Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMD-1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMD-4
youtube.com/watch?v=eQb2Sqerj8E
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coba)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

a low key drug transporter

An amphibious tracker.

An amphibious tracker to do river crossing of some gear its usually parachuted in with the parachute rifle brigades

It's me

Hey, Mexico.
The heck is this?
I'll tell you! It's your lovely honey wasps, the only known species of wasp to produce honey. Not quite a bee, but they still have me beeside myself with admiration.

guacmobile

War against narco

Why not an APC then?

I read somewhere that mexico has no tanks, this must be the equivalent

Those are actually kinda cool

Nah. we do armored vehicles

We don't have tanks, tho (why the fuck would we need them anyway?) but yeah, OP is obviously not the equivalent.

APC can't be parachuted

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMD-1

Way to heavy to be launched from planes
That thing will follow the paratroopers carrying gear or supplies
We do IFVs and currently doing a 8 wheeled IFV, tanks are not really a priority but there is the plan to build something similar

>not guac-a-mobile

Pleb. We converted our old Condor APCs to utes.

>Why would we need them anyway
Because syrian war experience showed that you cannot launch an offensive without armour without getting decimated, we techno WW1 now, modern combat is very defensive no more blitzes not even with air superiority

That's what I meant. And yes, tanks are useless for us, what we do need is a supersonic interceptor, not a lot of hope that's going to happen next presidential term tho.

Russians do build Airdroppable APC's like i said to the Chilean. This is the most recent version.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMD-4

Its very sad
But we could use at least one regiment of tanks in the north, our IVs are as useful in the war on drugs but as the Argie says experience
Our interceptor situation is just sad

IFvs*
Fair enough

youtube.com/watch?v=eQb2Sqerj8E
dAKKA Dakka dakka

Red goes faster but the way

Yeah, I think we could handle Guatemala without those while we could invest in thousands and still not be able to handle the US for longer than 49 hours in conventional warfare. Which gets me to the point we have no enemies and even powers like China and Russia are barely able to deploy a single carrier each, who's going to attack us that we need tanks? Light armoured vehicles are more than enough for our needs.

>modern combat is very defensive
Wat. If anything it's even more offensive. MBTs are obsolete in the sense that they're 5-10x more expensive than AFVs but can still get btfo by some goat herder with the latest gen ATGMs. They are the most vulnerable when sitting still. Naval warfare had proven thicker armor was a dead end with battleships replaced by unarmored fast, stealthy, long reached frigates and destroyers. The time has come for MBTs to be similarly relegated to history.

When you can field more AFVs that can do what tanks do, at the fraction of the cost of MBTs, the choice is obvious. Active defences will also negate having thick armor.

Tanks are gross overkill for fighting crime and if you don't think so you should look at the operating costs for modern units, nevermind that the army should not be fighting narcos in the first place.

Do you actually know the doctrine behind BMD-1 in the VDV? It's a very specific one, and you need a lot of hardware that no country in Latin America has. (Starting with a great number of Il-76 or Mi-26 copters)
Besides, most probably mexican paratroopers are oriented to be used in infiltration missions

Did we watch the same war? no offensive on any side without armour amounted to shit, even ISIS used them

That's why I said that they would be as useful as our current IFVs
That means, they are never used for that matter
We apparently are building a national inspired version of these with a main gun but it should go on wheels not on tracks atm

cool, hopefully they'll also be amphibian, I misunderstood, I thought you meant actual tanks

I still think they're useful as fuck. Smart thinking from Russia.

Here Paratroopers been testing airdropping those a while ago.

>defending a militarzed state

>Mi-26
We gave them a try and they are very expensive to fly

No one's calling them useless, but they fullfill a very different task from the majority of paratroopers around the world. Have you ever wondered why the VDV was more important than the soviet marines during the Cold War?

Yes, but don't they still do to this day btw?

No, we are not and you cannot objectively call Mexico one. Even for police state I'll take paying a mordida over the chance I get shot for just reaching for my car registry.

Woah dude I don't remember our fatty police looking like this

Yes, they're still doing that, although the VDV lost a lot of troops after the Soviet Union dissolution.
Only recently they've started to create new batallions and companies.
They're very useful though. Are you still using it? Peru used to have 3 of them, but they don't fly them anymore bevause of the high maintenance cost

Fascinating how they managed to rebuild their military after USSR.

No, we had 1 or 2 crashes I think, we sold the rest of them and kept one for the aviation museum
The air frame its still airworthy but according to the museum curator the propeller system is missing parts, if Russia provided those it could fly again
They were replaced by CH53s that also are about to die now, Boeing already offered the Chinook as a replacement

>btfo by some goat herder with the latest gen ATGM
Not in combined modern warfare where Predators and Apaches have strafed and hellfire'd as well as artillery and mortar any ATGM position when the tanks move in and normal goat herder can't afford 500k dollars launcher and 100k missile which is the case in Afghanistan.
No AFV can fulfil the role of a 60ton battering ram like the battle where American tanks rolled in while bulldozers bury Iraqis in their trenches alive after pinning them with 20mm cannons.

You're my new favorite poster
Got more Mexican bees facts?

we have MLRS buggy
how can anyoe can compete?

Come again?

it's just a fucking car not buggy
come again later

It's a Jeep you dummy.

Did you bee cultivation in Southern Mexico predates the Columbian exchange? The Mayans cultivated Melipona beechei, a type of bee that doesn't even sting! These beeauts can still be found in Central America, though they're numbers are threatened "due to massive deforestation, altered agricultural practices (especially insecticides), and changing beekeeping practices". Still, these littles guys-a make me say "Oh M(a)y-a!"

>Did you bee cultivation in Southern Mexico predates the Columbian exchange?
Yes
>Mayans cultivated Melipona beechei, a type of bee that doesn't even sting!
Neat
>These beeauts can still be found in Central America, though they're numbers are threatened "due to massive deforestation, altered agricultural practices (especially insecticides), and changing beekeeping practices". Still, these littles guys-a make me say "Oh M(a)y-a!"
Damn
Thank you beeposter, I had a couple honey/beekeeping webms but I can't find them

One more, real quick. Bee keeping was apparently important enough to the Mayans that they named cities after it, such as Cobà (en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coba) which has a name that literally means "place of the bees". To this day, Mexico is still the world's sixth largest producer of honey, though it apparently is increasingly tending towards African bees rather than traditional breeds.

>Thank you beeposter
Thank you for your interest! I love making friends on Sup Forums. Good luck with those webma.

Looks like japanese bee

Hmm, I got it from a random article, so it's possible they mislabeled it.

They're probably in my laptop
If I have time in the week and I catch you I'll post them

Fuerza nacionál. What else?

Mario!

moon rover stolen from nasa

An IFV without the tytanium plates and autocannon added.

My grandfather used to have some of those. You could eat the paper and everything

Not supporting the creation of a GuP State