Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7iNbnineUCI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

> American suburb
It reminds me of this song.
youtube.com/watch?v=7iNbnineUCI

Sit-coms have you meme'd

suburbs are garbage

They can be pretty comfy but I’d have preferred to grown up in a place where shops were in walking distance

Gross. Villages for life.

America us a cucked country. No different to bongistan

I grew up kinda like that.

I live in a suburb
AMA

Is this in oregon?

These suburbs just aren't the same thing...

Northern California

No, they're not. I mean, I have 3 grocery stores 5-10 minutes walking distance from there, and the city centre is 10 minutes by car.

Hey, I was darn close wasn't I? I was gonna suggest Northern Cali first. Give me some credit?

theyre pretty cool. but my neighbors are fucking garbage for not taking care of their lawn properly

It's the same for me.
City center is across a bridge to the south of my house.
Grocery store is less than a mile to the north. There's a gym right across the street from the grocery store
Bunch of small restaurants and coffee shops near the grocery store
Alright
*gives you a gold star*

sitcoms glorify renting an unrealistically large flat in manhattan or la mate

what the fuck do you count as a village? in an actual village everything, including all the shops, are within walking distance
pic related, town I used to live in

most suburbs where i am are like 10 minutes biking/walking difference from some kind of restaurant or convince store and most suburbs are like 15-20 minutes walking distance from the town proper

Thanks for the star.
Here is a comfy american suburb.

this. suburbs are great, flats/apartments are shit

the best part about my life was growing up really comfy in a kansas suburb with my childhood friends across the street and my elementary school down the road

now it sucks

>ywn be a rebellious chad driving a mustang in 1980s america

You wouldn't believe how cheaply these things are constructed.

At least it's not on 1-2 acre parcels like the worst of them

That's nice. It's how Norway is like. The thing is though, we have so small cities that it's always like that, everything is closeby. The sprawl of houses outside of the city center is where we live, or inside the city center in condos. That's why I say it's "kinda the same", because everything is so big in the US, hence the large suburbs from what I hear. We always hear about these vast neverending suburbs in which you could almost get lost, and that they are far from the city center.

>he didn't grow up in the city center
haha

I'll take something cheaply constructed over the madness here any day of the weak
even shitty 600sqft (65sqm) flats don't go under $300k and for a proper house you're looking at $600k+

I grew up in an American suburb.

Shit was alright for a kid. Got boring once I was older, considering there was virtually nothing to do within walking distance of my house.

Family moved to a more rural area when I was transitioning to middle school. Shit sucked.

>growing up around gangs and hobos

>flag
What happened

First girlfriend was Delhi.

We broke up after I'd already bought a plane ticket to visit her. Came here a second time, ran out of money, made a lot of friends, and have been coming back once or twice per year ever since.

Loads of friends in the NCR. India is inexpensive, full of mostly friendly (if occasionally cringe-worthy) people, and has a lot of shit to do and see.

Going back home in January to finish my last two semesters of university, but I wouldn't mind working here afterward, provided I'm earning a low-average salary by American standards ($20k+ per year here would be god-tier as a single guy).

well thats kind of true. some suburb layouts here can just be fucktarded, but they arent that far from the city/town itself, its just that no one bothers. plus we have really strict zoning laws here

*from Delhi

It's garbage and not exciting

The suburbs are shit. All of the downsides of urban and rural, but with none of the benefits they have.