How is the Byzantine Empire viewed in the Middle East and North Africa?

How is the Byzantine Empire viewed in the Middle East and North Africa?
What do they teach about it in schools?

Other urls found in this thread:

the961.com/study-proves-lebanese-are-phoenician/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Do it again bomber Crusader

enemy

this

They thought us how Kalid defeated the Byzantines with smaller army

taught*

the evil white man that suppressed the brownies

>Suppressed brownies
More liked sucked their cocks, Byzantine was Muslim caliph's bitch that they diddled once in a while.

i fucking LOVE these ber pictures
why do greeks create the best memes
is it because the greeks are truly superior?

it's a Russian meme actually and it's pretty outdated

that's how we roll

We learn that they were losers

All of the Coptic period was told in like half a page in elementary school and never talked about again. Leaves good room for the Islamic brainwashing I think.

In good schools we learn about how advanced they were, their architecture, the orthodox church and their legacy. Also here the western church and the pope at the time are blamed for their fall since one crusade, I believe the 4º, raided Constantinople. I always wondered how they would be today's, I would totally trade Portugal and Spain for them. One more thing a few years after their fall the portuguese arrived here 1500

Do you have religious classes in school? Here the government is going to unironically put a priest in every school, the classes are """optional""" of course

Same. Keep posting bears Greek

Yes but no priests . It's usually the Arabic teacher since they know much about old Arabia and Islam. I think Christians get a teacher.

>What do they teach about it in schools
They don't. We were taught the Empire fell with Rome.

most of them don't even know that all of the middle east and north africa was ruled by the byzantine empire

the arab byzantine wars took place in the middle east ffs, and the arabs were the invaders, so clearly the middle east was byzantine territory, and the only time it prospered was under byzantine rule

You are the insufferable guy from /his/ I presume?

Are you from the Middle East?

no, i'm not, and i think he's from northern DR, and from the south, so fuxk him

No, I'm from Brasilia.

ok. you both suck either way

your country sucks too, egypt has a lower GDP per capita and HDI than DR

lel

The Roman Empire was Byzantine

Even in the Quran Allah mentioned them as Romans

“The Romans have been defeated in the near land (to al-Hijaz) and after their defeat they will soon be victorious in a few years time.”

we were actually taught that the Middle East and North Africa were under Byzantine. But it didn't belong to Byzantine at first. Egyptians were pretty happy to be freed from Byzantium rule.

>white man
>Greek
>being that delusional

>Egyptians were pretty happy to be freed from Byzantium rule.
This is what Palestinians have told me before, but Copts have universally told me that the Christians were not happy to be "liberated" by the Caliphs.

gayreeks are white, sandniggers who have light features are byzantine rapebabies

the961.com/study-proves-lebanese-are-phoenician/
>The traits of the past people in Sidon and the present-day Lebanese had comparable skin, hair, and eye colors (in general: light intermediate skin pigmentation, brown eyes and dark hair). But with the past people in Sidon having darker skin than Lebanese today.

I wasn't certain, but I guess the Greeks (and to a lesser degree the Romans and the Franks) did bring lighter skin to the Levant.

byzantines got btfo of the middle-east by the rashiduns

They were tho

Egyptians were sick and tried from the Byzantine-Sasanian wars and they were even exhausted by it

I actually don't remember my teacher even mentioning the Byzantines, and if he did it wasn't much cuz there was nothing about it in the exams

>tfw currently taking a byzantine history class at uni this semester

No one likes getting conquered and forced into dhimmitude.

You are by far the worst poster on /his/. Go away.
Even the Christian in the Middle East sided with the Muslims because of how badly they were treated by the Byzantines.

this desu

Do some Muslim Egyption consider themselfs non-Arab?

Not an Egyptian but I knew an Egyptian guy. The vibe I got was the most Muslim Egyptians consider themselves to be Egyptian and Arab, whereas the Copts don't call themselves Arabs and never went with the Pan-Arabism meme

>They thought us how Kalid defeated the Byzantines with smaller army
That's fucking it? That really pisses me off for some reason.

Most do ime. The guy you're talking to is agnostic and I can't imagine that's easy in a Muslim country.

this is actually the truth

egypt barely put up a fight because the byzantine empire just went through an armagedon war. This is also why it was weak enough for arabs to waltz in and take it over (which started before muhammad united them FYI)