I just converted to Christianity

I just converted to Christianity.

AMA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bk9f_QMjwMk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What are you going to say to your waifu when you tell her you converted to the heretic's religion?

zitto animale

Shinto > chr*stianity

Good on you man, but if you still have ancestral beliefs then your ancestors are probably rolling in their graves right now desu.

Why did you convert? I converted from Catholicism to this

get a cross necklace

I felt like it.

I converted to Orthodox

Why would you voluntarily do something I was forced to do?

it means you're korean

Your folks also convert? Or is it just you? Also, ain't Christians rare in Japan?

>Orthodox
why

Orthodox doctrine is not true Christianity. It commits a heresy called Pelagianism. Would you like me to explain?

I thought I might as well choose the most original/historical form of Christianity

You would've gone for the Syriac/Aramaic rite of the Catholic church if you want to get technical on that.

Patrician as fuck desu. Θεός bless you.

are there many Christians in Japan?

you just joined a losing party

It is not the most original or historical, thats just a meme. Same with Catholicism, which also commits Pelagianism

why are you a faggot?

Grace on the newborn isn't the same as that. Salvation without works is the real bs if you want to go into heresy.

>Grace on the newborn isn't the same as that.
I know
meriting your way to salvation or to more grace is a heresy
Salvation without works is the only way to be saved. It is a free gift from God

Do you actually believe in God? Or did you do it for shits and giggles?

Are you aware that Jesus Christ was a jew?

You should have stayed shinto
Now your country's proud culture is eroding away

>consciously choosing to believe in something that you know isn't real

Can a knight beat with a longsword beat up a samurai with a katana?

Sola fide is for hypocrites, didn't Jesus say something about trees and the fruit they bear? Anyway good luck figuring any theology out without Petrine supremacy, Christianity was built upon a rock and it stands on Rome.

>didn't Jesus say something about trees and the fruit they bear?
yes, fruit is the evidence of salvation. no contradiction there

Mayan is true religion

Good lad

>eastern orthodox
>ever having anything to do with pelagianism

That is one of the silliest things I've ever heard, it was only ever a problem in the Western Church and it was the Western Church that refuted it.

There are Syriac Christians outside of the Catholic Church, but I wouldn't necessarily say that Syriac Churches are any closer to the original Church than Eastern Orthodox, Greek or Latin Catholics, or Oriental Orthodox. In terms of everyday practice they're very similar.

Catholicism and Orthodoxy explicitly teach that grace is unmerited and have never taught otherwise, you're 500 years behind m8

日本人?
使徒信条暗唱できる?

>being religious
You are mentally ill.

you need to go back

Fuck off scum. Religous cretins are not welcome on Sup Forums.

Syriacs mantain the rites closer to the original in form and Catholics hold apostolic supremacy, even if you argue it to be solely primus inter pares.

kek, there was also something about camels and needdles

>no respect for culture or tradition
fedorafags are disgusting

Just because they vocally condemn Pelagianism doesn't mean they don't commit it in practice
>must be baptized, attend mass, and confess sins in order to be saved
this is pelagianism by definition

Forgiveness without contrition doesn't fly Lutheran

It really isn't, cooperating with God is not the same as meriting grace. None of those things are *absolutely speaking* necessary for salvation, though Church teaching regarding baptism, the Eucharist, and confession goes back to the earliest days.

>None of those things are *absolutely speaking* necessary for salvation
it is for the average person
>though Church teaching regarding baptism, the Eucharist, and confession goes back to the earliest days.
yeah

for the average person according to Catholic doctrine I mean. Not according to the bible

It goes to humility, pride comes before the fall

>it is for the average person

Generally speaking, but again the underlying theology behind the Eucharist, confession, and baptism are all taught by the churches with apostolic succession (Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox, Church of the East) and you can quite theologians, Church Fathers, Apostolic Fathers, and scripture itself to add weight to these teachings. I find it hard to believe that Christians were all wrong for 1500 years.

>name dropping with no actual sources or quotes

Galatians 5:4
You are made void of Christ, you who are justified in the law: you are fallen from grace.

Tertulian, St. Hyppolytus, Origen, and other early Church Fathers agree

From the Shepherd of Hermas, AD 80 (while it isn't a canonical text it does describe what early Christians believed and practised)

"It is on this account therefore, Sir," say I, "that I enquire everything accurately of thee; first, because I am a sinner; secondly, because I know not what deeds I must do that I may live, for my sins are many and various." "Thou shalt live," saith he, "if thou keep my commandments and walk in them and whosoever shall hear these commandments and keep them, shall live unto God."
"I will still proceed, Sir," say I, "to ask a further question." "Speak on," saith he. "I have heard, Sir," say I, "from certain teachers, that there is no other repentance, save that which took place when we rent down into the water and obtained remission of our former sins."
He saith to me; "Thou hast well heard; for so it is. For he that hath received remission of sins ought no longer to sin, but to dwell in purity.

From Saint Justin in AD 151

"As many as are persuaded and believe that what we [Christians] teach and say is true, and undertake to be able to live accordingly . . . are brought by us where there is water, and are regenerated in the same manner in which we were ourselves regenerated. For, in the name of God, the Father and Lord of the universe, and of our Savior Jesus Christ, and of the Holy Spirit, they then receive the washing with water. For Christ also said, ‘Except you be born again, you shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven’ [John 3:3]"

1 Peter 3:21
"Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a clear conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ"

John 3:5
Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

The Nicene Creed states that "We believe in one baptism for the forgiveness of sins"

so basically you're only meme religious and didn't become Christian on any theological grounds

kys

Religion and especially Christianity is for brainlets. You fucked up.

>organized religion
>any year
You might as well just stamp the word cuckold on your forehead

gay Tbh

>mfw I go to Japan and see white Shintoists

Here I am. What ya gonna do? :^)

Just don't be a catholic and you are "alright".

anime hesus so kawai nigga

>Converting to church that retains original teachings of Christa and His apostles
>"""Y-youre a meme believer"""

Jesus was a Jew

nein

Have you ever been on /tg/ at least? Not even talking about Sup Forums.

retard pls, it's a historical fact, he was born on the territory of modern Israel, he was Jewish ethnically, he also studied Iudaism

Why tho ? Are you marring a /balk/ or rusky woman ?

Fakenews. Jesus was a Nordic Aryan who loved whipping merchants.

And this is relevant how?

Will you spread Christianity to fellow Japanese to increase babies

why did you choose christianity instead of native europian paganism?

when did you learn of your mental retardation ?

no. Jesus was a Gnostic-sage Christian Galilean.

t. pseudopatrician

one question.
why?

Jesus was a hippie from the Rabbinic class who probably picked up some Buddhism somehow and managed to confuse his followers into thinking he was a god or some shit before he got tortured to death as part of the Romans' regular purges of Jewish memelords

>Not Tengriism at the top

shit chart

Nothing to ask. Here, catch

youtube.com/watch?v=bk9f_QMjwMk

Now you make me to covert to Shinto to keep balance.
HOW WOULD I JUSTIFY THAT I AM NOT JAPANESE?!

But japanon, now you make the kamis sad ;-;

Europeans literally worship a Middle Eastern man as god. You should feel flattered

the bible is real

yeah, we worship a man that was clearly superior to the whole europe and that's why I worship that dude too

heaven rejoices that you've found salvation! good on you japanon!

Thats because of semitic superiority

hezus was total alfa to be honest

Nice
But first versions always have bugs.

Judaism > literal idolatry

He can be into judo

orthodoxy, not jerking
is that what the first sign says?

Da

I kind of agree :/
I mean, I am curremtly on a nofap that started in May

But I did not begin because of religion

Would you suck a white man's cock after he forced you to watch him banging your girlfriend, mother and sister?

are you retarded

we don't have priestesses

>converting to lick negroe feet/turning the other cheek religion

Your samurai ancestors would commit Seppuku if they know of what you've done

>can't even articulate properly the things you're trying to contradict and has to use memewords to complete a point

this is an 18+ only site.

Are you the one who decides who this Sup Forums allows and doesnt allow?
Sorry for not recognizing you, faggot.
May God have mercy on your soul
I will pray for you

>Rabinnic
It was Rabinić actually, he was a Serb.
Rob is our word for slave, and robiti/rabiti robotiti/rabotiti means to work
As his ancestor was a slave(rob), that guy's son was Rabin or Rabov
As in Serbia we got our surnames from the oldest person in the house, we add -ić to it to make it suitable for his grandchildren, because that is deminutive
That's how it ended up with Rabinić
Idk why is it Rabinnic now, that sound gay lol

Yeah have a gay pedofiles hahaha

Are you retarded? Religion is a scam.

>Professing himself to be wise, user became a mentally defective retard (Romans 1:22)

No need to explain.

Pelagianism is the belief that humans have no original sin, and that people can achieve salvation outside of the Church with their own free will, no graces from God.

From that view sprung semi-pelaganism, which taugh that free will plays a part in man seeking out God, but God's grace ultimately saves them.

From what I understand, the Apostolic religions have a more integrated view of the conflict between free will and grace. Both grace and free will play a part in our slavation togther in a mystery.

While there were heretics like Pelagius who elevated free will higher than it should have been, there was someone who went the other way. Augustine of Hippo, who outright denied free will. The problem with Augustine is that, although he is a Church father and brilliant theologean, he let his past as a Gnostic influence his writings. The dismissal of free will is a Gnostic idea.

Centuries later, an Augustine scholar named John Calvin and an Augustinian monk named Martin Luther independantly rediscovered these troubling aspects of St Augustines writings and introduced them to the Church. Both of these scholars took on this hostility towards free will, and Calvin came to the conclusion that we are only saved by God's graces, and God dispenses grace to only a few elect people, while Luther believed that no earthly actions could save or damn us, only having faith in God could save us.

You know what the second sign says?

Nicholas III, who was killed without any guilt, has died because the Tsar was jerking off.

I just... LMAO