogames

I find this "Free Catalonia" bullshit so childish.

This kind of shit made sense centuries ago, but nowadays it's kinda of a moot point, everyone is ruled by the EU either way, what's the point of independence ?

I understand the historical need to tell Spain to fuck off like we did some centuries ago, but it's too late, let it go you commie fucks, life is not braveheart.

I wrote wrong a word, I noticed it after your post

Except Spain didn't existed when Portugal became independent

Catalunya Lliure

no sweat man

>Did you know that in Catalonia people get taught about 2 hours worth of spanish in normal schools, whereas in french schools there they're taught 5 hours of it?
That shit doesn't matter. We can see in real-time how Spanish police beats up eledry people. Spain wont get any international support

this kind of referandums are retarted. We will see the referendums to split the country as Lefitst and Rightist.

So fuck Catalonia.

>Send tanks and end it once and for all
>that flag
>that post

>Did you know that in Catalonia people get taught about 2 hours worth of spanish in normal schools,
There are catalans in this thread, and all of us have gone through catalan public school system. Might want to consider that before you go ahead and lie

I wouldn't know about that because I don't browse Sup Forums as I'm not a racist and I don't browse Sup Forums as I'm not a manchild.
It's still no excuse to start shitting up other boards.

>everyone is ruled by the EU either way, what's the point of independence
This. I have been thinking about this all day. What is the point? Catalonia would certainly join the EU if it were to secede from Spain. The people wouldn't be any more "free" then they are right now. It's a pointelss struggle. The Spanish governemnt should send in the military and shoot the protesters. Now that Madrid has shown that it is willing to use force it might as well go all the way and violently supress the rebels.

I'm fairly certain that he is talking about this
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese_Restoration_War

desu this kind of thing and the Kurdistan Independence makes me appreciate Turks more for having to put up with commie kurds.

That said Turkish right wingers are still not much different from violent monkeys.

>we can see in real time how spanish police beats up elderly people

the police have honestly done a really good job given what they're supposed to do desu

If I'm wrong please do correct me, it's always good to know

EU law mostly applies to trade, which is very important, but lots of stuff that are important too are left to each member-state. And you can leave EU legally but you couldn't leave Spain like so.

So it's diferent.

>The Spanish governemnt should send in the military and shoot the protesters.

FREEEEEDOOOOM

What a shithole
Absolutely disgusting

Excellent meme there, Hans. It doesn't prove me wrong. Meme shit like human rights is irrelevant when your country is about to balkanise.

I hope Spain bombs that arab shithole to the ashes

>bomb that arab shithole
Why would Spain bomb itself?

You would really use tanks against your fellow countrymen, just to prevent an independance movement?

дpyзья~
EU should just form a federation.

entonces cuáles son los motivos de la independencia?
todavia no comprendo de que va esto

Denying millions of people freedom is rightious?

Fuck off Stalin

Catalonia has 60% of spain's arabs/muslims, it's not comparable, not even with Madrid

>freedom to break the law and destabilise the whole Europe

he would and he did

If they want this country to fall apart then they are no countrymen of mine. Don't start shit if you are afraid of dying.

*heems your Nan*
*takes your ballot boxes*

pshh, nothin' personell pendejo.

If they want independence just fight for it, it's so fucking shameful gaining independence from a fucking vote, like fags

>He believes that the law is right

When the law become unjust, resistance becomes a duty

Fuck off

KATALONIJA JE ŠPANIJA

what kind of weapons do Catalans have?
I know there is Mossos

Because ETA were so successful...
If you want the world to recognise your state it has to be a democratic process.

Was Walesa wrong?

You are where that line of thinking takes you. You got a lot of clay to play with and, sure a pretty big GDP too. But your GDP per capita and HDI are below even ours. That is to say you got a buff country, but each Russian person is generally worse off that a person here.

You really want a civil war in your neighbourhood?

>then they are no countrymen of mine
then you should let them go

>Spain won't get any international support

Rubbish. No major country will risk their relationship with Spain by putting pressure over what amounts to cuts and bruises from heavy-handed policing.

We may hear a few non-committal soundbites, but that's it.

The many countries of the world who face separatist movements within their own borders won't want to set the precedent that it is right for other governments to opine about their own internal issues.

Everything will go on as normal in the rest of the world unless something entirely unprecedented happens.

arriba, parias de la tierra

>You really want a civil war in your neighbourhood?
>German education

Catalonia is closer to us than Portugal

no, but I could never leave knowing I'm a resident of a fag country that gained independece from a fucking vote, while real countries had to fought for it.
but catalans are scummy/jews/cowards, so I guess they can live with it

Don't mind him.

I think there's been a new wave of Portuguese shitposters recently.